Just finish Privateer. Now what?

The big gates are the Jumpoints ????
and the small one *baliza in spanish* are the minijump ????
well, then you can´t minijump with enemys....

Right... the mini-jumps basically just replaced the nav points in Priv 1 -- from which you couldn't autopilot away.

Originally posted by mpanty
But even without enemy ships around, you drop out of autopilot 10,000 clicks from the jump point... a complete waste of time!!
Not really, I used that time to do bits of work which required more writing than thinking. Such as my accounting set... <yawn>

The autopilot drop out 10000 clicks because you are entering an *important realm of space*......weirdo !!!!

Nope, when there are no enemy ships around, I'd rather drop out of autopilot 2000 clicks away, so that:

1) If I'm on a patrol mission, I can go straight to the next nav point (like in the Blair WC-series, DUH!)

2) If I'm headed to the jump point, 1000 more clicks, and I can press J...

But if you Ghost, like wasting time, thanks for sharing your opinion with us... :)

Touchy indeed, when I hear that non-hostile jump point is "an *important realm of space*"... :)

Whoa! THREE systems only... compared to all that mess in P1???

Lots of navpoints and very few jumps in P2 then?..
What do you mean mess... I liked the huge number of star systems in Privateer 1. Privateer 1 is a brilliant game and IMHO the greatest WC game ever made, I own every Wing Commander title, Privateer inspired me to start doing Wing Commander Universe, only WCU will have EVERY star system in WC!

Hehe... We don't even know where many of the systems in the Wing Commander Universe connect to each other :)

TC

Originally posted by Darkmage
What do you mean mess...
Well it is a mess...
Especially since the game does not allow a view of the map of all the quadrants together, thus when you have to travel to a system of a different quadrant, you have to cycle through them at least a couple of times, to find the shortest route, and how each jump corridor connects...

Now despite this, I like Privateer very much!
A thing can be messy and cool, mind you... :)

mpanty, there's a thing in your brain case called memory. Use it. ;)

Seriously, I tend to stick to main routes, so remembering where to go is never a problem.

Doesn't Phoenix have a sig about not having film in the photographic memory section? :)

And planets names have a conection wuth the system names.
Like romulus with Castor, Achilles, Hector and Helen with Troy.
so it isn´t dificult.

Well it is a mess...
Especially since the game does not allow a view of the map of all the quadrants together, thus when you have to travel to a system of a different quadrant, you have to cycle through them at least a couple of times, to find the shortest route, and how each jump corridor connects...
Make a map. Use the Print Screen button if the game didn't come with one (mine didn't).

Hey, does the Galaxy have a built-in jump drive? I was playing around with Priv yesterday, and I decided to buy a Galaxy. I was very surprised when it told me there's no space for a jump drive, and even more surprised when it turned out that I could jump anyway :).

Originally posted by Wedge009
mpanty, there's a thing in your brain case called memory. Use it.
DUH!!

Seriously, I tend to stick to main routes, so remembering where to go is never a problem.
You must be obviously very skilled, Wedge... you must also know the route from Oxford to Palan by heart... :rolleyes:
Originally posted by AzraeL
Make a map. Use the Print Screen button if the game didn't come with one (mine didn't). [/B]
Now that's some good advice...
I don't get why the game didn't come with a map, though. I got the "Original classic" CD version... maybe the floppy version had a map...
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Your jump drive transfers with your ship.
Yup... and so does your targeting computer (and the maps, of course)... :)

[Edited by mpanty on 06-04-2001 at 15:10]

Back