Your fav ship in WC Armada?

DragonRider

Spaceman
For those of you who played it.....which ship did you feel comfortable flying in?

Mine was the Gladius, great shield, armor, speed, 3 types of guns delivering good damage at good long range. The only thing that was lacking was only one HS missle and rest were dumbfires and a torpedo.

IMO this ship was the best at strafing gun passes.

Damn Armada , I bought this game twice and tried to play it on three different computers but I still couldnt get the bloody thing to work. I hated all that EMS/XMS memmaker bullshit , thank god its alot easier these days. Wish I kept the game though.......

I loved the Phantom. It was decently fast and had good weapons. If you could get around behind a cat in one of those you were pretty well off. Unfortunately teh Banshee was a little slow and not as manueverable.

Yick, the Phantom was the only WC fighter I ever truly dispesed... I mean, what the heck was with the cockpit?

The best Confed fighter in Armada was, IMO, the Wraith... the leech missile made battles very, very easy. <G> (Second the Banshee because it could batter through just about anything).

Phantom was good only as a toss away. I loved the Banshee. I could fly that sucker and take damage like no other WC fighter and still make it home!

How I miss that game! :(

Loaf, You want to talk crappy cockpits (as kick ass as the game was!) look at Privater! :(

I love the game, but you could hardly see out of any cockpit. Centurion was allright, tarsus was second but the galaxy and the orion . . .:(

(still liked, IMO, the phantom best)

Gorsh, I loved the Orion -- had character... my problem with the Phantom wasn't just lack of visbility -- it was *where* that visibility was. Felt like playing Strike Commander with my face pointed down into the cockpit:)

Despite I think the Centurion was the best ship in the game, its "only one VDU" cockpit quite annoyed me... :(

What I wouldn't give for drop away cockpits in privater!:)
Yeah, one VDU did suck. But I liked being able to patch the rear view into the second VDU on the other ships. That was pretty spiffy

[Edited by Arcadian15 on 07-26-2001 at 11:44]

What does God need with a starship? ::kills self for quoting Star Trek 5::

Ha Ha ------------)

Well.... I translated roughly from Spanish :p

[Edited by Ghost on 07-27-2001 at 00:25]

I prefer heavier ships, so I choose the Gladius or the Banshee. Banshee lacked speed, Gladius lacked decent missiles. But the Banshee was great for bombing runs, since it had the shields and armour to handle the flak, and the its slow max speed was just right to lock the torp and fire in one pass. :)

I actually prefer the single VDU in the Centurion as well, the dual VDUs made switching a real hassle for me.

I can't recall what was so bad about the Phantom's cockpit.

Back