FS2 WC Mod

Ok ppl we got a new guy on the team his name is the Sloth! he told me he is itereste to work on the mod

were are know 3 confirmed ppl on the them

The Sloth (thelordofsloth@hotmail.com)
the__phoenix
and me
15th Rampage (greywac@telesal.net

Darkmage, Im still whaitng for you answers, and LOAF, We will need you help in history and stull like that, I don't want to contradict the WC story

I know It will be hard to find ppl here on the WC comunity since is a FS2 Mod but we will need you help

The SLOTH! has been trying to get a team together for a while, and has his own ideas for a campaign...

Hopefully this doesn't present any problem if he wants to be the project leader.

actually I don't care who the project leader is, but I want this campaing to be done

Originally posted by Shrike
Ahhh, shit! I missed the I in hotmail. Urgh... try farcaster@hotmail.com

Damn I feel like an idiot now. :p

I have alredy figured that out before and tryied, no sucsess, tryied even again, to no avail. You may need a new mail man. nothing gets through. :(

Originally posted by Darkmage
I've been modelling for a while now and I may be able to provide some meshes, BTW I never thought my mod would get a following this big, originally there was very small interest in it.I'll probabl be able to help with wc2 craft, I have almost all of them, send me a list and I'll try to help.

Heres the wc2 ships I have so far:
-Rapier (complete)
-ferret (complete)
-Broadsword (complete)
-Ralatha (needs textures)
-Fralthra (needs textures)
-Gilgamesh (textured by me but needs turrets)
-Jakehi (needs some corrections and textures)
-Drakri (same as above)
- Grikath (same as above)
-sabre (needs textures)

So taking the rapier, the ferret and the gilgamesh, all others would be welcome. :) if You can send, then send them to: contrabandolda@clix.pt

my work status:
Vesuvius, Tallahasse, Victory, intrepid are ingame.
next: converting the WC3 kilrathi Carrier, cruiser, heavy destroyer, covette: meshes completed needs only convertion.
only the tallahasse was made 100% by me (all others are modified from meshes I found over the net.)
I added turrets and hangar bay to them all, and textured those areas.

Originally posted by haderak

Heres the wc2 ships I have so far:
-Rapier (complete)
-ferret (complete)
-Broadsword (complete)
-Ralatha (needs textures)
-Fralthra (needs textures)
-Gilgamesh (textured by me but needs turrets)
-Jakehi (needs some corrections and textures)
-Drakri (same as above)
- Grikath (same as above)
-sabre (needs textures)

So taking the rapier, the ferret and the gilgamesh, all others would be welcome. :)

my work status:
Vesuvius, Tallahasse, Victory, intrepid are ingame.
next: converting the WC3 kilrathi Carrier, cruiser, heavy destroyer, covette: meshes completed needs only convertion.

Can you send them to me too, Greywac@telesal.net

haderak , maybe you can join us

OK I sent some ships over to Rampage, and tryied to shrike but once again failed (with the new mail). I find this very strange.
So far I didnt recieved a failiure notice from rampage mail sending, so it means, it must have gotten through.(warn me and give comments as soon as you get them).

Ahh I havent included the tables for them I'm using componets from B5 mod and its a mess in there. Write them yourself they showld work immidiatly. Just look at turrets and subsytems designation. and VOIlá

About joining the team... I would but I cant garauntee I'll be very pontual in doing things as I'm commited with B5 MOD too. You can send me textured meshes, I'll send them back with turrets thats all. :)

As much as I loved FS2 I really don't think its flight mechanics were responsive enough to really take on the wing commander feel

Timeline

LOAF, We will need you help in history and stull like that, I don't want to contradict the WC story

I can help you with that. I have a rather extensive Timeline I’ve been working on and off over the last five years. I’ve recently tried to get with LOAF to see if we could pull our resources and get one posted but he hasn’t responded yet.

