Your WC dream ship?

I have, at my best friend's house. He has every WC game ever made. He's even got a 3-D CG pic (It's his computer's desktop wallpaper) that he made himself of a Dragon blowing an arrow apart with it's fission cannons.

WhiteDevil01 said:

Hm... Did you get to fly the Excalibur Mk II in WC:SO? I didn't... and I wouldn't really want to after I saw how they got their arses kicked by the niphilim ships.

Next to Prophecy, it's my fave out of the series. I got interested in WC back in 1993, when I bought the WC novel "Freedom Flight." Soon after, I purchased WC2 for the PC, and then WC3+4 for my PS1. I recently got Prophecy at a Gamestop video game store that's up near where I live.

Dream fighters (By game):

WC2: Broadsword, Rapier, Raptor, Morningstar
WC3: Excalibur, Longbow, T-bolt
WC4: Dragon, Bearcat, Avenger, Longbow, Vindicator
WCP: Vampire, Panther.

The Fly said:
Hm... Did you get to fly the Excalibur Mk II in WC:SO? I didn't... and I wouldn't really want to after I saw how they got their arses kicked by the niphilim ships.

Compared to the WC3 Excalibur, the SO Excalibur has better shields but less missiles. Compared to the Panther, the Excalibur has half as much armor but slightly more speed and shields (the benefit of having four Tachyon guns instead of the Panther's two is largely negated by the funky way that WCP/SO handles multiple instances of the same gun), so I would consider them to be about equal in strength. In sum, the Excalibur is still great for frontline duty, but it is not longer the top dog in SO.

Ijuin said:
(...)Compared to the Panther, the Excalibur has half as much armor but slightly more speed and shields (the benefit of having four Tachyon guns instead of the Panther's two is largely negated by the funky way that WCP/SO handles multiple instances of the same gun), so I would consider them to be about equal in strength. In sum, the Excalibur is still great for frontline duty, but it is not longer the top dog in SO.

Compared to the regular Panther, though I still prefer the latter one. Compared to the Black Panther, the Excalibur doesn't even have the speed and shield advantage IIRC.
Oddly, I liked flying the Excalibur in SOPS more (using the shipswitcher) than in WC3.

Back