Just finish Privateer. Now what?

The game is essentially finished -- you can still fly around and make money, upgrading your ship... this might be a good idea, so you can start of Rightous Fire with money to buy some of the keen new toys.

My RF Centurian cost me over a million creds. start saving now <S> (that means scowl. the opposite of bandits smile :) )

Don't you feel a little dissatify with the way P1 ends. Feels like there should be something more grand about finishing the game. Like in WC3 when Blair gets the girl and they head home together.

Originally posted by Johnl12
Don't you feel a little dissatify with the way P1 ends. Feels like there should be something more grand about finishing the game. Like in WC3 when Blair gets the girl and they head home together.

I have to disagree completely. Of course, the story ends, but you can still play the entire game by yourself, flying missions, trading Cargo and so on. This is, of course, not as entertaining as the real game, but it still gives you the feeling that the game has a great atmosphere. And, as mentioned before, it is certainly worth making money with missions before you change to RF, as the new Items there really ARE expensive (Guns, Shields, Thrust, Speed, Shield enhancer...)

Originally posted by Johnl12

After commiting the largest act of Genocide (Xenocide?) in human history. I always felt that the sugar sweet ending of WC3 was a little wrong. It should have been a little more bitter sweet, with some soul searching about what we did.

Best, Raptor

I always thought that killing the drone was too easy in P1. I mean the dumb thing had chased you through countless sectors and battles. And you always had to run away. Then you get the upgrade to your gun and fifteen shots later, Bye,Bye drone. It should have had quicker regenerating shields or something to make it harder...

The real challange of beating him was in getting the
gun-boost.Flying from sector to sector unable to ward off the persuing drone, was certianly a challange.

Originally posted by $tormin
My RF Centurian cost me over a million creds. start saving now <S> (that means scowl. the opposite of bandits smile :) )

It costs so much simply cause of the new equipment you can get, plus the fusion cannons are 100,000.00 creds each! The gun cooler is also expensive, as well as the engine upgrades and shield upgrades and the new armor. Then the sheild regenerator, the thrust enhancer and speed enhancer. My suggestion is rack up as much creds, at least 2 to 3 mil in Privateer and then start RF. I think the ending was good in Privateer. The end in RF however, was good but not what I expected after all that work!! Right now, my RF pilot after completing both games has 4,328,436 creds. Thats combined credits from both Privateer and RF complete. I didnt start RF until that pilot had over 2 million credits cause of the expensive add ons in RF.

RFB

I don't like the accumulating wealth approach. I've played it both ways (playing Priv after the ending until I've got loads of creds before starting RF and going straight from Priv to RF) I like going straight in, it makes the game a bit more of a challenge. By going into RF with tons of money, you can get all the major upgrades right from the bat and it takes away some of the challenge. It also makes the gaming experience last a bit longer. It's a shame they never made any more add-ons for Priv. I just loved the concept which is why it is my favorite of all the WC games. I'm hoping Freelancer will have many of the same traits.

I did try starting RF from scratch (Tarus) but it took sooooo looong to get any of the upgrades once I got the Centurion. But played thru it anyway. After the first time I completed Privateer, I just used the same ship. Now that pilot has the 4 mil + credits. And whenever I play it, I keep that amount climbing! If I restart from the begining, I play thru Privateer first as before, then RF. IMO, I think the Fusion cannons are way too expensive for their damage hit points, and they drain too much power. So I load up 4 Tachyons on front and 2 Fusion cannons on the back turret. With that gun cooler, they fire very fast and dont use as much energy as the Fusion cannons. Couple those with 2 IR launchers and your an unstoppable force!!

RFB

Does anyone here use something besides the Centurion as their primary ship? Just curious. I personally get the Centurion as soon as possible, as it is far better than anything else for space combat.

I ran thru the game once with the Orion. But the Centurion is of course the best craft in the game. Especially when you do the RFBurns upgrades!!! :D

RFB

Fav. Ship

I've tried all the ships in the game, and I actually like the Orion best. Particularly in RF, where you can get it up to lev 7 engines and 7 shields (although I stick with lev 6 shields to save some power for the burners). With that much engine power, you can stick Fusion guns on the front and back, which gives it almost as much gunpower as the Centurion with 4 tachyons. Add that to the fact that it can run at full burners, with full shields, and still have enough power to fire continously, and you've got a damn nasty ship. It might not be as fast as the Centurion, but it's good enough once you've got the engine upgrades. Not to mention, you ever try to kill an Orion with level 6/7 shields, the best armor (forogt what it's called), and an advanced reair droid? It's jsut about impossible.

I've been promising myself that the next time I get back to Privateer I'll cash in my Centurion and get meself a Galaxy instead. But of course, there's hardly any incentive to play Priv these days. Not meaning to offend any Priv fanatics ;). It's just that once you finish the storyline, all you can do is fly around making money. Boring.

Originally posted by Quarto
I've been promising myself that the next time I get back to Privateer I'll cash in my Centurion and get meself a Galaxy instead. But of course, there's hardly any incentive to play Priv these days. Not meaning to offend any Priv fanatics ;). It's just that once you finish the storyline, all you can do is fly around making money. Boring.

I go into the Kilrathi sectors and practice dogfighting. You might find replaying the game in the Galaxy more challenging and it will make the game sort of fresh again.

RFB

Is there a website for IW2?

By the way, I thought the ending of Privateer was indeed fitting. Think of it this way, Privateer was Origin's attempt to make a film noir of the WC series. The actual WC games were identical to Hollywood blockbusters, however Privateer and especially Privateer2 had that whole independent movie feel.

Did anyone think P2's atmosphere felt like Bladerunner's (the movie)?

Back