Confed or Border Worlds

Me I would go over to the Union of Border worlds even if they wasn't a war going. My reasons:

1.I like their Uniforms

2.If i can win with their limited tech then I'm really an ace pilot.

3.I like their Durango carriers over the Confed Concordia Fleet carriers

Since I was introduced to Wing Commander through WC4(PSX) I've always liked the little guys...I liked the Andorra in WC Aces and I probaby would have fought in their Rebellion even if i wasn't from the sector.Back on the border worlds their the littlest government we now and they can use a skilled pilot like me.

I don't get it how players can say that the UBW fighters were inferior or outdated by the Ocnfed fighters? I'll take a Banshee or Vindicator over a Hellcat any day and an Avenger over the Longbow.

You have to admitt, the spirit in Border Worlders was extreme. If you were in confed during WC4, you wouldnt feel significant in doing your part because Confed is so big, no one would notice you. But in the Border Worlds, every day you had to fight, and you would get regognized for everything. ! Border Worlds is the way to be!

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I don't get it how players can say that the UBW fighters were inferior or outdated by the Ocnfed fighters? I'll take a Banshee or Vindicator over a Hellcat any day and an Avenger over the Longbow.

I wouldn't say that the BW ships are inferior (I think I might have mentioned that in an earlier post, boy do I feel stupid now;)), but the parts and equipment they have aren't exactly top of the line. The BW makes due with second hand stuff sometimes. For instance the stormfire. Not top of the line but definantly not inferior (personally I think it kicks Ass :D). I think that is where the misconception comes from that the BW has inferior and outdated ships.

Well, the bulk of the BW fleet did have inferior and outdated ships. They mostly flew Rapiers and Ferrets and so on. The Vindicators and Banshees that we got to fly were the very top craft that the Border Worlders had (much like Dragons and Bearcats with Confed) and were very thin on the ground. While their top craft might have been better than Confed's *baseline* fighters, in a head to head comparision either top fighters with top fighters or basic fighters with basic fighters, the Border Worlders would have inferior craft.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor leader
Me I would go over to the Union of Border worlds even if they wasn't a war going. My reasons:
1.I like their Uniforms

Hehe... I prefer the USAF uniforms to the french Air Force ones... and I thought about going over there to join the Academy... But my friends told me I would be considered as a traitor...

Don't choose an army because of his uniforms... that is nonsense...

John

Originally posted by Raptor
Well, the bulk of the BW fleet did have inferior and outdated ships. They mostly flew Rapiers and Ferrets and so on. The Vindicators and Banshees that we got to fly were the very top craft that the Border Worlders had (much like Dragons and Bearcats with Confed) and were very thin on the ground. While their top craft might have been better than Confed's *baseline* fighters, in a head to head comparision either top fighters with top fighters or basic fighters with basic fighters, the Border Worlders would have inferior craft.
Best, Raptor

That's why I posted players. :p
True, the fighters in the novel are outdated but I think the BW fighters with their leech gun and stormfire give them a significant edge and makes them at least equal to the Bearcat and Excalibur.

Originally posted by NoRemorse

Hehe... I prefer the USAF uniforms to the french Air Force ones... and I thought about going over there to join the Academy... But my friends told me I would be considered as a traitor...

Don't choose an army because of his uniforms... that is nonsense...

John

Yeah, I know. I once considered going over to the Israeli Air Force simply because their requirements for being a fighter pilot aren't as... discriminating... as the USAF's.

I would be considered a traitor too, so I quickly dropped the idea. Let's hope I can get into SUPT!

Oh and looky- I'm a major now :)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

That's why I posted players. :p
True, the fighters in the novel are outdated but I think the BW fighters with their leech gun and stormfire give them a significant edge and makes them at least equal to the Bearcat and Excalibur.

I think one of the benefits of flying outdated fighters, is that, since you have to go up against things that are far better than yours at times, you really know how to pull the most out of your craft. After all, some of the moves that those old vet BWers could do were pretty amazing in the Ferrets and Rapiers. Especially when you think about how much they took out of the Confed forces. (Really have to know how to use your machine, and not just let the machine "use" you for something like that.)

I don't know but you make it sound in my ears that as soon as you fly out-dated ships you're automatically the better pilot. It's rathe that only the really good pilots survive long enough in those fighters.

*laughs* Well, if your still around in a ship like that, aren't you the better pilot than rookies who just know how to play with their toys? Obviously I'm not saying that EVERYONE who faces a Dragon in a Rapier is going to take it, and it's wing, down-but those that are really good with their ships would be able to make an accounting of themselves.

yeh skyfire thats true. Does anyone know what ever happened to the BW'ers during Prophecy. I think they didnt really improve on technology. Imagine a Manta vs. Banshee. !!! Yeh right. Personally myself, if i was in confed after the bug wars and there was another Confed vs Border Worlds fight. I would assign myself a Panther and take out Squadrens at a time. Panthers are awsome. You can do some great stuff in them!

Originally posted by Iceman2225
yeh skyfire thats true. Does anyone know what ever happened to the BW'ers during Prophecy. I think they didnt really improve on technology. Imagine a Manta vs. Banshee. !!! Yeh right. Personally myself, if i was in confed after the bug wars and there was another Confed vs Border Worlds fight. I would assign myself a Panther and take out Squadrens at a time. Panthers are awsome. You can do some great stuff in them!

No-one knows for sure what kind of tech the Border Worlders had at the time of the Prophecy era. However, I don't see any basis for assuming that they would have the exact same tech as they did in WC4, seeing as they were able to produce at least some fighters rhat were the same level as Confed's baseline fighters in WC4, and tech moves pretty fast in the WC universe. If course, there is no real basis for assuming that they *did* advance either, seeing as we didn't see anything of their military in WC4. There's just not enough hard data to say one way or the other.

AS for taking a Banshee against a Manta, it would be quite an interesting fight, actually. The Banshee is quite similar to the Pirhana performance wise, has weaker defenses and better firepower. For a good light fighter pilot , it should be be doable. As for a panther being able to mow through entire squadrons, I imagine there were many in the Black Lance who felt that way about their Dragons. :D

Col Dom: I'm shocked. You're engaged, are you? What would your fiance think. :)

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor

Col Dom: I'm shocked. You're engaged, are you? What would your fiance think. :)

Best, Raptor

Crud, I'm in a tight spot :eek: !!

Seriously, though, I love Victoria. I also have to maintain my idiom, though. Victoria is well aware of my, well, Roy Fokker-esque, um, lecherism (I guess that' what you'd call it). But that's just an act. I am completely devoted to her!

I look but don't touch. Half the time I just say things cuz it's funny. I'm innocent, really! Don't shoot!

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Guess what jet I wanted to fly :p

The F-2F Hellcat they had back in WWII?

Originally posted by NoRemorse
But my friends told me I would be considered as a traitor...

Last time I looked the United States and France were allies. Aren't they both part of NATO?

Oh and looky- I'm a major now :)

Yeah and a few more posts and you'll outrank your hero. Sure you can live with that?

Man, I would just looove to take out an Excalibur in a Ferret

Any person who can do that deserves to be called an ace, irrespective of kill score.

Finally are you sure your fiancee appreciates you blabbing her name to complete strangers?

Back