Thread Order

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
We're in some planning stages at the moment with respect to the chat zone here and are interested in some feedback on the thread order. A while back we "reversed" the order so that newer messages in a thread appeared "above" older ones within threads. This is opposite how most chat zones operate. Would you be for or against (or neither) us reversing the ordere once again (so that new posts within a thread appeared "below" old posts") in a future board upgrade? Any comments appreciated.

I think listing these with latest above old posts is good so you can simply scroll down the page to see older posts in the order they got posted. Some seem to work that way now, but some take you to early posts after placing a new one, so you have to find the newest posting. One took me to the tail end of the thread, which is actually the first posts when it said "you will now be taken to your post".

RFBurns

"Ready to stamp!" [Panther, WCIV]

That was one of the reasons we reversed the order last year. This new board, however, does take you to the post you just made. :)

Personally, I think you should set it to older messages first. Though I'm not exactly a CZ regular, it's more than a little disorienting to have one board one way, this another. Most that I've seen are oldest first.

I got no prob with the order.
This one is fine with me, but if you reverse it with will be fine with me as well.

Oldest messages first, definally. Scrolling up as you read a thread is just weird.

This is totally messed up. Especially when you start throwing in multiple pages.
I don't like opening a thread and having to zip down to the bottom to start reading, because then the replies spoil the whole thing (only once). I can get used to reading vertical right-left Japanese text, but this is ridiculous. :)

No this isn't this is good, so that you can check the most recent posts easily just by looking and not having to scroll. This is the better way of doing things and personally,I find the other way quite annoying. CIC staff, plese maintain the board the way it is

I like it this way too. It's great for when the connection slows down, because if you're tired of waiting, you just press stop and still get all the newest posts.

Leave it the way it is Crid, it makes it much easier for the regulars.

As for the rookies, no one really gives a damn about them...:)

Change it to the other way. With 5 webboards, this 'board can be disorienting when you come here after reading 4 other 'boards which have the old posts first.

And how do you know that the other boards aren't disorientating, while this is the normal one?

Or you could just read this board first...

This is the only board I've ever been to that is like this. Ive been to at least seven other boards that are oldest post first.

But this is by far the best board there is... therefore, this one is normal, and whatever we see here should be copied on all other boards.

Back