Advice for the Segmenters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

I swear to God, if you don't stop being stupid I'll ban you.

LeHah got in trouble, NaNaNaNaNaNa... oh sorry, I'll stop being stupid too ;)

Originally posted by TyeDyeBoy
I didn't know you could use gozilla for this kind of thing.

Haven't tried it yet, but don't want to annoy anybody by messing it up for others.

Gozilla is one of those so-called "spyware" apps, and I tend to stay away from such nonsense and recommend the same to others. Personally I use GetRight and it does support the use of the Referer tag, so there's absolutely no problem there. Also, the segmenting aspect of the program is completely user configurable, and turning it off is no problem.

Originally posted by mpanty
Apart from the advantage of learning something while you're [at uni], they also let you use their computers with T3 connection...
If you're lucky enough to have a computer department dumb enough to allow downloads of ZIPs, MP3s, AVIs, etc. :(

Originally posted by mpanty
Go to uni, people...

Apart from the advantage of learning something while you're there, they also let you use their computers with T3 connection...
Well, I am at University, and while I can download anything there, then there's still the slight problem of getting it to MY computer after that.
I've got no much use for the latest WinXP beta ISO if all it does is sit on a computer at the faculty.
And besides, Microsoft betas are my main source of download, and you must use Microsoft File Transfer Manager for that, and installing that requires Admin rights, which I don't have, so I can't download that stuff at University.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Or if you have the double-digit plus IQ required to get around such bans.
Hey, what are you suggesting by that? If you know better, why not enlighten me? :(

Any attempt to download such files are met with a "Access Denied" or a "File Unavailable" message. Not to mention that each student is only given 40MB.

25MB plus no DL restrictions. Actually, I suppose I shouldn't complain, since all the stupid people end up wasting their time on games. And me on the CZ.

Shit.. I just checked out that Hungarian site and am SO disappointed!
One of the older links was one to the full first Bab5 season... and was expired 31/7
Bummer!

Originally posted by TyeDyeBoy
Four connections at a time, feel free. That's perfectly fine.

OK. I share the worlds worst cable provider with Unforgiven, so AFTER i checked here, I use 3 connections. Just to take care that it doesn't take me a full week to download an episode LOL.

so TyeDye... do enlighten me.. why the hell do I still get my ass banned??? am damn well playing it by the book here, or at least I am thinking so, so straighten me out, would ya? cuz if for some reason I'm wreaking havoc on your site, I might be doing the same on other sites as well, and I'd really like to know.

Wreaking havoc is nice, but only if it's intentional

Originally posted by Stormbird
Shit.. I just checked out that Hungarian site and am SO disappointed!
One of the older links was one to the full first Bab5 season... and was expired 31/7
Bummer!

B5 starts coming out on DVD starting in December.

If my logs show me more than twenty connections in five minutes, I ban the IP. IIRC, yours was connected about fifty times. Either your software is lying to you or you're trying to download it a few too many times at once.

could reconnecting because of losing the connection be a reason for such an amount of connections??? because i know that happens to me very often, especially on a bad day with my ISP.. and THE reason I started using GetRight. I've never heard of GetRight giving wrong information. You know about any log file or such I can check out to find the reason for this?

As you see, I already fixed the problem for your site by obtaining another IP, but if I get the same shit with the next download next week, I rather know beforehand.

If you want to take this discussion elswhere than the board to see if we can work this out together one way or another, just email me... I just like to know what's going on with my connections... gone as far as checking on BackOrifice here and getting a bit paranoid LOL

Sucks to be you.

Hey, Stormbird! What did you think of The Most Delicate Instrument? I sure as hell enjoyed it. It's one of my favorites. But I guess you didn't get to see it, did you? Hehe, my bad...

Oh Weasel is such a sweetheart and lives up to the second part of his callsign perfectly well, so don't be rude to him guys.

Liked the episode very much, thank you Wild. I simply changed IP addresses and downloaded the rest. You could have tried to read the previous postings in the thread, but I guess spelling is such tiresome work....

Talking about jerk modes... I can simply go on and download while changing my IP when neccesary and not say anything. Now THAT I would call jerk mode. But as I tought everything I did was playing by the book I sought contact and maybe some help with suggestions to prevent this shit from happening (did I hear you say "Stop downloading then", Wild? SO ingenious!).
Then again, TyeDye doesn't seem to bother about that...

I'll have GetRight reconnect after 5+ minutes if connection is lost instead of after 5 seconds as it is now... that's all I can do here as far as I can see, Tye... and don't say I didn't try and coöperate
We'll see what happens next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back