New 3D Thread

Some of the animations made it onto space.com today! Stupid excited!

https://www.space.com/38306-lockheed-martin-reusable-mars-lander-unveiled.html

giphy.gif

The destroyer had taken position above us, in clear space above the gas giant's outer atmosphere.

He had estimated our position within a couple million cubic kilometers. We couldn't manuver without being detected, and he couldn't waste his entire warload on an area that large.

Some genius computer programmer in SysFleet had decided the audio tone for a hostile sensor burst in high EM situations ought to sound like an old fashioned sonar ping.

You know, like in those XXth century movies about pre-hypercavitation, pre-lidar, fossil fuel submarines? Sitting in a tin can, listening helplessly to the sensor pulses that are narrowing down your position with nothing to do but wait for death?

The computer, synthesizing millions of pieces of information pertaining to proximity, bearing and intensity, was helpfully making the sonar pings louder. And louder, and louder. Suddenly, they stopped completely.

The relief of tension on the bridge was palpable. The captain thoughtfully caressed the mute button before turning to me and speaking in a blessedly clear tone.

"Xi, lets go to battle stations, and stand by for a magnum launch. Prepare to secure from silent running. Stand by full thrust."

In my century, pings go both ways.

-Xi Collins, XO, TCS Centurion

Attachments

• Waterloo.jpg
    Waterloo.jpg
    623.3 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
The destroyer had taken position above us, in clear space above the gas giant's outer atmosphere.

He had estimated our position within a couple million square kilometers. We couldn't manuver without being detected, and he couldn't waste his entire warload on an area that large.

Some genius computer programmer in SysFleet had decided the audio tone for a hostile sensor burst in high EM situations ought to sound like an old fashioned sonar ping.

You know, like in those XXth century movies about pre-hypercavitation, pre-lidar, fossil fuel submarines? Sitting in a tin can, listening helplessly to the sensor pulses that are narrowing down your position with nothing to do but wait for death?

The computer, synthesizing millions of pieces of information pertaining to proximity, bearing and intensity, was helpfully making the sonar pings louder. And louder, and louder. Suddenly, they stopped completely.

The relief of tension on the bridge was palpable. The captain thoughtfully caressed the mute button before turning to me and speaking in a blessedly clear tone.

"Xi, lets go to battle stations, and stand by for a magnum launch. Prepare to secure from silent running. Stand by full thrust."

She looks pretty pretty! And good on you to have made that reference to the subs of the past (I'm playing Cold Waters and enjoying the hell out of it).

He had estimated our position within a couple million cubic kilometers. We couldn't manuver without being detected, and he couldn't waste his entire warload on an area that large.

The most underrated ship in the WC Universe! And was already in the WC1 Timeline because from the Novel Freedom Flight Hobbes destroy with his Fralthi 1 the Waterloo Cruiser Leningrad. Too bad we never see a Space Battle with a Waterloo in WC2. Just in the cutscenes a landing and a com Scene :(

Finally! One of the Terran Navy's most badass is here! I can't say how thrilling it is to see this one. The Waterloo desperately needs more love, I'd love to see one of them leading an entire fleet into battle.

Finally! One of the Terran Navy's most badass is here! I can't say how thrilling it is to see this one. The Waterloo desperately needs more love, I'd love to see one of them leading an entire fleet into battle.
Well, I should be able to help for that, though if you want setpieces, Klavs blows us away by light-years.

Hi guys, some of the work I've been doing lately has gone public today, check it out here! Exciting to think that some of this could actually fly in space some day! Hope you like it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lockheedmartin/sets/72157689489028895

Congratulations! That landing vehicle looks especially badass, like a b-1 was turned into a rocket.

Sorry I haven't been around lately, I've been busy perusing a diploma in mechanical engineering technology. Hopefully I can get a job working in the private space industry after :)

Awesome! I'm looking forward to getting it working in my WCS mod!

I noticed you now have two types of turrets. Any rationale behind that?

It's the difference between something like a 5 inch gun and a 20mm bofors. I stopped caring about what 'cannon' armament went where a while ago!

Yea. Those WC2 stats for guns are not really good.
Book - 2 Flaks - Radarpic - about a dozen!

Chris and his guys Show that also on the Destroyer from Star Citizen, the Javelin
480m now - 23m less then this WC2 cruiser
11 AA Turrets
2 STS Turrets
2 Torplauncher with 32 Torps
Hangar for a Dropship.

How the cruiser 4,5 Million Goal or the 17 Million Aegis Battlecruiser Looks like.
Overall - i like your design of several AA turrets and those 4 gunturrets for the AMG guns ;)

This reminds me, I will probably have to carefully extract the gattling turrets to make them into Stormfire turrets for the Border Worlds. I was using a hastily retextured kitbash model I built from the larger turrets (the one without actual guns you can see on the Waterloo) and the Stormfire guns DefianceIndustries made for his Vindicator and Avenger, but with these, it could look much better.

Hi everybody, just thought I’d finally share some of what I’ve been doing for the past year or so:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.space.com/42011-lockheed-martin-unveils-huge-moon-lander.html

I provided all the visualizations and animations. I’m even a co-author on the white paper if you want to get into the rocket science a bit more!

Alas, I wasn’t able to tack on any sexy fins or neutron turrets, but there’s always the next design!

Cheers,

-K
Awesome! Glad to see this kind of professional recognition!

Back