Worst movie, ever.

Wow Preacher, now we see why you got your name. You run off at tandem about a subject which no one really cares to hear!

Originally posted by LeHah
Wow Preacher, now we see why you got your name. You run off at tandem about a subject which no one really cares to hear!

First off, I assume you mean "at random". If so, then the only "randomness" is that I chose to answer your tagline *now*, when in fact you've had that one for some time...

Secondly, thank you. As I recall, "no one" wanted to hear the gospel message, either (Relatively speaking. That is, "hear" it in the sense of *believing* it - the percentage numbers have always been pretty small...), as is true to this very day. I'll gladly be lumped in the company of my Master for that any day!...

------------------------------------------

Worst TV series? Lemme start things off by nominating "Dukes of Hazzard", for starters...

Originally posted by Preacher
Secondly, thank you. As I recall, "no one" wanted to hear the gospel message, either (Relatively speaking. That is, "hear" it in the sense of *believing* it - the percentage numbers have always been pretty small...), as is true to this very day. I'll gladly be lumped in the company of my Master for that any day!...

Wow. You really are insane, aren't you?

Originally posted by WildWeasel
Wow. You really are insane, aren't you?

...as I recall, that's what they said about "John, and all the prophets who came before". Likewise said the Pharisees about Jesus as well, so, um....Yesh, I am.

Preacher, I honestly admire your good intentions - sometimes I wish I had the audacity to speak out like that. But for people to listen to you, you need to gain their respect. And I don't think what you've been doing lately does that. No one's going to listen if the they think the person who's speaking is insane. Too, this public forum focused WC is hardly the place for such discussion. So take this as a kind invitation to ease off, there's a time and place for everything in the grand scheme.

My grand scheme involves cheese, ponies, and leprechans. Eventually they join together to destroy Chickens to stop the spread of evil solmenella. They are all led by an ancient Rolly Polly Fish Head God in the sky.

Don't mock my believes :(

Originally posted by Wedge009
Preacher, I honestly admire your good intentions - sometimes I wish I had the audacity to speak out like that. But for people to listen to you, you need to gain their respect. And I don't think what you've been doing lately does that. No one's going to listen if the they think the person who's speaking is insane. Too, this public forum focused WC is hardly the place for such discussion. So take this as a kind invitation to ease off, there's a time and place for everything in the grand scheme.

Thx for the kudos, and 4 the advice (BTW, I admire your biblical knowledge as well)

I hate 2 burst yer bubble, but "respect" is a moving target, esp. in a virtual world like the CZ. The only ones I see consistently "respected" here (and sometimes not even then) are the Mods. And this is only because they have the power/authority to close threads and banish folks. This is no slam on them; but rather on the rest, esp. all the reactionary "flamers" out there (and we all know who they are). Thus, the best approach is just to do what you/I can to speak the truth, and stand for what we know is right, and let the flames singe who they will. No one (as pointed out above) is immune to the flames. I *accept* 'em, das' all... (some folks find that hard/impossible to do)

My "insanity" is obviously just me playing along with the poster who suggested that, and anyone who can't see that is denser than some of the patients I've treated (some real *doozies* there...). But then again, those who refuse to go along with the crowd are often labeled "crazy" (thus my biblical references).

People aren't mad at you because you're ranting about Jebus. They're mad at you because you're threadjacking. You decided to reply to LeHah's signature and rant instead of talking about whatever the actual topic is (worst something-or-other ever?). If you want to tell everyone the merits of whatever, then you're welcome to start your own thread. "I decided we should talk aboug God!" in the middle of a thread about movies isn't something you can defend as an case of the horrible ignorant masses being out to get you and/or your religion.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
..."I decided we should talk aboug God!" in the middle of a thread about movies isn't something you can defend as an case of the horrible ignorant masses being out to get you and/or your religion.

1) I posted a single reply to something I noticed during said thread: a direct answer to a question. If folks want to ignore what I said - and we've all had that happen to stuff we've posted - , they're free to. The fact that someone ELSE picked up on what I said and got into it with me...was their choice.

2) Fas as I knew, this was the "Off Topic" forum. Whatever degree "topic drift" exists in the other forums, how much more should it be expected to happen in *this* forum. Moreover, if you look back, you'll note that I DID try at a couple points to redirect the thread back to its original topic...

3) You misunderstand: I'm not thinking *anyone's* out to get me (or my "religion"). But my faith teaches me that I am to bring it "to the table" whenever, however, and wherever possible. Bottom line is, if I see an opening to share from what I know (whether in real life or on the CZ), I take it. If you look back you'll note that most such times I've done so were when someone ELSE brought it (or a related subject) up. Thus, little need to "start my own thread" on the topic.

Go back a page.

Mav posts about movies.
Wedge posts about movies.
Templar is about movies.
T8H3X11 posts about movies.
I post about movies.
Death posts about movies.
LeHah posts about movies.
TopGun posts about movies.
LeHah replies to Death's post about movies.
You start ranting about evil because you saw LeHah's effing *SIGNATURE*.

*ONE* of these things is not like the others.

3) You misunderstand: I'm not thinking *anyone's* out to get me (or my "religion"). But my faith teaches me that I am to bring it "to the table" whenever, however, and wherever possible. Bottom line is, if I see an opening to share from what I know (whether in real life or on the CZ), I take it. If you look back you'll note that most such times I've done so were when someone ELSE brought it (or a related subject) up. Thus, little need to "start my own thread" on the topic

Listen to me: if you threadjack with this religious crap *ever* again I'll ban you so fast your {insert potential spinning part here} will spin. I am *telling* you. It's not up for discussion. You're welcome to start your own thread on whatever, but if you intentionally and blatantly turn another thread into the stupidest kind of flame war you are *gone*.

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
I refuse to watch Battlefield Earth because it is just that bad.

You mean you refuse to watch it because it's so good! Where else can you find brilliant dialouge like "Crap-lousy Ceiling!" or "Leeeeeever! Up! Down!"

you threadjack with this religious crap *ever* again I'll ban you so fast your {insert potential spinning part here} will spin.

::Checks self::

I lack spinning parts. :(

(What the... This wasn't suppose to double post! :( )

Originally posted by LeHah

I lack spinning parts. :(

If you had spinning parts, it wouldn't be as effective a statement.

oh, and also...

People aren't mad at you because you're ranting about Jebus.

I don't even believe in Jebus.

Back