Kilrathi Capital Ships

What do you want the Kilrathi capital ship textures to look like?

• WC1 style (Lots of white, brown, and a little gold-ish yellow/orange)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • WC2 style (White, gold-ish yellow/orange, red)

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Privateer style (Light brown/tan, white, and a little red)

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • WC3 style (Light brown/tan and a little red)

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • WCP style (Copper-ish orange and red)

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters

Eder

Mr. Standoff
What do you want the Kilrathi capital ship textures to look like?

There won't be any in the Prologue, only in the Main Campaign, so there's probably still quite some time until I get to work on one of these (I prefer to do the fighters first) - that means I still have some time to mess around with textures and hopefully make them even better than the Confed ones.

In case you're wondering, the Kilrathi capital ships in Standoff will be the Kamekh (corvette), Ralatha, Fralthi, Fralthra, Snakeir (SWC Version) and Hakaga.

If anyone thinks I left any option out (which I doubt) just write it in a post or something.

--Eder

I'd say try the privateer style. It looks more like metal than the others.

BTW Eder you got the custom FTT filters for cool edit that I sent you? Did you find them useful?

Well, I've always liked the WC2 Kat textures best. The WC2 Kamekh is the best-looking Kilrathi ship ever.

Originally posted by Lynx
BTW Eder you got the custom FTT filters for cool edit that I sent you? Did you find them useful?

Well, not much, considering I don't use Cool Edit :) I was hoping you'd tell me which were the actual effects you've used, since the same effects must be available on most sound editing programs. (I use one called Sound Forge)... I could probably work out the procedure if I just knew which effects were used.

--Eder

I cut of the frequencies above 4000 Hz or so. Too bad that my demo of cool edit has ceased, so I can't look further into it.

BTW, When do you send me some lines to do?

WC2 style all the way ! WC2 ships, both confed and Kilrathi, are the best looking WC ships ever IMHO. Please make them WC2-style !

Originally posted by Lynx
BTW, When do you send me some lines to do?

As soon as I can sort out through all the lines you already have so far :p Like I said, there's quite a few of them... so I have to read all the mission outline files Quarto wrote and look for everything your character says. Don't worry, I'll contact you via email soon.

--Eder

Due to the era, (And the coolness of the ships) I would have to vote for Privateer style textures, however.. maybe a little sharper and luminous, or up the glossiness slightly, to try to remove the cartoony effects. Still, the colours I think would look great.

I don't get it either :p Personally, I'm much more partial to WC2's golden-and-white or WCP's copper-and-red schemes myself.

--Eder

WCPs style looks possibly the best, but for some reason I'm partial to the privateer textures.

..maybe I just really wanna play that game again. :)

Hey !! Whats up guys ?Ive not been around and looks like I missed a lot ! :(

HHm.....I would go with the Wc3 textures Eder........they looked the most realistic in my opinion......

Keep in mind we're talking mostly about the colour schemes here. The actual textures will, of course, stick to my own personal style, so the question of wheter everything will look plain like in WC1 or grainy like in WC4 is not something that will be discussed, even if the WC1 or WC4 styles turn out to be people's favorites. Of course, there are almost no Kilrathi in WC4, but I'm just using it as an example of capship textures... ah, you get my point :p

--Eder

If it takes place AFTER the kilrathi war, it should be yellow, pink and magenta. "The Kilrathi must learn new ways".

And you forgot the WC Movie, with its green ships.

Well, it doesn't take place after the Kilrathi war... and I've only included the options I am considering.

--Eder

Back