X-Men 2 (warning: spoilers)

TopGun

Vampire Ace
X-Men 2

I saw X-Men 2 on Friday and then again on Saturday, great movie.

What did you guys think?

I liked the first part very much. I've read in the movie reviews that the plot of X-Men 2 is "less confusing than that one in X-Men 1." Does that just mean more action and less story?

SPOILERS!!!!!!!! (probably)
I enjoyed it. For fans of the comic books (and old cartoon series that I used to watch religiously - still would if it came on :) ) there were alot of inside jokes and scenes. I liked what they did with Jeans character, going ahead and taking her to her next level (the Pheonix), I just hope they don't use her in the next movie (though they probably will so as not to lose the general publics fickle and limited train of thought). I also like the sortof resolution of the Jean/Cyclops/Wolverine thing. I seriously enjoyed watching wolverine finally get to use his claws. It was always kindof odd to me that he had 3 foot claws coming out of his hands and he didn't hardly ever hit anything made of flesh and bone with them (cartoon got around this by using the Sentinals). He definitely makes up for it by seriously tearing up some Stryker soldiers in this one. Also, for fans fo the Highlander series, Methos is back :). Overall a great sequel, new additions to the X-men are always a plus (Rogues character just needs to get some more abilities, she seems kindof left out :)) and the setup for the battle royale, mutant on Mutant war is slowly taking place.

C-ya

Originally posted by Preacher
Yo; I'm not a fan of the HL series:
Who dat?...
He was the oldest immortal (5000 years if I remember correctly) in the world, a friend of Duncan an Joe. He plays Stryker's right hand man in X-Men United.

C-ya

The usual warning about spoilers.

I liked it. I felt the first one was just a tad better, but this was great too. Nightcrawler was really, really well done, a great character. All the cameos are neat (but where was Gambit's cameo? I missed it :(), though they're getting a bit tiresome - I wanna see at least Jubilee, Beast and Gambit in action, damn it :p.

As usual with these sort of adaptations, there are a few things which only comic book/cartoon series fans will get, like Jean's (probable) Phoenix transformation, and the cameos mentioned above.

On the other hand, my main problem with the movie also stems from the fact that I am familiar with the cartoon series. That problem is Lady Deathstryke. How could they waste her character like this? :( Given her past involvement with Wolverine, having her speak a total of three or four lines in the entire film and then get killed was really, really cheap. I don't care if there's an explanation about their lack of non-combat interaction (Wolverine, of course, didn't remember, and she's constantly under mind control), they simply shouldn't have done it this way.

You see Remy´s name in the PC above Eric Lensher´s one

And you see Jubilee in one of stryker´s cells.

Originally posted by Ghost
You see Remy´s name in the PC above Eric Lensher´s one

And you see Jubilee in one of stryker´s cells.

You also see Jubilee in Prof Xaviers office at the very end. But Remy has an actor associated with him at the IMDB, did the computer display a picture? Was that all? Does that merit a credit?

C-ya

Theres a long, long list of cameos from X-men that carried over to the sequel. Shadowcat, Jubliee, Pyro and possibly Quicksilver (playing basketball during the Mansion montage) were all in the orginal and appeared in X2, though the actor who played Bobby "Iceman" Drake was the only one to return to play his previous character.

--- Jubilee was in Xman 1?....Where?...
--- Do I understand this correctly: Gambit & Beast were in Xmen 1?... Or, was the post referring to a cameo in XMen 2 (which I haven't seen yet)?... If they were in cameos in 1, plz tell me where...
--- I don't think Quicksilver was in XMen 1; the B-ball scene had the kid teleporting, not "flash sprinting" (for lack of a better term).

Jubilee is seen exiting the room Professor X is teaching in when Wolverine is running around the Mansion. Look for an asian extra wearing the obligatory yellow jacket.

You also see her in the classroom were bobby freezes pyros flame in the first one (or is that in the deleted scenes?).

C-ya

Originally posted by Preacher
--- Do I understand this correctly: Gambit & Beast were in Xmen 1?... Or, was the post referring to a cameo in XMen 2 (which I haven't seen yet)?... If they were in cameos in 1, plz tell me where...
No, I was referring to their cameos in X-Men 2.

Originally posted by Viper61
You also see her in the classroom were bobby freezes pyros flame in the first one (or is that in the deleted scenes?).

C-ya

In the extended Classroom scene (on the VHS after the flim) Storm asks Jubilee a question by name.

Not only has McKellan got an OSCAR, but he's been Knighted

McKellan never won an Oscar. The only two in the cast with such distinction is Halle Berry for Monster's Ball and Anna Paquin for The Piano.

Back