Linux Fans, Please Test

docking and undocking did not help

sadly, i've tried it more than three times, cause it was a mission with a lot of credits for me ....

Did the last objective become green when you were close?
did you have all the cargo? or did it get destroyed on the way

dont know exactly

the last thing, which didnt become green was "land on planet helen"

everything else was becoming green

and i didn't saw anything in the manifest about cargo, but from the beginning of the mission

maybe i was just to blind to see it? i'll try to do another mission from the merchants guild, maybe i can reproduce that

black planet

in padre planet magdaline is black texturized on my system ...

one idea

in systems with a white background, the hud is really badly readably

it would help, if the hud information would have a dark transparent background overlaid on the environment (i am not using the cockpit background, as it looks a bit too blocky .... :) )

Hum,

I'm having a strange problem. On my gentoo box, i upgraded my kernel from a 2.6.3 to a 2.6.10, using the same configuration. I also switched my nvidia drivers from the 55?? version to a more recent 63?? (not sure of version numbers, but well, those are the actual nvidia 'stable' binary drivers). While everything on my box works nicely including 3D apps (quake3, vegastrike), Privateer now crashes after showing me the welcome/loading picture, with a segfault and a safe 'SDL parachute deployed'.

Anyone had such an issue? And is there a verbose option to the executable so that i can post the messages here?

I think the latest nvidia drivers are 66??. There are also issues with the nvidia drivers and 2.6.10. Are you using a patched version of the drivers or the kernel? Well, gentoo probably patches the kernel (since quake works, as well as X period).

You can run the executable in gdb to get a better idea of what's happening. Oh, and if you do that, make sure you configure privateer to run windowed first.

I have kernel 2.6.8.1 and 66xx nvidias and it works fine

but the best way to know ofr sure what's going on is to do

set to windowed
gdb /path/to/vegastrike
run
bt full

paste that here

aye, 2.6.9 runs fine here, but the kernel was patched for it to do so, and that was necessary with 2.6.10 as well.. disaster hehe. I have to do a bit of research before each kernel upgrade to make sure they are working/patched to work already.

no system should have a white background...are you running in normal mode? perhaps your driver doesn't support texture compression?

ok, not totally white

but for example new constantinople has a really bright background (or was it junction), and on my lcd on the notebook the hud is not really visible in some areas of the background

its also in other systems, where there are some bright places in the background

the textures themselves are totally ok, so maybe a gamma adjustment would already help for me, but a nice dark alpha map as a background for the hud displays would be great, though :)

Okay, i'll post the gdb trace, and maybe downgrade to a 2.6.9 just to see. My 2.6.10 kernel is vanilla, i took it directly from kernel.org with no gentoo patches.

you rock cafard :) hopefully the backtrace will give us some hint as to where the problem happens and maybe we can find a workaround ... likely it's totally nvidia's fault tho...

remember both 2.6.9 and 2.6.10 have the issue

2.6.8.1 is the last known vanilla kernel to work (perfectly) with nvidia drivers

the remake of the best game ever,
thanks to the privateer remake team!

i have test privateer ramake on three computer,

1. AMD 2600+ 1024 MB RAM ATI Mobile 9600 64MB VIA KT400 onBoard Sound Mandrake 10.1
2. AMD 1700+ 512MB RAM GF4200 62MB SB-Live Mandrake 10.1
3. Pentium III 800 256MB RAM GF4MX 62MB onBoardSound Mandrake 10.1

i have only with the Pentium Sound Problems (only Music or Effects can be played).
With the other systems the game runs perfect!

Install script doesnt work on my pc - gentoo amd64

Hi i run the install script it verifys integrity fine, it then says Uncompressing Privateer Remake 1.0 - Base...........

Shows about a page and a half of dots and then ends... It doesnt appear to have made any files or done anything though.. Has anyone else had this problem, or can anyone help me figure out whats going on?

Im on gentoo amd64, and i need to play privateer! now that i know taht theres a remake not being able to paly it is like being in hell itself ;)

Oh is anyone maybe working on an ebuild for this by the way?

I wonder if the supplied binary would work on AMD64 at all.. If it does, it would probably be in 32 bit mode.

Worst case is you get to compile it yourself. The code is all available and not entirely hard to compile, though an ebuild would be easier :) I've no experience in making those, but perhaps someone else will help out.

Okay thanks ill give that a go... I figured it was probably a 64 bit issue..

Back