Wing Commander:.....??? which will be the new name:)

We can prove that the TCS Eisen can't be anything *but* a Vesuvius...

Fact: It carries more than one wing of fighters, including ships assigned to 'heavy carriers'.
This limits it to being a Vesuvius or a Midway.

Fact: It was in service during Wing Commander Prophecy.
Thus, it cannot be a Midway, because the next Midway had not yet entered service.

Yes loaf but a while ago in I think the "Whatever happend to the wc4 improvments" there was a discusion about how we don't know that she isn't another Concordia which is a heavy carrier that is still in service, or she could be another type of heavy carrier that was made as a prototype before confed settled on the Midway class.

You see, this is the sort of trouble you get into when I'm not around :). The Concordia class ships are *fleet carriers* not *heavy carriers*, and they carry only one wing of fighters -- thus making it impossible for the Eisen to be one.

It can take a decade to go from the drawing board to an actual ship -- you won't find a one-off heavy carrier.

Well LOAF just look at the posts and see plus the fact that there could be another Lexingtion from armada type ship around as well

Wait one more thing, how do we know she carrys more than 1 wing? we know she carrys multiple squadrons but so did the claw. If that is what this argument is based on she could be a Bengal, or a Confederation that was renamed following Capt. Eisen's death

Prophecy uses the term 'squadron' instead of wing -- Midway carries three 75 plane *wings*, not squadrons -- each of these is made up of 6 or so of what we would consider squadrons in any other game. The Bengal carries only one of what WCP calls a squadron.

The Lexington from Armada does not carry more than one wing, ruling her out.

(Eisen was, BTW, an Admiral when he died).

Commodore is a rank which generally only exists in wartime (Blair being the exception, because he transferred to the Navy as a Brigadier General...).

I think that the new Wing Commander game should involve Human against human. I mean I think that the whole alien invading thing is being overused. I mean the Pilgrim alliance rising again and wage a holy war against the Confedearation. And i guess the alein thing could be used in conjuntion with the human vs. human concept.(the pilgrims get Nephilem help or Kilrathi help). ANd during towards the end of the game the alein race that helps the Pilgrims turns on them and your carrier and a Pilgrim carrier join forces to fight the alein forces. And you and your former human eniemes fly the last missions and save humanity again. (i know it is the alien invading idea but at a new dimension).

What is this Wing Commander UE about?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
We can prove that the TCS Eisen can't be anything *but* a Vesuvius...

Fact: It carries more than one wing of fighters, including ships assigned to 'heavy carriers'.
This limits it to being a Vesuvius or a Midway.

Fact: It was in service during Wing Commander Prophecy.
Thus, it cannot be a Midway, because the next Midway had not yet entered service.
No... you have indeed proven that it cannot be a Midway, and that it can be a Vesuvius. You have, however, yet to prove that there are no other heavy carrier designs that we simply didn't hear about.

Occam's razor!

But I digress -- based on the production information given in Fleet Action, all carriers are accounted for.

(Since TC immediately asked about it, I must immediately note that Occam's Razor was a joke, my actual proof was below:))

I must state that in my opinion and review of history Occums Razor tends to be wrong more often than it is right.

I fail to see how Fleet Action is relevant - it tells you absolutely nothing about the decade between WC4 and WCP :).

Originally posted by papachulo10
I think that the new Wing Commander game should involve Human against human. I mean I think that the whole alien invading thing is being overused. I mean the Pilgrim alliance rising again and wage a holy war against the Confedearation. And i guess the alein thing could be used in conjuntion with the human vs. human concept

Pilgrim Alliance?? Excuse me??? Since when have there been Pilgrims in the games?

As far as human vs. human goes, we've already had The Society of Mandarins, several pirate groups, The Church of Man, then that SNAFU with Confed and The Union of Border Worlds. As far as infighting goes, we've yet to come up with another group wanting to assert itself in the game universe. Personally, I refuse to acknowledge the story of the movie as being among official events. As a longtime joystick jockey in this game, I took one look at the movie and felt greatly insulted, and disappointed.

"They never existed..." - Saffron Burrows

The introduction of the Pilgrims into WC continuity certainly messes with things but i think it adds even more depth to it. The outline by Peter Telep for Pilgrim Truth easily explains why Pilgrims dont come up after WC1 so it makes clear how they can exist and we can keep the continuity of the rest of the games.

As for human against human conflict, im against it. Humanity was long united even before the Kilrathi, with the exception of the Pilgrims who would consider themselves to be outside of what everyone considers "humanity", and where would you find a credible threat for Confed to fight. Pretty much all of Humanity is encapsuled by Confed, or the Border Worlds, which arent going to fight each other. Any anti-Confed group that exists only fight a guerilla war if any. They have never possed a serious military threat. And unless the Pilgrims had a serious change of philosophy (those being the decendants of Ivar Chu who briefly returned to collect the other Pilgrims left in Confed space) it would be against their principles to engage in a war with Confed unless Confed somehow threatenend their own soverignty, which is impossible considering Confed has no idea where the Pilgrim worlds are located.

2 cents...

Wing Commander 6: The search for more money :p.

IMO, the next WC will start several (hundred?) years after the Nephilim/Confed conflict. Kilrathi will become a part of Confed, Border worlds still won't get much respect. Your character would be an "open" one, meaning you could chose your name, race (Human, Kilrathi, Fireken perhaps, etc), gender, maybe apperence, etc etc. Game events would be handled from 1st person view (more or less like in WC1, only never showing your character, thus eliminating possible problams with certin combos of race/gender/etc). I believe CGI will replace the real filming method, and in game graphic would be used for rest of the things.

As for plot, who can tell. Perhaps the bugs will be back, perhaps the Kats will avenge, perhaps Confed will lose it's grip of the universe or perhaps some new/old alien race will decide to wipe humanity off the map. Personally (as far as my limited imagination goes), the *best* **original** idea I came up with was a borg/unicron like swarm of ships wich pass around the universe every <enter a BIG number here> years and destroies everything in it's path without much point. My second idea was about a confed ship magicly finding it's way to the corner ok unknown space and finding some long lost relatives of 'em or something (that pain in my head is back, better stop overloading my brain... and yours ;)).

Back