why?

yeah, i also think that ea supported the wrong projects...thats shitty if you have to do as a program writer that what they tell you. but how can they be so wrong. a new wc would bring a lot of money, and it even need no multiplayer modus...it can have only single player if it is so good like in all other parts.

Originally posted by redwolf
Although advertising in a game is a great idea, I must say I am opposed to seeing giant billboards on our space craft. It is a sad indictment on any government that has to resort to advertising on their ships. Can you imagine adverts on military craft, planes, APC's or on Police cars?

It just shows bad management and a lack of leadership. Governments should concentrate more on leadership, not on politics.

Just imagine on your Excalibur: Katzen würden Whiskas kaufen (Cats would by Whiskas (german slogan))

Huahuahua!!!!
Help! It is bad to fly a sailplane with the symbol of a bank but that? That's the best! Would be really nice....;)

If they are putting in adds for other games, they have done that before. Doesnt anyone recall after installing KS or WCIV there was a preview screen that showed other game previews? That is...ADVERTISING! Now if they are gonna start putting in adds about products, such as toilet paper and plungers, then I would see where it would become a problem, but then again, if it generates extra revenue for the game maker, then that brings us that much closer to new games, quite possibly even closer to a new WC game! Lets see what happens!!

RFB

If we return to the profits-question, I have heard that Prophecy sold 700 000 copies. If it did so, I would call it a profitable game. I mean, game with "normal" budget needs 17 000 copies sold to make profit. I have even heard that this number would have saved "the überflop" Daikatana's budget.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
"Catsan"-Katzenstreu could be interested too...
No! That reminds me of the WC3 Maniac all the time... (Wow, noch mehr Katzenstreu, heute bin ich gut drauf)

Ok but apart from that it is great

Oh yes, that was annyoing. But I guess that's what Maniac's howling is intended to be. :)

Or maybe we should advertise products that the Kilrathi could use? I'd think BASF Anti-Flöhe-Halsbänder (sorry cannot translate that!) could be useful, as well

thats interessting how this all turns. first we talk about why wc is not produced any more, now we are talking about whiskas and catsan:)

Thread changes are normal. They occur mostly after the first two pages :)

Ironically, sometimes there are three threads with completely different content, and after 40 posts people are talking about the same things (mostly Epee vs Hellcat... No I DONT want to take this discussion here...)

BTW Hakkit were you promoted lately?

Actually, all this talk about the advertisments in games really had me thinking. They best not actually be IN the games. That would be terrible.

I could understand ads during install and such. That'd be fine. Maybe ads on the pause screen. But they seriously can't slap ads INTO the games themselves.

I mean come on, WC is what, 700 years in the future? Now while it's POSSIBLE, would Pepsi really be around? Using the SAME logo they used 700 years in the past!!!

I shudder to think

Oh, yes it seems so. Hmm, I liked the Colonel's insignia better. But no, I will not demote voluntarily. :)
Well if you don't like it you can change with me!!!

Back