Your fav ship in WC Armada?

I fly the Gladius mainly to go head to head w/ other fighters when playing against the hardest AI level whenever its armada or campaign mode, but certainly not all the time since I dont want to fight through 30 ships, and 2 vs 2 fighter duels are way too slow.

I think the best fighter is the Gladius: very fast, good front protection and good guns. Banshee is very good too.
The most likeable fighters were for me the Shok'lar and Jrathek.

And I was almost helpless when flying the Phantom or Kor-larh, I died almost always in those gauntlet levels where I had to fly those ships...

He probably harassed all the *middle earth*, Sauron, Aragorn, Gandalf.....oh please good lord give me a Silmaril !!!

[Edited by Ghost on 07-28-2001 at 16:14]

Sadly, I have not harassed anyonr from Middle Earth yet. Have sent several questions (Re: Bob Peck died last year. What memories do you have of him?) to McKellan.com but "Gandalf" never answers them.

Originally posted by Ghost
It´s a shame that the Gladius a fine ship in Armada is total looser in Priv.

I thought that the Light Fighter version of the Gladius was an excellent ship; it had some serious armour protection, and if it got on a fighter's tail, it had the HS's and ProTorps to tear him apart. The only abysmal rating in Priv was its speed, 400 KPS IIRC.

But the Priv Gladius have weaken shields and armor compared to the Armada Gladius (At least in game)

The most comfortable in? Hmm... The gladius is one of my favorites... but I'd take the Vampire for the banking capabilities. whenever I flew one I'd turn off my y-axis and just bank and pull! :) You could get behind anyone with that baby... and being able to afterburner slide for eternity was sweet too. Being able to pick off missiles as you run from them? Sweet. :)

WC Armada didnt have any part in the WC universe I think but the Gladius is still IMO one of the few of the best ships I flew in all the WC games that I played.

I really cant handle the Banshee or a Goran, I feel like a sitting duck in those things. And the Korlarh?....gun range is crap making its fighting capability almost crippled against even a Arrow, IMO though

Originally posted by Ghost
It´s a shame that the Gladius a fine ship in Armada is total looser in Priv.

Yes, a Gladius is even easier to destroy than a Talon, she's such a big target. And her guns so weak. She is probably so weak 'cause it's only the cheap militia-version.

And the crappy gun range of the Kor-larh was also my main problem against most opponents.

Don't forget that the Privateer Gladius was flown by the militia, not military trained Confed pilots. Not that AI makes any difference. :)

And saying that Armada isn't a part of the WCU is an even bigger mistake than saying WCM and P2 aren't part of the WCU. :(

Originally posted by DragonRider
WC Armada didnt have any part in the WC universe I think.

I agree; look at the differences in ship specs between Armada and *ALL* of the other games; most ships in Armada had maximum velocities over 500 kps, with the Arrow clocking in at nearly 800 kps without afterburners!!! Also, the masses of the ships are way light, with nearly all of the ships coming in under 10 tonnes!!! I think we need to ask LOAF on this one...

WC Armada had some ships we're familiar with, and weapons/technology especially, and the familiar combat engine thats been improved upon during that time of the release, but it didnt have a plot line. It was the first WC game w/ strategy involved in it, but really thats about it.
The game still has alot to offer to the WCU game-wise, but not much in the story department.

But if you want to include the missions of Lexington vs. the Shirrak from the Gauntlet...well you guys decide :)

[Edited by DragonRider on 07-29-2001 at 20:02]

I take that back (partially); Armada set up the storyline for WC3 a little. Angel was on an ultra-top-secret mission to penetrate straight to Kilrah, which was your objective in Armada. Also, the attacks on Earth mentioned in the Victory Streak manual could be attributed to the Kilrathi carrier in Armada making its way to Earth, along with several other capships. Still, the disparity in ship stats makes the validity of the game questionable in my opinion.

You're forgetting that those where special ops ships. They were designed to be special, since the carrier was forced to be self-sufficient.

Okay, so why didn't they use the advanced engine tech in standard craft? Don't ask me...

Back