Why didn't Confed fight the Kilrathi more intelligently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Joshua's problem is that he thinks Wing Commander is Star Adventure 4010, or whatever (what the hell is Star Adventure 4010, and do I really care?). By his reasoning, one should wonder why Confed didn't use warp drive, phasers, and photon torpedos, since they used them in Star Trek, or hyperdrives, superlasers, and proto torpedos, since they used them in Star Wars. Or why they didn't build a Death Star so they could blow up planets (err, wait...).

Let's see if I can come up with some more ideas: gee, wouldn't it be great if Confed had masses of robot fighters to attack the enemy? That way, Confed wouldn't have to worry about training pilots. Hey, wouldn't it be great if Confed could invent engines that went 10x as fast? Wouldn't it be great if Confed had missile ships that could fire out 5000 missiles at an enemy target? Wouldn't it be great if Confed carriers had on-board factories that could pump out fighters out of asteroids? Wouldn't it be great if there was a missile which traveled at the speed of light and blew up any capital ship with one hit?

Yeah, and wouldn't it be great if I had a special butto n combination which would cause all the Kilrathi on my screen to blow up simultaneously.

There is a button combination in WC1 that causes all ships on screen to blow up isn't there?
I always thought that capital ships should be able to take more hits than what the game has them. Maybe it would be better if WC3 and 4 and even WCP if the game AI was better at destroying torpedoes with fighters or guns.
I just think it should be harder to destroy a carrier.

GeeBot said:
gee, wouldn't it be great if Confed had masses of robot fighters to attack the enemy? That way, Confed wouldn't have to worry about training pilots. Hey, wouldn't it be great if Confed could invent engines that went 10x as fast? Wouldn't it be great if Confed had missile ships that could fire out 5000 missiles at an enemy target? Wouldn't it be great if Confed carriers had on-board factories that could pump out fighters out of asteroids? Wouldn't it be great if there was a missile which traveled at the speed of light and blew up any capital ship with one hit?

All those pale in comparison next to the power of thermite super polymers.

GeeBot said:
I think Joshua's problem is that he thinks Wing Commander is Star Adventure 4010, or whatever (what the hell is Star Adventure 4010, and do I really care?). By his reasoning, one should wonder why Confed didn't use warp drive, phasers, and photon torpedos, since they used them in Star Trek, or hyperdrives, superlasers, and proto torpedos, since they used them in Star Wars. Or why they didn't build a Death Star so they could blow up planets (err, wait...).

Let's see if I can come up with some more ideas: gee, wouldn't it be great if Confed had masses of robot fighters to attack the enemy? That way, Confed wouldn't have to worry about training pilots. Hey, wouldn't it be great if Confed could invent engines that went 10x as fast? Wouldn't it be great if Confed had missile ships that could fire out 5000 missiles at an enemy target? Wouldn't it be great if Confed carriers had on-board factories that could pump out fighters out of asteroids? Wouldn't it be great if there was a missile which traveled at the speed of light and blew up any capital ship with one hit?

Yeah, and wouldn't it be great if I had a special butto n combination which would cause all the Kilrathi on my screen to blow up simultaneously.

What about space musketeers? With space muskets that shoot space bullets 23523414 light years? And flying cannons with swarmer missiles? Surely George Washington would approve of that!

Col.Dom said:
Are you suggesting jump-capable bullets :confused:

Jump capable planet killing bullets! Full of glowing holographic IFF projecting super polymers!

115221.jpg

Get them at your local Master Bait and Tackle!

t.c.cgi said:
Jump capable planet killing bullets

Been done. Star Wars: Dark Empire 2 featured a massive hyperspace projectile that destroyed the Republic's home planet.

Kevin J Anderson had absolutely nothing to do with Dark Empire 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back