Originally posted by Pedro
As much as I loved FS2 I really don't think its flight mechanics were responsive enough to really take on the wing commander feel

This where you are wrong... You can set all flight parameters in the tables to make fuel finite and make the models fly like Wc2 or Wc3/wc4. Or even Tie fighter. FS2 mechanics are better than those in Wc games, less feel of fighter in rails symdrome, plus you can set it to if you wish. All we lack are the movies in there. :)
if you'r referring to easiness of flying too, it depends much on your controler stick. or method of controll.

By the way rampage i forgot to send ya some textures. please confirm.

Originally posted by haderak
OK I sent some ships over to Rampage, and tryied to shrike but once again failed (with the new mail). I find this very strange.
So far I didnt recieved a failiure notice from rampage mail sending, so it means, it must have gotten through.(warn me and give comments as soon as you get them).

Ahh I havent included the tables for them I'm using componets from B5 mod and its a mess in there. Write them yourself they showld work immidiatly. Just look at turrets and subsytems designation. and VOIlá.
For some stupid reason, my mail address there added a <br> in. Did you try by just typing the address in manually? I dunno what the problem is, both are active, working addresses.

As for the tables, I can do that stuff for you guys. I've probably got the most experience hacking the ships and weapons tables, I know my way around and could probably give you results much faster. ;)

Oh, and do you want me to handle the website end of things? It would probably speed things up a bit, getting hosted at HLP. ;) Also, I suggest you register at the forums, it's the best place if you have any questions about any aspect of FS modding.

"FS2 mechanics are better than those in Wc games, less feel of fighter in rails symdrome, plus you can set it to if you wish"

THATS VERY MUCH down to opinion, I never felt at all on the rails in Wing Commander, I did feel like I was in a deep down in the sea where there is a great amount of pressure acting against the ships movement in Freespace though

Also I couldn't stand the "entire mission takes place at one place thing" unless they somehow incoporated autopilot I'd be less that hyper over it, just my 2 cents but its the plot in FS2 that attracted me, not the engine.

Originally posted by Pedro
Also I couldn't stand the "entire mission takes place at one place thing" unless they somehow incoporated autopilot I'd be less that hyper over it, just my 2 cents but its the plot in FS2 that attracted me, not the engine.
No easy way to stick in an autopilot........ FS is supposed to have everything happen at one place.

uh guys, cpteisen has my files... i put them up for him, I want to talk to phoenix about a WC:U matter. I really don't want to be project head, I'm vey busy now.. Captneisen was also doing a FS2 mod... talk to him he'll join you for sure.

I've never understood why people say FS ships aren't responsive... they're perfectly fine for me. But then I have a joystick as old as WCII ^_^

Yes I'm back (boo! hiss! :p)

More: I think it would be possible to split some of the longer missions into two parts, using the RED ALERT system. It's clumsier than autopilot, but it might work in some cases. And if that fails, screw with the waypoints :p

I don't have FS2, but I've just finished the original (late that way ) and I'm ready to start designing a WC themed mission. Any suggestions? (Obviously I won't be able to use any WC ships, though I could approximate )

I know they're supposed to take place at one point, how on earth does that fact make them any more enjoyable?!

As for the flight mechanics its not hard but its not responsive, I could hit just about anything in the WC games first time

Ok I have the tallahasse the victory the intrepid, vesuvius the kilrathi carrier and destroyer in one test mission. I have been playing those with darkmages WC fighter release with modified tables (with finite afterburner like in wc games and missiles too as they chased down fighter and all)
And I'm having a blast with them. Fleet battles are quite frenetic.
With fighters flying fast everywhere (not always in afterburner of course)
It clearly resembles WC games a lot more than before (FS2 ships are quite slow and often we overshoot them).
I can make a frenetic nose to tail chase and fire off a heat seeker (in reality its a 150m short range weapon at aspect lock on with 10 seconds of flying life) and theres no efect of trajectory anticipation by the missiles own path like typicaly we see in FS2, missile mass changes trajectory style, from lead to lag porsuit passin by pure porsuit. :)

I found some issues whoever. The game crashes if I enable more than 11 out of the 12 turrets on the tallashasse and a similar thing hapened to the vesuvius (wich I partialy solved)

Back