FS2 WC Mod

Yes it can be done in FS but it still feels like FS :D

Theres nothing like a true Wing Commander game :)

Originally posted by Pedro
Yes it can be done in FS but it still feels like FS :D

Theres nothing like a true Wing Commander game :)

My point exactly.

:)

Now if someone could just figure out a way to make it multi-player...

wohooo I got the Caernaven frigates ingame (both Borderworlds an confed) also have a LOD'ed paktahn bomber ingame.

Made weapons for WC fighters: for now Just the missiles. The javelin HS will lock on no mater wich angle , because of the games limitation, so I made it a short range weapon wich will only have a good chance of hit if fired from behing ( a frontal hit is possible but there will be limited time to lock and fire it and the missile is not very manueverable). Pilum FF wil engage and chase any target in all full 360º glory. Spiculum IR will loose the target if gets past it. Both IR and HS will require some skill to judge the angle of firing. They fly with some awsome efects.

I wish this FS2 WC MOD gets solved quikly I want to contribute with the ships I set up these last days.

I'm glad you decided to go with us. ;)

As I said before, do you have a website, or would you like me to handle that stuff?

And I have an idea that might work for the HS missiles...... I'll have to do some tests next week.

And then you could add them to the reenactment of Custer's Carnival I'm building ;)

Hence my point: Could anyone (i.e., LOAF) give me a rundown of the battle? I want it to be as historically accurtate as possible...

Originally posted by Shrike
I'm glad you decided to go with us. ;)

As I said before, do you have a website, or would you like me to handle that stuff?

And I have an idea that might work for the HS missiles...... I'll have to do some tests next week.

Well the work I'm doing now is pretty much all I can do for this MOD. Concerning a website... Well I never had anything more than May mail adress and never made anything for the net or any java programming nor flash. I'm pretty ignorant in this respect. I was hoping you guys did that so I could up load all the stuff in to its FTP like I do for B5 MOD.

I too have at least a bit experience with FS modding.
I implemented new ships to FS1 I downloaded from several sites, modded some. I also tried to make a Wing Commander weapons .tbl and drew some laserglow pics for it, but I did not know the exact stats, so they look just like the WC weapons.

Originally posted by Lynx
If you release your ships, may I download them and convert them to Freespace 1?

well I preffer them on FS2

Originally posted by haderak
Well the work I'm doing now is pretty much all I can do for this MOD. Concerning a website... Well I never had anything more than May mail adress and never made anything for the net or any java programming nor flash. I'm pretty ignorant in this respect. I was hoping you guys did that so I could up load all the stuff in to its FTP like I do for B5 MOD.[/B]

Im working on it, the HLP is going to host us

Originally posted by Bob McDob
And then you could add them to the reenactment of Custer's Carnival I'm building ;)

Hence my point: Could anyone (i.e., LOAF) give me a rundown of the battle? I want it to be as historically accurtate as possible...

There's almost no info on the Carnival, save what's in Claw Marks and a paragraph in the Confed Handbook (p.15)

In '49 the Terrans launched the last major offensive in the war to date [Remember that the Handbook details 2653-54, before WC1.], an all-out assault on G'wriss. Terran ground troops established a beachhead, but stronger-than-expected space defenses wiped out most of the invasion's space support. An emergency relief group was launched to evacuate the ground forces and bring them back to Confed space. The carrier CS Tiger Claw[sic]spearheaded the relief operation, fighting a grueling three-day delaying action which resulted in the death of more than half her fighter pilots. This action has become known in popular reports as "Custer's Carnival."

From Claw Marks we get 3/4ths of the engines destroyed, 2 gold stars and numerous other medals (many posthumous), and the Claw spends 6 months in spacedock for repairs and refitting.

Originally posted by 15th Rampage

Im working on it, the HLP is going to host us

Excelent! :) when its donne notify me here or send a messsage to my mail: contrabandolda@clix.pt ("alterian Brandy?!! Thats contraband!" :D ) also provide me FTP server adress so I can use ACE-FTP to upload all the suff there, I'll reserve one night to send everything I have donne so far.

