Worst movie, ever.

Originally posted by Viper61
And for my worst movie - I've go tto go with a recent one. I was really depressed with Disney's effort with Atlantis. They've been on a downhill slide with their animation since the Lion King.

Haven't seen Atlantis, so I can't comment on that, but Lilo and Stitch was a hoot.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Yes, well, you know how much we care about your opinions on movies, LeHah. ;)

And we know how your humor constantly fails, Wedge.

Originally posted by junior
Haven't seen Atlantis, so I can't comment on that, but Lilo and Stitch was a hoot.

Ah, I forgot Lilo & Stitch, it was pretty good (though I just wanted to smack the little girl). Disney's off the hook for a little while then . . .:)

C-ya

Haven't seen much of Disney's more recent works (I actually miss the days of Aladdin, Lion King, etc), but I liked the ads for Lilo and Stitch using previous Disney animated films.

Originally posted by LeHah
And we know how your humor constantly fails, Wedge.
Ah, but it was not an attempt at humour.

MST3k was one of teh best shows ever.

Are you saying that the movie sucked. "This Island Earth" was the best movie to be made fun of (except for EEGAH and Merlins Shop) and it made for me one of the best movies.

I can't believe y'all missed the WORST movie ever...

Manos: Hands of Fate

Not even MST3K made this gawdawful piece of sh*t bearable. No small feat, that. (Maybe Manos contributed to the reason Joel quit... he [BlackLancePilot]couldn't go on[/BlackLancePilot] after having his soul sucked out by this maggot-infested dung pile of a movie.)

Manos is too obvious a mention.

That movie where Santa Claus fights Satan with the help of Merlin was way worse anyway.

Originally posted by LeHah
Tell me of the loneliness of good. Is it equal... to the loneliness of evil?

No. Humanly speaking, the loneliness of good is far more deep and profound than that of evil: He who seeks and does good oft stands alone. Those who do evil have plenty of company.

...Then again, in the big picture, those who do good have the company of God, so what other is needed?...

::anticipates being turfed to the "off topic" forum ::

Fortunately, I usually manage to avoid the really bad movies. I think the only real exception was that awful piece of work known as 'Sgt. Bilko'.
Ugh...

Originally posted by Preacher
...Then again, in the big picture, those who do good have the company of God, so what other is needed?...

I'll coin a phrase to answer this:

"Good And Evil are unquanifiable abstracts. What should they matter to me?"

The same is due to God. There is no irrefutable evidence of a God or Gods existing, having existed or never having existed.

The fact that the picture seems to've been infested with French folks pretty much explains its badness right there...

"Good And Evil are unquanifiable abstracts. What should they matter to me?"
The same is due to God. There is no irrefutable evidence of a God or Gods existing, having existed or never having existed. -Lehah

1) Agreed: that God is unquantifiable, and to most human minds, too abstract.
2) Likewise agreed that good & evil are unquantifiable (that is, not fully quantifiable), and often maddeningly abstract.

But most folks would disagree that they "shouldn't" matter to us, either as a society or as individuals. All government (even the most corrupt ones) is based on the idea that there are certain things that are "good" for the society, and there are other things that are bad or "evil" for the society. This has a way of making it into the laws & codes of that government. This goes down even to the level of every sentient human who's ever walked the planet. If you have anyone in this world you love (even if that person is yourself), you no doubt seek to do good for that person when you can, and seek to avoid having "evil" happen to that person. Even the most depraved, amoral, sociopath criminals live this out in their own lives.

How? By seeking, when they've done their latest crime, to avoid capture/punishment; Whatever little conscience they may have knows they've done "evil", and seeks the greatest "good" for themselves (i.e., to avoid the pain of having to pay the price for their deeds).

Back