Just finish Privateer. Now what?

Originally posted by Quarto
...the drone is basically supposed to be frustrating, so if you ask here about how to deal with it, you miss out on a lot of good gameplay :).
Well, I didn't have that much of a good time. Nor did I have any crazy ideas on how to be rid of it, I just asked my friend.

There's really nothing that great about Terrell and Burrows' credits speech. Although, I guess it was kinda amusing the first time.

Originally posted by mpanty
Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
(...)
Of course it would spoil the fun for mpanty/john if you tell me.
Wouldn't you like that, now would you? :D
(...)
[Edited by mpanty on 05-29-2001 at 13:17]

Oh, you're always thinking bad of me... :)

I have to admit, I sometimes cheated me some money after playing RF through for some time, because I didn't want to fly endless missions wiht my upgraded Centurion (from Priv), where no real challenge is at hand.

Originally posted by Quarto
Originally posted by redwolf
Did anyone think P2's atmosphere felt like Bladerunner's (the movie)?
Do NOT insult Blade Runner! Not if you want to live another day...

And how is that meant to be insulting Blade Runner? Perhaps I like Blade Runner? Don't get so worked up dude! :)

Parts of Privateer 2 did have Blade Runner's cliche'd depressing future feel -- but then, New Detroit in Privateer was a much more obvious nod to BR <G>

I liked the theme of New Detroit. Each time I see a rainy day, I still think back of the days I used to play Privateer all the time...

Memories...

Well, yeah, that's... uhm... sappy, but regardless, New Detroit is clearly the city from Blade Runner -- flying cars, neon lights and dark depressing pits...

Originally posted by redwolf
And how is that meant to be insulting Blade Runner? Perhaps I like Blade Runner? Don't get so worked up dude!
Sorry, I just have this chronic dislike of P2 :).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Well, yeah, that's... uhm... sappy, but regardless, New Detroit is clearly the city from Blade Runner -- flying cars, neon lights and dark depressing pits...
Eh eh... yes, even in Priv1... (assuming you are saying New Detroit is in Priv2 as well)...
For a "cartoon-type" animation, the city screen of New Detroit in P1 immediately reminded me of Blade Runner, the graphics were pretty neat...

Ah... Blade Runner, what an amazing adventure game... :)

Ok ok, I meant the movie, the movie, LOAF... :D

No... New Detroit isn't in Privateer 2... people were saying that P2 was like Blade Runner -- which I just don't see... (especially since the locations in P2 are so varied).

Argh... my "assumptions" will get me into trouble someday... ;)

So, again (and dangerously), I "assume" that the P2 Quadrants map is totally different from that of P1?..

Whoa! THREE systems only... compared to all that mess in P1???

Lots of navpoints and very few jumps in P2 then?..

Oh, you can "mini-jump" within a system? Sweet... :cool:

I always thought those runs for the jump point in P1 were very annoying...
(DAMN THING has to drop out of autopilot as much as 10,000(!!!) clicks from the jumppoint!! :mad: You waste at least 30 seconds each time, and only if you have a fast ship with AB...)

DUH!!! :)

But even without enemy ships around, you drop out of autopilot 10,000 clicks from the jump point... a complete waste of time!!

Incorrect -- you *can* afterburn away from your enemies at nav points in Priv 2... just like in Priv 1. Similarly, in both games you can use jump points without clearing a nav area.

Back