I'm converting LOD'ed (5 LODS!) fighters now. There are a few Capital ships to be donne such as the dreadnought and Kilrathi light destroyer, confed destroyer because those will require extensive texturing, wich I will leave for later if any of you have these textured send them over to me if you can.
(I have a few examples but too much polys will crash the game a maximum of 900 or so is required, more is only possible if the ship is composed by 2 or more subobjects)
The vesuvius and tallahassee ships have a few issues, if you open them up in Kazan's converter you will see a mess in the paths window, thats a consequence of my search to solve some issues caused by the spacial concentration of turrets. Modifying them slighly might cause the game to crash. They appear to work properly though.
I will reconvert the vesuvius at a latter date because I'm not sure how many turrets it has, currently its carrying 21.

Right, posted something on our admin forum, so there should be some sort of reply soon. Hopefully the FTP stuff from gamespy shouldn't take too long to arrive. Then I'l send it to all of you guys involved.

Additionally, I sent a message (he was offline) to our web guy, seeing if he wants to make the website.

Next up: Communications:
Things will be easier once this project is hosted, because I'll set up an internal forum and you can post to your heart's content. But until then, I suggest that everyone post their preffered email and/or messaging service here.
Anyhow, you can email me at farcaster@hotmail.com or at carbotanium@collegeclub.com
Additionally, you can reach me on ICQ, my number being 69252960.

Next - is there a specific era that this project is aiming for? For example, are Prophecy models going to be converted as well? Plus, are there non-canonical models that will be added? I know of a few WC designs that are very slick - though non-canon - and I'd like to give them a whirl at converting.

Finally, I could probably texture the confed destroyer, if you can get me the mesh. I use MAX to texture, so it's fairly easy to do.

I think that's it for now.

Originally posted by Shrike

Finally, I could probably texture the confed destroyer, if you can get me the mesh. I use MAX to texture, so it's fairly easy to do.

I think that's it for now.

My work for This MOD may well be finished this week. I'm converting the last Models I have. I must be quick as The B5 MOD Staff are eager to see my Textured Vorchan ship (they're demanding)
I'll see if I can find ya friday night, will use ICQ to search for you. I think I have an usable mesh over here, I will have to make an ingame test to verify this.
Only 1 thing left. I need to know where you are from to calculate time shift, I'm in Portugal so if you're in the americas I'll be about 5 hours later in the day than you (east coast). If you live in england, the hour time is exactly the same as mine. Other surroundigs in europe are close enought to mine I think.

Originally posted by haderak
I'll see if I can find ya friday night, will use ICQ to search for you. I think I have an usable mesh over here, I will have to make an ingame test to verify this.
Only 1 thing left. I need to know where you are from to calculate time shift, I'm in Portugal so if you're in the americas I'll be about 5 hours later in the day than you (east coast). If you live in england, the hour time is exactly the same as mine. Other surroundigs in europe are close enought to mine I think.
Unfortunately..... I'm going to be gone thursday evening to monday, as I'll be doing driving and flying.

After monday, I'll be back home, on the west coast. So GMT -8 hours.

Hey Haderak, could you try sending me all the ships you have converted so far? If you still can't get it to either of my mail accounts, I suppose you could send it to Rampage and have him forward it to me. :p Inconvenient, I know.

Anyhow, everyone interested sign up and I'll get you access to the internal forum.

And I don't need a working ingame mesh for the destroyer - I've made FS models, and I all I need is a mesh. ;) If necessary, I'll rebuild the destroyer from scratch - which I might do anyhow, just to add some detail. :)

While you t00ls were busy babbling about something or other, I was reconstructing Enyo in FS1 :p

This is the first mission in WC. Due to my...limited FRED skills it leaves something to be desired...and I didn't actually have my KS disc while building it...so it's rather inaccurate...other than that, go! :p

http://bobmcdob.homestead.com/files/Mission1.zip

Back