Captured WCIII Cruiser

Lunatic

Spaceman
Funny thing happened yesterday as I was playing WC3. For the heck of it, I took out Maniac with a salvo of missiles, then I started shooting up the CVBG. They didn't even start shooting at me. I blew up the last cruiser (name was just Cruiser) and it said "I die for the glory of the Empire." Apparently, the Cats infiltrated the Group :). Another strange thing, I blew up the Victory and went on to complete the mission, though I couldn't land. Hmmm.

You can be court martialled for shooting down your wingman, but apparently they decide to ignore you while you blow up a couple of capital ships. Hmmm, if our crews are that slow on the uptake, it's no wonder we were losing the war. :)

Best, Raptor

Hmmm...Ever play through a game and try to get as many of your wingmen as possible to die? Just to see what happens?

I did that once on WC1...played as many mission sets as possible, and got all of my wingmen killed. Then I GET all the glory. Mwahahahaha!!!

>ahem< Err...still, I do feel kinda bad. If I can prevent 'em fro dying, I will...in WC4 I went back and rescued Catscratch. I just didn't have the heart to leave him hanging.

Hobbes

Yeah, but there is no way to kill Hobbes before his treachery. A friend of mine tried everything. Really shooting him down meant the court "You killed your wingmen". Then he tried the more subtile version and shot his ship NEARLY to a wreckage and sent him to battle alone. This worked quit well, but he always ejected and then came the "He's got nine lifes"-scene with Rachel. So anyway he survived long enough.

Heh. Speaking of murdering wingmen, how many people take the really snaeky way out of the "rescue Catscratch" mission? I sometimes took that mission so Sosa wouldn't get mad at me, then hung around and dogfought the Hellcats till Catscratch blew up his ship. He still dies and Sosa keeps talking to me. The best of both worlds. :)

Best, Raptor

Hey, how can you be so sadistic. The guy is nice, why let him die! There are many other wingman, whose are more worth to blow up.

Okay. And what about Panther. At least one character worth to fight for (Grrrrr).

Gotta admit that I had sometimes the will to blow Maniac one or two rockets into his $%&$.

Actually, I generally preferred Panther to Sosa. I think it was all that hero worship and brown nosing Catscratch laid on Blair that got on my nerves.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Enforcer

>ahem< Err...still, I do feel kinda bad. If I can prevent 'em fro dying, I will...in WC4 I went back and rescued Catscratch. I just didn't have the heart to leave him hanging.

hehe...I tried to play WC4 the first time through doing things the way I thought I would do them. Well, I didn't help the bum guy out (Mr. Bean was he?), nor the guy in the fight. I didn't defect until I absolutely had too, I listend to Hawk 100%; stealing the weapons and blowing Ella to hell, and didn't even bother to TRY to help Catscratch. Needless to say, I got the "Evil Admiral Blair" ending. Worst thing was, until a little while ago I thought that was the right winning ending!

Well, I'm a console gamer, so I played WC4 on the Playstation, so I didn'tget to have a choice when it came to getting the weapon;we went after those automatically. The last time I played, though I defected right away,then decided to rescue Catscratch, then told Hawk we'd die trying. Then I nuked the Ella superbase :D

I didn't know those people, so why should I care? ;)

And I thought Blair looked good as an Admiral. After getting the short end of the stick all of these years, HE is in control now!

I just beleive in victory by any means. There is no such thing as a fair fight. Kill 'em all, I say! Let humanity rule the galaxy! Screw everything else that would want to slaughter us! Wipe them out, ALL of them!

Yes, I'm a little mean. Doesn't mean I don't have a concience. I'd just sooner rescue a human life before I would a Kilrathi. Especially one I knew. Even Maniac.

Originally posted by Enforcer
I did that once on WC1... played as many mission sets as possible, and got all of my wingmen killed. Then I get all the glory. Mwahahahaha!!!
As someone said to me for doing the same thing - remind me not to fly on your wing. ;)

BTW, Kilroy, where did you get that quote?

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
hehe...I tried to play WC4 the first time through doing things the way I thought I would do them. Well, I didn't help the bum guy out (Mr. Bean was he?), nor the guy in the fight. I didn't defect until I absolutely had too, I listend to Hawk 100%; stealing the weapons and blowing Ella to hell, and didn't even bother to TRY to help Catscratch. Needless to say, I got the "Evil Admiral Blair" ending. Worst thing was, until a little while ago I thought that was the right winning ending!

Then i did the exact oposite of you, i also played wc4 making the choices i would do myself...no need to say, i got the Blair instructor ending...i think its far better than the admiral ending, it seemed to me that (sorry for the choice of words) Blair was going to the 'dark side of the force' in that ending... :rolleyes:

While I liked being an Admiral, it was just that the flight instructor cut scene is just better, as it is longer, you see some more ships and so on.

What I really liked abouit WC4 was that the "good" answers were not so obvious as in WC3, plus you couldn't change your mind after you chose one.
BTW, a hard choice was for me: Do I let Dekker punch Maniac or not? I didn't let him, after all I like him more than that Marine.
And a tough choice was wether to let Tolwyn go or not. I let him go the 1st timeI played WC4.

The 'official' ending had that camaraderie feeling that Tolwyn was always whinging about not having. :)

Maniac deserved to be punched. Better to have one wingman out of several below par than one marine leader out of... one. Besides, I never noticed any drop in performance, anyway.

And letting/not letting Tolwyn go doesn't make much difference - I was a bit disappointed by that.

I agree that the WCIV decisions were much more compelling and thought-provoking. Especially the in-mission ones.

Back