Kilrathi Capital Ships

What do you want the Kilrathi capital ship textures to look like?

• WC1 style (Lots of white, brown, and a little gold-ish yellow/orange)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • WC2 style (White, gold-ish yellow/orange, red)

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Privateer style (Light brown/tan, white, and a little red)

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • WC3 style (Light brown/tan and a little red)

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • WCP style (Copper-ish orange and red)

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
Pfft, that takes using ICQ, though. I don't care about Hadrian's status anywhere near enough to turn that on.

Originally posted by Capn Johnny
What ever happened to ole Had?

Who are you talking about ? :p

anyway ,when I voted for the Wc3 colors,I had the FMV in mind....
I think that colour is the original Kilrathi yellowish plasteel....Have you seen Sadic`s design ? I wish I had the pics .He made Wc1 Kilrathi ships with Wc3 colours (from the FMV not te engine graphics) they were great.

Please if somene has this Pics,post them here.......

Oh, those are absolutely great. :)
Sadic sent me a few reference pictures of his Jalthi back then, so the Standoff Jalthi is still based on his version.

--Eder

Mind you, the Krant is something of a heresy, because it only has one cockpit. Other than that, though, they're among the most beautiful Kilrathi ships ever.

Well,I was talking about something like that.....I think they are Wc1 ships with Wc3 (fmv) textures.They are veryyyy realistic...
My opinion is that all Kilrathi ships had that colours of Plasteel in the Wc universe....Even the yellowish Wc2 :)

Actually, TigersClaw, it makes sense for the Kilrathi ships to come in a variety of metal hues. Presumably, the different clans use different sources of ore, so it seems reasonable that not all would have the same coppery tinge.

and .........its a coinsidence that all the Clans that manufactured the Wc2 ships used that yellowish plasteel and all the Clans that manufactured the Wc3 ships used the other plasteel ?????

I think that the yellowish colour is just a "cartoonish" version of the original colour which is in the Wc3 FMV`s........

Why exactly do you assume that the WC3 colour is the "original" colour? If anything, WC1 would be the original colour.

And, all things considered, it's more than a coincidence. We encounter WC2 ships primarily in Enigma Sector. Presumably, they're not manufactured by one of the nearby clans. The WC3 ships are probably manufactured on Kilrah, since their colour matches the WC3 manual description of Kilrah-manufactured plasteel. Similarly, Priv ships, manufactured somewhere near Gemini have a completely different shade.

Another explanation could be the alloy used for the armour. Apparently, the WC3 Kilrathi ships use plasteel. We know, on the other hand, that WC1/2 Kilrathi ships used durasteel.

Well,I said that Wc3 colour is maybe the original cause,Wc1 and Wc2 are 2d cartoonish-painted textures......they are not the "real" colours.......Wc3 FMV`s are more realistic......well I cant explain it correctly and my Bad English dont help me......

It's not a matter of what's original, but what seems the most realistic. And naturally, as you say, the WC3 ships seem the most realistic.

But how can realism possibly be a factor? This is a pulp sci-fi space sim with big talking cats :). Besides, it's a rather ridiculous argument... are you saying that brown cars are more realistic than orange or yellow cars? :) It's not a question of colour, it's a question of texture. The WC1/2 textures are somewhat cartoony, but that doesn't mean that the colours they use should be equated with cartoony textures.

Hey, I'm not trying to argue anyone's point - I was just trying to settle TCSTC's mind, this seems like a pointless argument (what's the original colour?), anyway. :)

Wedge's right, this is a pointless argument. The whole purpose of this poll is to keep it as simple as "which looks better?" :D

--Eder

go form a thread about communism in the off topic zone. let's leave this one for standoff related posts.

Back