why?

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
For example! Or armour-plating made of Krupp Stahl. But again, it must not be exaggerated.

Or a cheap Toyota Freighter compared to a Fiat Orion 2 (hopefully a bit more reliable than a Fehler In Allen Teilen model...)

No seriously this would not be a good idea, I think it is good that they have fictitious names in the future. But it could be cool if you could get a Coca Cola in Privateer.

I don't know. Do you know Battletech ? I always found it funny when I found some familiar names (e.g. Krupp or GM) as producer of certain components.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I don't know. Do you know Battletech ? I always found it funny when I found some familiar names (e.g. Krupp or GM) as producer of certain components.

Yes I know it but never played it very much... Well as I've said it could be cool sometimes, but in the WC universe I prefer SciFi names.(Of course, the Privateer B+S Omni could also be named Honeywell Maxitrack and the Iris Mk2 Siemens Budget, but SciFi names are better

More like after the first few posts.

Originally posted by Hammar
I mean, game with 'normal' budget needs 17 000 copies sold to make profit.
Where did you hear that from? That would make even Starlancer worthwhile.

Sorry but are you all german???

i mean (Wow, noch mehr Katzenstreu, heute bin ich gut drauf) doesn't sound very familiar and translating it on altavista makes it even worse.

Oh here are many Germans....but it can be funny (do Catsan or Whiskas even exist in the USA?--> Ge. export articles..*LOL* known worldwide--> hey lets make a discussion what are the most famous German export articles two we also have, well what about Persil??? Once I was in France and what did I see? Persil Megaperls! That weeped me from the chair....:D)

Originally posted by Cadfael
Sorry but are you all german???
i mean (Wow, noch mehr Katzenstreu, heute bin ich gut drauf) doesn't sound very familiar and translating it on altavista makes it even worse.

Nah, we're not all Germans (I am one, though);). I think I met about half a dozen Germans here.
What does altavista translate it into?

Half a dozen??? I only saw 4 (me also incounted)!
But 3 of us are very active posters so you mean we are many....:)

Hmm, you, me, Frosty89 (or sth), Sonntag, mpanty lived for some time in Germany and some others, whose names I do not recall.

i sill live in germany...and plz call me Frosty. i could not take the nick without the numbers because it was already taken...

They have persil in fance ????
WOW man didn't know that !
thought they would use some french stuff like PROPREMENT
or something like that.
Ahh yeah the german sentence translated into english on altavista is
-------------------------------------------------------

Wow, still more katzenstreu, today I am good drauf

This makes absolutley no sense!

Yeah, and I really was on the 'West Coast' one time quer through France....I was also surprised.
And the translation is really super....
For somebody whom don't understands German it's super....:rolleyes:. What they sometimes write for a sh**..never mind!

I had to ask myself the question whether it is a translation...it's a half one.
The other part where they had to interprete / Modulate was forgotten....

Especially it helps to get to know what 'Katzenstreu' is...whom wanted to know that stands in the rain with that sentence....he knows as much as before but he's just more thinking about what the sentence wants to tell him (also I had to think and I am German....)

Back