movie question

Well, in the cartoon, I'm not so sure about the comics (which is where I'm drawing my information from, because there are some inconsistencies [sp?] between the cartoon and the comic). However, while the Starjammers and Corsair were introduced in the cartoon during the first Phoenix Saga, as priates attempting to steal the alien M'Krann Crystal, we didn't learn that Corsair was Cyclops' dad until a later episode (now remember, this is from the cartoon, not exactly the same as the comic).

Knight: I just pulled the information out of my head. X-Men has just been one of my interests since second grade, I think.
wink.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Last edited by a moderator:
Always liked the X-Men cartoon, aways read DC so noe conflicts for me
smile.gif
I was impressed with the quality of the stories on the show and the fact that they usually had a long storyline instead of one episode one villian (or group) The return of Morph I thought was wonderfully done. Fox, I think, helped bring back Saturday mornings, which after a couple of the big US netwroks went to news on Saturdays really suffered. I prefer the WB though now, particulary, the DC shows, Batman, Supes and Batman beyond, though I do wish they did the longer storylines X-Men did.

My sister and I are watching the X-Men re-airings on Fox Kids and I realized that pretty much every episode was in the " To Be Continued..." style. That was cool.

------------------

Just so you all know...

The X-Men series was designed ON PURPOSE to be different from the actual comics. (Read the X-Men Adventures cartoon comic adaptions and they mention it a lot.

Basically it was an alternate X-Men reality. (Probably why Bishop was there :p )

As for Jubilee, after some really nasty stuff happened to the X-Men in the 80's, 90% of the team lost their memories (Prof. X was missing too) and Wolverine was fighting someone (he had his memory, he Sean (Banshee) and Forge did. I believe Jean Grye was the only other to maintain the memories.) anyways, Wolverine met up with Jubilation Lee and they fought together. (They're best buds in the comic vs.) Oh yeah, in that time period X-Calibre was orignally started.

Uh, I digress so much it ain't funny.
Anyways, she joined Wolverine in the search for his team mates after that. (If you read Wolvie's comics, Jub's in A LOT).

Anyways, just some more tidbits.

One other thing, when Magneto saved Peitro and Wanda from the Mob of crazed psychopath's, he didn't know they were his twin children. Wasn't until long after that.

Oh yeah! (Man my memory is starting to grind with all this info). While working at that hospital, Xavier fell in love with someone named Amelia. A few years ago, Magnus was talking to Xavier about it. The comic was devoted to the three of them.
She later became an Acolyte because she thought Xavier only liked her so she would join the team.

Other then Magneto, Jean Grey has the longest relationship with Xavier. She was in fact the first true 'member'.

Uh, other then that. I don't remember anything that would clear stuff up for ya all.

Oh yeah, Mystique is Nightcrawlers mother. Aswell as the mother of the Creed family. Sabretooth is the father.

X-Men history has so many subplots and twists it ain't funny. But good though.

DC sucks in my book. About every three or four years they have some time altering catastrophic event. :p Like Zero Hour.

Adios amigos!
(I hate being a cadet.)

You have to put in some time, bud, just like everyone else.
tongue.gif

Unless, you're the one in control of this site - you get to be Space Marshall.

------------------
Turn me loose, Colonel.
This is what I live for!

For those who missed Mr.Stan Lee's cameo appearance in the film X-Men....he is the hotdog vendor on the beach when Senator Kelley comes out of the water...its quick so you have to be too..and I see this is another place where the original topic has once again gotten buried due to an argument/jumped to a tangent...why do we all do that I wonder?

------------------
BLACKLION
Special Operations
"Kind of a bummer have your butt kicked by a dead guy!"

Because this was a stupid topic to begin with.
wink.gif

Minaru: Yay, someone who knows as much about X-Men as I do!
biggrin.gif
Never did read the Wolverine comic. Back in '97, I was juggling between X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Man, and Spectacular Spider-Man, but it got expensive and confusing, so I dropped down to just Uncanny X-Men.

Just to expand on what you said:

Uh, Amelia... Yeah, Amelia Voght, I believe her name is. She's now with Magneto on Genosha, which he currently rules with an iron fist.

