Captain To the Bridge

Which Vessel That Carries Fighters Would YOU Like to Command?

• TCS Concordia (Concordia-Class Super Cruiser)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • TCS Concordia (Confederation Class)

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • TCS Tigers Claw (Bengal Class Carrier)

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • TCS Tarawa

• TCS Victory

• TCS Cerberus

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • TCS Vesuvius

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Intrepid

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • TCS Midway

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by NoRemorse
Nobody wants to command the Victory... strange...:D

John
She's a museum now, it would be kinda funny though.
"Battle Stations everyone!"
"To your left folks, we see the bridge of a Confederation carrier. Its use was to coordinate---"
"Excuse me, we are in the middle of a battle here."
"Well I am in the middle of a tour!"

You forgot to put BWS in front of the Intrepid.

I like the WC1 Tiger's Claw. She isn't overly huge as far as the later cap ships go but it just looks mean and powerful.

Yep, the Victory certainly got its use in the war. The Vesuvius is certainly a formidable ship. I don't know if it could take down the Midway though. Certainly would be an interesting battle.

I think the Tiger Claw will always be the ship I have my eyes set on. If only the stealth fighters hadn't destroyed it...

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...
You forgot to put BWS in front of the Intrepid.

I like the WC1 Tiger's Claw. She isn't overly huge as far as the later cap ships go but it just looks mean and powerful.

I think so too. Plus, can you imagine it's reputation with the Kilrathi?

I bet that the TCS Tiger Claw had the reputation with the Kilrathi like the reputation the Enterprise under Captain Kirk has with the Klingons. They just wanted to kill/destroy the ship and get all the honor from that action.

Have you ever read Freedom Flight? When Ralgha's crew found evidence of the Claw in-system, it scared 'em shitless!

Ohhh heck yes. That was pretty cool. Those were some pretty awesome books.

Same thing with the Concordia. The experienced flying and honor. I bet Tolwyn was turning more than a couple Kilrathi heads whenever they knew he was in system.

Undoubtably it was the same for the Tigers Claw.

The other cool thing about the Claw was that no matter where you are in space, in the thick of it or far from action, it always seemed like a tranquil atmosphere where you felt as if far away from home, but being at home during the same time. It never really seemed like there was a war going on at all inside that ship. You know the feeling, like how you're so far out of the reaches of civilization that no one could touch you? Then it got blown to bits!:mad:

I can't truly comment on the game version on the Claw.... BUT I can comment on the movie version that I truly fell in love with. I can't say I really liked the game version too much, but what you are telling me WULF certainly sounds cool. The movie version seemed like just what it was meant to be, a warship. It certainly had some interesting features, loads of torpedo tubes and the "Clam Feature" to close off its runway. I think that the Corvette area was also a interesting feature. Let me ask you this: The Tiger Claw in the game obviously looks different than the one in the movie...so which one is the right one?

There's 3 versions of the Claw that I've seen. SWC version, which looks more like a WC3 style ship, the original, and the movie version. Personally, I love the original the best because it just looks more intimidating, IMO, because of the design. Plus the fact of the nostalgia factor, it being the first WC experience, and it's history. I would have to say that the original is right, but it really varies from person-to-person. Personally, I would loved to have seen a movie version of the original in action!

Is it possible the Tiger Claw is like the Enterprise in that it went through several versions... Several different Classes?

No, that's not what I meant. Super Wing Commander was a remake of the original on 3DO, and a lot of things, like ship designs, were changed. It didn't go through any class changes, otherwise it wouldn't have the 'Bengal-class' moniker.

Ahhhh. Now I got ya. Well, that is unfortunate that they changed the look around. Like you said they should have kept it the same especially for the movie.

wc1bengal.jpg

I could see that as being pretty awesome in a movie. Of course it might be a different paint scheme and all, but I think it could look awesome. It certainly has potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the paint scheme must go, but I mean LOOK AT THAT SUMBITCH, it looks bred for combat!! And it was quite a place to crash (sleep, live...not literally!) also!

I for one would love the chance to sit in the commander's chair of the Tiger Claw and order the helms men to take us through a jump point... It certainly would be outstanding.

IIRC, Halcyon commanded the Claw's fighter wing, and the captain of the ship itself was some guy who we never actually saw.

--Eder

Commodore Tolwyn captained the Claw during Wing Commander Academy. After that, Captain Thorn was in charge for a while. As I recall, Tolwyn later took back his command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back