A Good One...

Ya, lets make it more difficult for gamers to get their games running on a less than "standard" OS. Considering 98 percent of computers out there in the home are windows, and the game makers know this, whats the point in getting another OS that really isnt supported like windows is?. Just more headache and asprins to swallow.

RFB

Aha! I knew it! It's a conspiracy... the aspirin manufacturers made Linux in hopes of boosting aspirin sales!

Seriously though, if Linux could
1) run any given Win9x program and
2) emulate a DOS environment so that DOS-only software could be run,
then I would consider it. But until at least requirement 1 is met, I ain't gonna touch no Linux :).

*g* I am a girl...may I also???*LOL* But wouldn't it be a little complicated, driving everything on an alternate based-system? I mean, what I heard and saw of Linux and the like was REALLY complicated! Okay if you learned it one time, thenit could be okay/easy. But the learning itself? HORROR:eek:!!!

Originally posted by Meson
Burns that's the purpose of Lunix.

No thanks, I will stick to what *is* working and stick to an OS that these game makers are *primarily* writting their games for. Walk into a computer store, and a majority of the systems there have win OS loaded. Majority of the games, written for win OS. Oh ya some have patches and external exe's for Linux or whatever. Honestly, if Linux would pick up steam and be able to run DOS stuff, Win9x stuff, win2000 stuff, win ME stuff, and be able to interface and run my current hardware then I too would consider it. In fact I do have a copy of Linux 5.0 I think is the ver. Sits in the box, collecting dust. It does not run my older games, it does not run my current games, and it does not support my peripherial hardware such as sound card, vid card, scsii cards, network hub, hub controller, nor will it even see my data requisition cards. Maybe some time soon it will kick butt, till then, gonna stick to what works.

RFB

Granted, 95% of games are run on Windoze OS, but the Leniux OS is so...adjustable and clay-like...Mmmm delicious coding...So...pretty...My God, it's full of stars!

I think Unix is for 'hardcore' tech-heads, but I've just been so brainwashed by Microsoft that I can't stand anything that doesn't remotely resemble DOS or Windows. Hence I always head for the Windows labs instead of the Unix ones at uni. :)

Loaf, for every insult, you will scream a dozen times...

I find it hard to believe that you bothered to italicize scream but you couldn't spell my name right...:)

I'm sorry, LOAF but I went into Brock Peter's Darth Vader mode for a second :)

MacOS X
It's the only way to fly!

On that note, I would like to point out that no, I don't like Macs. Even if they do have SWC.

But loaf is still LOAF regardless of what way it was spelt. Wouldn't an uncapitalised loaf be an error of grammar or something else? :)

Back