Alpha Test Game 5

Hi guy. I don't know why, but all EP mails are getting to my spam box. Go figure. I think I solved that.

As to 16EP. I'm sure I issued orders to Magna attack Bravo. It's not listed as such. I think Glorious had no target in range so that made my turn very fast.

Cheers,

As to 16EP. I'm sure I issued orders to Magna attack Bravo. It's not listed as such. I think Glorious had no target in range so that made my turn very fast.

Cheers,

Sorry, you mean during 16 CP (field report shown in 16EP)? I don't see an order from Magna in the queue; I agree it seems odd that you wouldn't have put in that order, but it just didn't get stored. Sadly I have no way of going back and checking for error messages. Do you remember what sort of order you put in? I could try to recreate it and see if it sets up some sort of error that would prevent the order from being created. (I'd need exact details, such as weapons used (all of them?) and if you'd fired a missile).

With the removal of the mouse-over popups, I was finding it annoying to track which ship was which. I've added back in a mouseover name tag for each ship. Clicking will bring up the full nametag. For now, they are relatively ugly - solid blue. I can give them the usual gradient background and race-specific colouring later, if you guys approve the change. I've also given them an effect to appear; I haven't decided if I like it or not. Opinions are encouraged.

edit: Also, I'm aware some of them don't line up 100% properly; I am not bothering to correct this for now, until I get feedback that this is a desired feature to keep.

Yeah, I meant the report in 16Ep relative to 16CP. I posted the orders earlier than 20/Feb. Reading the thread, I see that Skanks could not put his orders and there were several changes to the code during that period. I think Magna did launch a Dumb-fire, even though I'm not sure it had any in store anymore. As a request (I know this is not the thread to it), I'd like to see all die rolls without modification on the reports. Something like: Craft - Task - Dificult Number - Die Rolled - Modifiers = Final Result (accomplished or not and/or by how much). I have kept all mails from Turn 11 onward to check those numbers.

Cheers

Game 5 somehow got stuck waiting for a non-existent order to arrive. I kicked it over to the next turn.

Second turn in a row that I have ordered Magna to Fire at Bravo and nothing happens.

Do you mean you're trying to shoot Bravo with a dumb-fire missile and nothing happened? That would be consistent with the rules...Bravo changed direction this turn and he's three hexes out.

Field report says you shot your guns at Bravo and missed...so something happened.

Or were you lamenting two turns in a row of bad "rolls"? I can sympathize with you on that one...

Had a rough week. Didn't see Magna fire in the mail. Sorry about that venting. I will (whine) to bad rolls later when I compile that info.

Cheers,

The FoF missiles fired by Harm's Way and Mako should both have had locks - Mako's on Odin or Thor, and Harm's Way's on Thor or Mako (depending on how you are handling IFF damage). We had problems with IFF earlier in this game as well, didn't we?

Hey, just out curiosity, did anybody else have any problems with the link in the e-mail message that goes to the current game? I've tried it twice from two different terminals now, and couldn't get it to work in either place.

Hey, just out curiosity, did anybody else have any problems with the link in the e-mail message that goes to the current game? I've tried it twice from two different terminals now, and couldn't get it to work in either place.
It works for me... but I'd be really curious to hear if someone else is having problems.

I have a question about the Evasive action command screen - it looks like it doesn't permit a non-banking maneuver:
picture

edit: replaced the image with a link

I have a question about the Evasive action command screen - it looks like it doesn't permit a non-banking maneuver:
picture

edit: replaced the image with a link
Well that's clearly a bug; it isn't the intention. We're seeing some other command window weirdness over in Game 7 too. Something I changed to the command windows has messed them up. (Very likely, it is the flak fire modifications I made last month). Don't submit your order for now, if you haven't, I'll try to look into this when I find time. (Soon, hopefully).

Well that's clearly a bug; it isn't the intention. We're seeing some other command window weirdness over in Game 7 too. Something I changed to the command windows has messed them up. (Very likely, it is the flak fire modifications I made last month). Don't submit your order for now, if you haven't, I'll try to look into this when I find time. (Soon, hopefully).

Wow, when I "fixed" letting afterburn bank happen about 2 months ago, I had thought I'd extended this to the endphase engine as well. Apparently I only did half a job, and we only noticed it now. I'm shocked I thought this was done, but looking back upon previous updates, I don't see where I polished it off. Humungus, you can submit your order now; let me know if this isn't as expected.

Note: this doesn't address yet any of the other weirdness we've seen over in Game 7, with people re-opening the command window and it producing changed results.

Okay, first time I opened it, the command screen was okay - all the tabs like regular AB, banking, burnout, shelton slide and drop-down boxes were there. I closed the screen without submitting the orders to check the board once more, and upon opening again, the drop-downs vanished. The tabs themselves remained, but without their usual options.
Refreshing fixes it temporarily, if you try it again, it still happens.

Back