FS2 WC Mod

gevatter Lars

Vice Admiral
I heard that there is/was a Wing Commander mod for FS2.
Is it still there?
Where can I find it?
Does anyone work on it at the moment?

Well, there *was* one a while back, and I have the first release which included a few ships, but not many. It's *somewhere* on my hardrive. As far as I know, that project got scrapped.

I try one to continue that project and I got contact with the guy who start it, bue he never did send me any fime, he told me he erase them all, maybe you can send me those files, so I can coniue with that mod

my mail is, greywac@telesal.net

I believe the programmer stopped the MOD because he couldnt find anyone to tell him how to get the turrets to work.

there is a mod... I was making it.. it was stopped.. but someone will be picking it up soon..
at the moment it is 118mb compressed, has music and other goodies and if you or someone can host it I'll put it up ASAP

Well, I look forward to seeing a completed project. Pehaps you could talk to the people of the Babylon 5 FS2 mod about the turets. They might tell you.

I see I couldnt have loged in for the first time in better time...

I present My self... I'm from Portugal, an old Fan of wing Commander games, also of Sci-fi in general, Also I'm one of the team menbers for the B5 Freespace MOD (at texturing)

Turrets? No Sweat, as long as the model is apropriate one for FS2 engine (can give a hard time to set the main mesh up) turrets can be added quite easely.
You have got to follow some rules though:
1) The turrets must be made in such way that the subobject hyrarchy is adequate (quite easy)
2) the turrets MUST ALWAYS have the barrels pointing up, or down.
3) no turrets on the sides will work properly. just up and down of the model.(game is hardwired that way)

I cant believe no one found this out ealier, specialy when thers quite a few people that knows about B5 MOD. I learned about turrets quite fast, I only had to mention it in the b5 forum, and the team menbers taught me right away. This was also true for texturing, I ended up joining with them.
I believe I sent a durango class carrier to Darkmage's WC mod partner months ago, explaining how to do it. Although the turrets fired sideways it was 1 step away to be right.

I'm working on some WC ships right now (taking B5 pause for a while :D )
I hope the WC MOD comes back to life soon, I might help a tad, but not too much since I got commited with B5 first.
hers a list of ships I intend doing in the next few days:
-TCS Victory (with turrets, LOD's and even fighters in the bay, 50% converted)
-BW Intrepid (now with the bay and turrets working right)
-TCS Vesuvius Class (new model, quite good looking)
-Wc3 and Wc4 BW and confed frigates and destroyers (need to check meshes)
-Kilrathi Wc3 capital ships (need to check meshes)
-TCS Concordia (will give me a hard time, mesh barely suitable)
-Rapier
-Eppee
-Ferret
- new models for WC3 and WC4

Most likely Will have the first 3 capital ships, and the fighters will be donne by next week.
Does anyone know where to Get textured Wc2 meshes? I'm really looking forward for those. I cant find them anywhere...

15th rampage! I have an SBlive! I've been trying to do a kilrathi voice for a while... could you send me the presets?

is real ez, i don not use any preset, just play aroun dwith the voice modificator, pitch to be extrat and use you throagh, , put the opcion to record the same youn u are creating... I will find an ez way to tell you how, just give me time

Alright people. I got the Vesuvius, the Victory, the Intrepid, a Border worlds frigate ingame, need to configure its subsytems and turrets (hope the barrels rotation axis doesnt shift out of the base). I'm making My own Tallahassee model wich will be an absolute killer :D (will have a hangar bay) . I'm planing add Wc2 concordia a Wc3 confed destroyer and some Kilrathi Cap ships ( I got 4 or 5 usable meshes).

Well I can get the turrets donne, as long as I have a textured mesh... speaking of wich I have the tallahassee mesh ready only lack gun ports firing positions defined for Fs2 All turrets apear to work right. I'll have a few capital ships ready to go in a couple of days. After that I'll get back to the B5 MOD again, but I can keep sending WC ready Cap ships. I Only need to know where to and if theres a genuine intention of continuing the mod.

well, I really want the FS2 WC mod to be done, I have 2 Stories of it, one baces on the Black Lance and the other playing as a Kilrathi in a Kilrathi Fleet, problem is that I dont have and model compatible with FS2, the only ppl i kwon that got models are Darkmage and you, problem is that i Cant get those model, I wish I coud be a mooler but i cant make any model, I try but it seems really imposible, I try to make a team ones but noone care, anyway I want to make that mod, and I dont care if I'm the only one that will play it :p

Back