Wing Commander Kilrathi Saga

Raven0215

Spaceman
Hey I was cruisin through e-bay and some some huge price tags on some wing commander games. I have a copy of kilrathi saga with some damage to one of the corners of the box but otherwise in awesome condition would there really be that much of a market out there for it or would it be better to hold on to it because its value would go up even more?

Hold on to it forever.

KS is a very precious thing. Don't let it go. If you're uncaring enough to want to sell it, well, you're missing out on the true value of it.

But probably around 150-200 at the least.

It's weird... I've seen some Kilrathi Sagas go for as much as $400 on eBay... and personally, I've bought mine for $150... :)

It just depends on how much you value the item, and how much other people are ready to spend on it...

If you really value the box you have (though it is a bit damaged, keep that in mind), I'd suggest you put a reserve price on it, if you really want to sell it.
That way, you're sure you're not selling below a certain price...

For my KS, the reserve I would put would be at least $300... but personally, I'd never spend that much money on a game, even for a Collectors' item...

But Tye's right... you should keep the baby for yourself. In fact, you should even put it in a frame to protect it from dust, and hang it over your bed! :D

150 for Kilrathi Saga mpanty, a good deal ?????? jejejeje.
I buyed my Spanissh version of Privateer2 for 120 bucks... this was a good deal *Ouch* *Do´h*..... *running away from my body*

well even though wingcommander is my favorite gaming universe i could probobly be bought though for the right price. And i don't remember if the box is damaged or not but if i remember right it was but the games at home and i am not there so i can't check it out.

I remember KS sat at a store for months and I never grabbed it since I was flat broke and buying movie scores. %&$@&%&&%&$@#!!!

I remember my experience with KS. I was at Best Buy with my mom telling her what games i would like her to consider getting me for Christmas, so she had a wide variety to choose something from. After i had told her about a couple, KS caught my eye, sitting there on the shelf. I believe my next words were, "...screw all that. I want this." And on Christmas morning,<sniff> there it was.

I only saw it once in a german game shop in Bochum in January 98, and bought it immediately!!!

And what did I have to pay? 59 DM :D (about $35 at that time!)

When I bought it, I already had played the DOS versions of WC1-4, but I was happy to get the chance to buy a WIN95 version so I could play them again without needing to configure a "DOS mode"

NO, I'M NOT WILLING TO SELL IT !!! :D

Aye, my Kilrathi Saga story is full of woe and pain...

Despite the lack of Win95 or even a computer capable of running Win95 very well, I eagerly followed the development of Kilrathi Saga back in '96... it was a grand time for Wing Commander -- Kilrathi Saga was to follow Wing 4 and would preceed Privateer 2 and the new TV series... all was right with the universe.

Foolishly, I ordered Kilrathi Saga from EA Direct -- I was young and innocent, and the memory of my experience with EA Direct delaying Wing Commander IV's 'overnight' shipping by weeks and weeks had dulled in my mind.

Anyway, time went on and Kilrathi Saga shipped as expected -- overnight shipping again meant shipping-days-later, and ace ended up getting his copy first. We all drooled over his description of the incredible manual. Give a WingNut a manual and he'll be happy for years -- but I digress...

Regardless, Kilrathi saga shipped... unfortunately, the day it was to arrive, I was *angry*. I'd just found out that I needed even more eye surgery -- number seven or so -- luckily, I knew that when I got home I'd have a new WC game (despite not being able to play it) with a manual that'd make me happy...

Unfortunately, despite my note on the door and having specifically requested EA *not* to require a signature for the package, there was a slip on the door saying that UPS couldn't deliver the game because I wasn't home (I'm hardly ever home). I was so mad that I hit the brick wall next to me...

... and missed and hit a large windowpain, and ended up in the emergency room getting Kilrathi Saga related stitches. (To give her credit for understanding the plight of a WC fan, my mom did try and drive me to the UPS central office place to get the game *before* she took me to the hospital... but they were closed.)

And that's my story.

Your mother is wise. God knows mine woulda freaked and just driven me to the hospital.

Stitches freaking rule! You are a warrior

"For no one...no one in this world can you trust... Not man, not women, not beast... :: points at Kilrathi Saga ::

...this you can trust...

I wanted KS more then anythign in the world! but i was so small and young at the time, i didnt have a job of any sort and was porer then a bum on the streets, my parents woudlnt let me get it :( *sniff*

I will find a copy of KS, and when I do, I will swim into the ocean and defeat the Sea King with my bare hands and War Axe. Then, only then, will I be victorious!

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Aye, my Kilrathi Saga story is full of woe and pain...
Wow, that's a really touching story, Bandit!
It was destiny, I supposed, that you obtained your KS after a quest, a periple, a journey.
I can't imagine how happy you were once you were finally able to play it! :)

I see by my FedEx tracker that my lazy-ass brother didn't wake up in time to sign for my new GameBoy...

URGE TO KILL RISING!

Theres something messed up with UPS for sure (i know, i work there) but i had something deliverd last week, but i didnt include the apartment number. So instead of looking at the mailbox right by the door that had my name, which matches the one on the package to get the number, the idiot didnt deliver it. Three days later I get a postcard saying they couldlnt deliver the package. How the Hell did they get a postcard to me, but not the package!?!?

French people here, know what this means:

"Il n'y a pas marqué La Poste là!"

Which is: "It's not written Postal Service here!", followed by your index pointing to your forehead... :D

It seems as all the mail services around the world have quite a reputation... :)

Back