As for the Mystqiue-Sabretooth thing: Many years ago, Raven Darkholme and Victor Creed had a son, Grayson Creed, who ran for President during the Operation: Zero Tolerance story arch. Oh, I should also mention that Grayson Creed was assassinated while campaigning.
wink.gif

------------------

Ameila Voght, that's it
wink.gif

Grayson Creed, wasn't it Graydon? Who assininatated him? Bad ol' Bobby didn't do his job to well :p (Was assigned to his body guard team, I think)

This isn't an arguement, no one has gotten mad. We've erely helped expand everyones knowledge of something we seem to all enjoy!

So until Wolverine paints his nails pink, Make Mine Marvel!

Graydon Creed, that's right. Former head of Friends of Humanity. For those of you who only watched the cartoon, Creed appeared in an episode where the FOH kidnapped Jubilee.

You know, I forget who offed Graydon Creed.

------------------

Let's try this again...

Maybe Havoc offed the bastich(Uh, moderate that if it's not allowed). Since the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants was gunning for him and he was a willing member of it. Almost killed his brother Scott too.

As for Generation X, it was a Made For TV Movie. It was orignally planned as a pilot for a new TV Series but it didn't pan out so it's classified as a Made For TV Movie. So instead of the TV series they made it a comic book. Generation X. The team members are from the Age of Apocalypse (Some of them, I think. Skin, Chamber, and Mondo I believe?). That team was Next generation or some such bologna name :p

Well, I foget what else I had to say, but thats it for now.

Age of Apocolypse. Uh, that was wierd. It was Generation Next, by the way. Then we had some other odd characters and teams such as the Astonishing X-Men, X-Man (yes, Nate Grey did cross over into the regular Marvel Universe later on, though), and Weapon X.

As for the Generation X movie: When I saw it in, like, sixth or seventh grade it didn't even seem like it belonged in the Marvel Universe to me. It was as if the X-Men, Fantastic Four, or Spider-Man didn't even exist. Oh, and Matt Frewer (sp?) just doesn't make that good a villain in my book.

------------------

It really wasn't meant to be apart of the normal X-Men universe.
That's the point of it.
It's like the X-Men: Animated Series.
It was designed to NOT run along side the typical Marvel Universe timeline.

I always figured that the Gen-X movie was meant to be a lead in for a TV series. But, like a lot of movies that would serve in that manner (with the Journey to the Center of the Earth movie coming to mind), it didn't do it's job in presenting the story in the best manner. I thought that the movie took too great a tangent from the Marvel Universe, and it's accompanying fans. The many cartoon series, especially the Spider Man and X-Men series both presented their respective characters and plots in a manner that remained very true to their respective comic books. I thought that the Fantastic Four and Iron Man series did fairly well too, but they didn't have the number of seasons that Spider Man and X-Men due to less developed plots and, I think, a lesser quality of scripts. Of course, this is all my opinion.. and I feel just a tad odd that I actually remember all of these cartoons vividly.

The last time I read the comic was about the part where the Tolerance Zero thing was about to start. And the last thing I remember about Nate Grey was that he was together with a woman that I don't remember the name. That one that took death energy, or something to that effect.

What happened to Nate then?

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited August 05, 2000).]

It *WAS* a TV PILOT. Get it? :p Look it up.
Uh, well, the difference is that this was LIVE ACTION. So they wanted it DIFFERENT. Get it? I don't remember the show since it's been quite a few years since I saw it. (Saw it when it firstcame out). But for all we know maybe they had more marvel appearances in mind for other episodes.
It sucked that it never went on.
And Journey to the Center of the Earth kicked ass. I liked the Yeti guy
frown.gif

BRING IT BACK YOU MOOKS!

Yeah, but at least in the cartoon, Spider-Man and X-Force and all the other heroes existed, but not so in the Gen-X TV movie.

------------------

I realize it was a TV Pilot, I just recall thinking when I first viewed it that it seemed like a pilot, prior to that knowledge.
The thing about different is that different doesn't equal quality. The movie was different from the cartoon and the comic books, certainly. It just wasn't done very well; it's hard to make a live action comic book and have it done well, when based on a TV movie budget. Maybe if the movie was produced for theaters with a greater budget, it would have been a decent movie. As it was, I thought it was just a cheaply done movie that was worth one watching.

I found it to be very well done considering what they had to do.
The technology they have today to do special effects was nowhere near as good. So considering what they had, the show was marvelous!
Maybe it's because I'm an alternate Reality buff and like thigns done from a different perspective then the main stream. (Like a lot of writing)

Back