Wingmen Quotes

" You folks familiar with the word formation? "

" The bridge is broken.....get it? "

I'm not certain about that second one. Been awhile since I played Prophecy. I forgot which wigman said it.

*shrugs*

I may not have gotten the quote exactly right, but I could have sworn one of the wingmen say that when they take down the bridge on a bug capship.

Originally posted by Quarto
Does that surprise you?
Well, I meant a Kilrathi being polite to a Human. "Let’s say I’m not used to compliments from a Kilrathi. Sir." ;)

Originally posted by Karthik@KANE
"We got em by the balls!"-Stilleto

"Hi, I think we haven't been introduced nicely. I'm Maestro. Your dead!"-Maestro

I'm not sure about the 2nd and 4th though!
SPEECH.TRE
IFCOMMS\00450103.XA: "We've got 'em by the balls!" - Stiletto.
IFCOMMS\00220128.XA: "We haven't been properly introduced: I'm Maestro. You're dead." - Maestro. ;)

Originally posted by Ijuin
Or how about when you go up against the Leviathan carrier:

Stiletto: Will you look at the size of THAT!

Maniac: I hear that all the time!

Maestro: Sure, Maniac. And then you wake up.
It was actually the Kraken ship-killer.
SPEECH3.TRE
IFCOMMS\05060014.XA: "Whoa! That thing's bigger than I thought!" - Maestro.
IFCOMMS\05060015.XA: "<snore> I hear that all the time!" - Maniac.
IFCOMMS\05060016.XA: "Sure you do, Maniac. Then you wake up." - Maestro. :)

Originally posted by TopGun
"Pick on somebody your own......Never mind"
I never really understood this one, nor the one where Mustang/Rogue/Wiley says "Why do the never clean these seats?"

Originally posted by Steelflight
"The bridge is broken.....get it? "

I'm not certain about that second one. Been awhile since I played Prophecy. I forgot which wigman said it.
It's roughly correct. Caveman/Giant/Ogre all say it.

Originally posted by Steelflight
*shrugs*

I may not have gotten the quote exactly right, but I could have sworn one of the wingmen say that when they take down the bridge on a bug capship.

They do, I know. I just really don't get it.

C-ya

Originally posted by Viper61
They do, I know. I just really don't get it.
He's using the term bridge to mean a crossing over an expanse. Like the song "London Bridge is Falling Down". He's making a pun as he 'breaks' the bridge (control centre) of the capship.

Bridge is also a card game, so another quote is "I always did hate bridge" or something like that.

Originally posted by TopGun
"Ok Peeb Patrol Form Up"
It's plebe patrol. ;)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Character specific. That particular line is from Stingray. Maniac says, "I'll kill you, you traitor bastard!"

They were only from the add ons, weren't they? Not the original WC2?

Ha ha again. :(

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
They were only from the add ons, weren't they? Not the original WC2?
Yes, Maniac only appears in SO2 in the WC2 generation of games.

Yeah, I know Maniac is only in the second add on, commanding the Wild Eagles testing the Morningstar prototypes. I meant the individual traitor accusations your wingmen make if you shoot them. They're only in the add on as well, arn't they?

Nope, the individual taunts are in both addons and WC2 itself. All of your wingmen that actually matter (as opposed to the generic wingmen that have a tendency to die. I guess they're the red shirts of the WC universe :D) have 3 individual taunts. The first is if you shoot them during combat. The second is basically the first, but with a different tone, and happens when you shoot him/her in regular flight. Then there is the taunt that comes when they become convinced that Blair is the traitor. The cap ships/stations also have similar lines. I always loved Paladin's "I canna believe it. Yer a traita."

(it's tough to type "I cannot belive it. You're a traitor!" an accent)

I personally like the Zero and Hawk's quotes

Hawk-"Im gonna rip your head off and crap down your neck"

Zero-(insulting the fact the Nephs think they always come back)"Quit sqwirming, remember there's no true end"

Kona, Majestic and Sultan all say that.

Originally posted by SabreAce
All of your wingmen that actually matter have 3 individual taunts. The first is if you shoot them during combat. The second is basically the first, but with a different tone, and happens when you shoot him/her in regular flight.
You can 'accidentally' fire on your wingman any number of times in combat without being called a traitor. You only have one 'free' shot outside of combat before friends turn against you. The speech said in the 'free' shot is often quite different from the speech said during combat. I can only remember Doomsday having the same speech in both situations, even though with a different tone.

Actually, I think the 'free' shot speech is also played if you 'accidentally' ram them. :)

What about the first Wing Commander? I'm guessing not, since traitors (well the Mandarins, if you choose not to discount any movie traitor subplot) were only discovered at the end of Secret Missions, but it would be cool to go through my SNES games again to see what happens.

Back