Kilrathi Capital Ships

What do you want the Kilrathi capital ship textures to look like?

• WC1 style (Lots of white, brown, and a little gold-ish yellow/orange)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • WC2 style (White, gold-ish yellow/orange, red)

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Privateer style (Light brown/tan, white, and a little red)

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • WC3 style (Light brown/tan and a little red)

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • WCP style (Copper-ish orange and red)

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
Oh, good. It's just that I can't imagine why someone would like the WC3 colour scheme - I can imagine people liking the textures, but not their color scheme :p (As opposed to WC2, which I think has a great color scheme, but looks kinda uninspired, even for a bunch of sprites)

--Eder

Since Kilrathi plasteel is naturally yellowish, I'd be very surprised if they were anything different.

So they don't use paint? Seriously? Very expensive capships, and they are saving money on the paint job?

I don't really care that much how the Kilrathi Ships look but I know somebody has to decide.I rather like the WCP Colors but thats just me.What ever color are there I'm going blast that pretty ship to space debris.

Originally posted by Master Obvious
Since Kilrathi plasteel is naturally yellowish, I'd be very surprised if they were anything different.

I bet half of the Kilrathi ships in the WC series have struck you as surprising. :)

--Eder

Originally posted by Delance
So they don't use paint? Seriously? Very expensive capships, and they are saving money on the paint job?

They don´t care much for that, as long as the ships look deadly.

I forgot to say, and I don't know a better place to put this, but I don't like the colour of the Gilgamesh destroyer model - there's too much green on the front edges, whereas in the original, it's just metal grey.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I know what you mean, Wedge. :confused:
Here's a comparison shot of the Gilgameshes... the paint job looks pretty accurate to me:

http://stallions.hypermart.net/wingcommander/gilga.png

If you ignore the annoying red tint of the Standoff version ;), you'll see that the only metal grey parts are the long structure where the bridge and two turrets are mounted on, the engine blocks, and the two blocks which I made into hangars, below the ship.

--Eder

What is the reason for that red tint anyway? Not to say I don't like the models or textures - they're absolutely amazing. I'm so glad we had you for UE, and have you for UE2 as well :)

Oh, that red tint is just the lighting for that particular sector. Some of the screenshots on the site were taken on sectors with very poor lighting, but none of those sectors will make it to the release version :)

Killerwave has already coded all the sectors we need, and they all look great (they use exclusively new planets, too, all made by JarJarThomas). I'm thinking about using our own nebulas as well, but I'm not sure, since some of the original nebulas look really good...

Anyway, the point is: sectors with colourless lighting are boring, so the best place to see the REAL color of the models is the Object Viewer - but that doesn't make for interesting screenshots :p

--Eder

Hmm, those original sprites look familiar. I suppose I'm more used to this picture I found somewhere:
Gilgamesh.jpg

It was such a long time ago, I think I found it when I was fishing around wcnews.com, I found a few nice things in Hadrian's directory. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just gonna stick this thread here until I actually start working on the Kilrathi ships... so everyone gets a chance to voice their opinion without having to dig through weeks of old threads.

--Eder

We haven't heard from him in a while... Chris said he was going to e-mail him a couple of nights ago, but I doubt he did, as he was somewhat busy. He's not dead or anything, as far as we know, is what I can tell you.

He does appear on ICQ regularly. But then, it seems like very often his computer is on, but he himself isn't.

Back