Thread Order

To be fair, that thread was closed because it was so incredibly stupid, not because it was a versus thread.

Leave Chris alone :(

And it's pretty much only Wing Commander vs. something else threads that people care about.

TC

did you not see the smily face midway through the post, I was not being very serious, in fact I was being downright sarcastic so loosen up everybody get a sence of humor, or maybe I just make really really bad jokes?

bandit, that name suits you right, every tread that has humor, you close.
and VS. treads are only good, in that way we can discus the few things that could be improved with the new WC (if they come) :mad:

so stop being so serious, live a little

To the best of my knowledge, in the history of time I've closed only three threads -- none of them because they had humor... I closed that particular thread because it was really, really, really stupid.

I thought we were not supposed to question admin decisions in the zone? I think I smell somebody about to be kicked off the zone :)

9) If you believe that the CIC staff have made a mistake in regard to (8), you are allowed to protest. However, this is NOT to be done _on_ the board. You should use E-Mail, ICQ, or IRC. Any messages posted on the 'Zone for this purpose will be deleted, and the person responsible may, at the CIC's discretion, be banned.

if i read that right, that means that Napoleon is right about questioning admins.

You guys should really learn to shut up... It's rather customary to kill the guys begging for someone else's banning from $some_internet_place. You're rather lucky that the CIC guys don't ban on a whim (normally :) )

TC

*resisting flaming Napoleion...*
*resistance successful*

back on topic... the post order is great until TC gets into one of his ultralong "quote and reply" posts, where you have to start from the top of the post to get everything, then flip again to get back into the quick stream of things. Someone mentioned Japanese writing... if you changed the posts themselves so they were read upside down (letters in normal orientation, but last line first and all that) it would be great.

Seriously though, keep it as is.

Originally posted by TC
Wow, I barely ever quote... Earthworm does that.

TC
Of course then you quote Earthworm, and he quotes you quoting him, and you quote him quoting you quoting him, and then he quotes you quoting him quoting you quo...damn, I'm lost now...who was I up to.

Either way, I blame...someone!

eek13.gif

I barely ever quote anyone. And I definately don't quote Earthworm. I try to only quote coherent people.

TC

All right, baaack to topic!

Perhaps you should consider reversing the post order (first post first), it may actually end up keeping the thread on topic (i.e. they see the original message and the progression from there, and not the last inane off-topic piece of shit that they feel obligated to reply to).

Also consider increasing the page size to, say, 25 posts instead of what? 10?

would keeping the size small help save posts like "whats up with the Neph."? If so, I say keep it and unlock that one...

Originally posted by dreddnott
All right, baaack to topic!

Perhaps you should consider reversing the post order (first post first), it may actually end up keeping the thread on topic (i.e. they see the original message and the progression from there, and not the last inane off-topic piece of shit that they feel obligated to reply to).

Back when this board ordered posts most-recent-last there was still topic drift. Going back won't help. Besides, all the regulars are used to the arrangement and we wouldn't want to go back.

Also consider increasing the page size to, say, 25 posts instead of what? 10?

I prefer fewer messages. You don't have to wait too long for the page to load.

Back