Wing Commander movie coming to terrestrial UK TV

Pedro

Admiral
Ok so for a brief period we got the film to hire but we never got the DVD and we could only buy the VHS as preused rental.

It was on pay perview and now I see it advertised on Channel 5 (ie numerous clips from it) the worrying thing is clips from Rgoer Rabbit were also shown which was on yesterday? Have we missed it?

Hell I brought my VHS to uni with me so it doesn't matter to me but I wouldn't be suprised if one or two wingnuts haven't seen it.

Jumps up and down angrily....

I just saw an advert for Armaggedon and although I don't remember any fighters in it they were in that film :p Something looking identical to a Rapier flew past the screen, time I upgraded my TV card to something higher than 320*240 I guess :( Sorry guys

Hi,

Seen the advert, but I didn't notice the WC clip. Either way, it has not been on yet, but I will keep an eye out. (Sorry - was busy checking channel5`s site and only updated after you put your second post in)

Cheers

Brilliant, just my bloody luck. Channel 5, the only one I CAN'T get where I live. And no, I haven't seen or rented the movie.

Originally posted by Royal_Marine
And no, I haven't seen or rented the movie.
Look at the bright side, at least now you won't have to waste time making up stupid reasons to hate the movie like everyone else.

Hi,

According to the UKTV guide that I have just checked Sky moviemax list it on their various channels about 6 or 7 times this month.

(I haven't seen it in Global or Blockbusters in ages). Amazon uk don't stock it, and choices direct UK show it as withdrawn

EDIT - www.blackstar.co.uk have it - but it ain't worth £73 -EDIT

Sorry

Well I can finally play my US DVDs again, and although it somewhat of a collectors item I'd be willing to part with it for something far more reasonable than £73 if you're intrested.
Anyway if I see the ad again I'm going to try and identify what the hell it is I mistook for a Rapier, I'll even take a screenshot so the rest of you guys can make a guess :D (still got the 320*240 and battery powered aerial problem tho)

Those were Space Shuttles Independence and Freedom. I'm sure that by now most everyone has seen Armageddon...

Originally posted by Frosty
Look at the bright side, at least now you won't have to waste time making up stupid reasons to hate the movie like everyone else.
Or equally stupid reasons to like it. Like "Oh, it's got WC on it! It HAS to be GOOD!" How about this for stupid reasons? Weak plot and juvenile (Scream/I know what you did last summer) actors? I rarely pay much attention to the critics unless they universally pan a movie (WC Movie's case) - when this happens its usually deserved.

Originally posted by Elric

Or equally stupid reasons to like it. Like "Oh, it's got WC on it! It HAS to be GOOD!" How about this for stupid reasons? Weak plot and juvenile (Scream/I know what you did last summer) actors? I rarely pay much attention to the critics unless they universally pan a movie (WC Movie's case) - when this happens its usually deserved.

Being in popular movies makes actors bad?

Wow, maybe they meant £7.329p? nah unlikely :p

Actually I have to see it, because at the moment Im in no position to whinge about it cause ive not seen it, and i'd like to have the authority to do so.

Only reason I want it is cause i have to have everything that is PC/TV Wing Commander, Academy was a pile of pants but I still bought it :)

Thing about n00b actors/actresses is some are good from the word go, but most are just crap which is why they stay 'crap actors', the films they make just make the evidence against them being talented greater :)

It's priced to rent -- when movies first come out, they're often priced so highly that only video stores (Blockbuster, etc.) will buy them. Wing Commander on video cost about $104 when it first came out in the US -- it later got reduced to $10 for sale to everybody...

Sometimes (as is apparently the case here) videos will never get a wide release -- and they'll remain available at $100 or so...

Oh, look at the cute little one-post wonder dance for us! I wonder if he'll come back, or if he's already burned himself out.

He's got one thing right though:
I rarely pay much attention to the critics unless they universally pan a movie (...) - when this happens it's usually deserved.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Being in popular movies makes actors bad?
Why of course not! Being in a popular movie makes actors GREAT! Thespians even! For example, look at the phenomenal acting ability of Shannon Elizabeth of the very popular Amer. Pie I/II. Whoops, sorry, I was confusing her physical attributes with her acting abilities. ;)
They didn't really need great actors for the movie, but pulling the actors from teen flicks made it feel like merging the magazines TEEN BEAT and SCI-FI/FANTASY WORLD. Instead of a silly teen movie or a cool sci-fi flick we were left with an unmemorable, silly teen sci-fi flick.

Originally posted by Frosty
Oh, look at the cute little one-post wonder dance for us! I wonder if he'll come back, or if he's already burned himself out.
WOW! 800+ posts and thats the best you could do? Do you use taunts like this to pad your post count? Find an adult to post your retorts for you next time boy or use age appropriate language like "nyah-nyah-nyah" next time. Many thanks.

So... your proof that popular actors are bad at acting is that popular actors are attractive? Excuse me if I'm missing the logic here... <G>

Let's cut the crap here for a minute... LOAF do you really think Lillard and Prinze Jr. are good actors? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mpanty
Let's cut the crap here for a minute... LOAF do you really think Lillard and Prinze Jr. are good actors? :rolleyes:
Hey, millions of screaming girls can't be wrong.

...Wait, they say that about lemmings, too :p.

Back