why?

*LOL* of ourse I am German and I don't know what Katzenstreu is....:rolleyes: what would I be for a German???
I only meant that I if I only had that 'translation' then I'd have been thinking...what they meant with that...

Originally posted by Cadfael

Wow, still more katzenstreu, today I am good drauf

Well that sounds cool! Today I am good drauf LOL...

Katzenstreu is something you put on the cat-toilet, which removes the smell when the cat goes on toilet. As this usually are small pieces, it refers to the cat being shot to pieces, in German it just sounds a bit funny.

"gut drauf" means "today I am really great"

So I would freely translate it to

Wow, another atomized hairball, today I am really great.

In game advertisements:

In "Secret of Monkey Island" LucasArts put in an
advertisement for another of their games -- LOOM.

The way they did it was: In the SCUMM bar one of the
dudes at the bar has a little badge that says "Ask me
about LOOM". You walk up to him and one of the dialog
options is "So, tell me about LOOM." At which point
<ADVERTISEMENT> starts flashing on the screen
and the guy launches into a moderately silly sales pitch.
After it is completed, you have the opportunity to
ruthlessly mock him about it, then continue with the
rest of the game.

I thought it was well done.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

In Ultima 9 you could watch advertisements for other EA products on the Avatar's TV... <G>

(In-game references to other Origin products are nothing new -- this new plan is to advertise other peoples products inside of games...)

It may be a good thing, generate extra revenue. As long as the advertisement has an escape key and does not show itself everytime you want to start the game, or pop up in between levels, missions etc. To me its no biggie, but if the program forces you to view advertisements before installation or game play. I dont think it will be a bad thing!

RFB

My understanding is that this means seeing stuff like billboards for coke along the sidelines of a sports game -- or on the planet in a Privateer type game. :)

I see. Well, that may be a good thing, add some reality since they post banners along the barriers like in a baseball field or hockey rink. Hmm...maybe convince certian game makers to add, say a CIC banner? :)

RFB

well i think that things in the future will be sponsored by big companys. but they should be placed well...a good place for that is for example the lobby where the pilots meet each other after a mission.

Yeah, I figured out that german sentence before they translated it, when they said it was Maniacs saying. In the English version of WC3, Maniac says "Wow, more kitty litter, I'm hot today!"

lol good one. or even better

Wing Commander 6: Blair's return
Blair: While on the bug HOMEWORLD 2, I met DIABLO, and watched a movie called STAR WARS EPISODE 3, while listening to BORG RAP

they wont email you back. i think they got a lot of emails by disappointed wc players. they make what they want (or better what ea wants).

Back