Why didn't Confed fight the Kilrathi more intelligently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I had just fired mine, and hadn't pulled away just yet because I was watching to make sure it impacted. Next thing I know, I'm atoms, and the view shows a Sabre (Bear was my only surviving wingman) pulling away. Obviously, he'd fired his just after I fired mine, but instead of the Fralthra I assume he intended it for, it owned me instead.

And, sad to say, no matter how good a flyer you are, if you do manage to come in contact with an armed torpedo, your shit is ruined.

Also, I once somehow managed to take a cloaked skipper up the nose. I didn't even think it was possible, but I guess it was.

Also, I once somehow managed to take a cloaked skipper up the nose. I didn't even think it was possible, but I guess it was.

it IS possible as you know now, and it surely hurts a lot. Come to think of it, I can't recall ever getting hit by the skipper in a frontal collision, but I rammed it while in pursuit at least a couple of times.

Imagine my look of shock and horror as I was blissfully chasing towards a corvette, and suddenly, this odd apparition takes up my viewscreen for about half a sec-BOOM. Owned.

I tended to run into the skipper (while it was cloaked) more as I was turning to chase one after missing it on the "head-on" approach. "Taking skipper down the right side, oops . . . nevermind" :(

C-ya

That one skipper missile in the "Exit Ariel" mission is the ultimate skipper missile because it is so difficult to dispatch!

The last time I flew that mission, I ended up hanging around the Victory, waiting for that sucker to launch. My wingman ( I think I was with Hobbes that time ) and I got chewed up pretty bad, but I was tired of chasing that friggin' thing. I made it come to me.

If you land before you get to that point, you can fly the "Blow up the asteroid base" mission. It's pretty darned fun.

I was hit by torpedo in WC2, I think I was in a broadsword and I was flying in to do a bombing run, it was a Ralari, cause it kept flying at me so I couldn't just hold out of it's range and wait for the lock. I had to slow down cause I had missed timed the run, and I launched my torpedo, and then I exploded, it was the, my wingman had launched a torp behind me, and it caught up with me when I slowed down.
Damn crazy luck on that one.

overmortal said:
If you land before you get to that point, you can fly the "Blow up the asteroid base" mission. It's pretty darned fun.

And if you don't blow up the asteroid base... you get to blow it up again!

The base was neat and all, but the best part of that mission was fighting six Vaktoth after sending your wingman home. That was gooood stuff. Then Dralthi, and Darket (I think that's right), and then more Vaktoth. Mmm mmm mmm . . . so many dead kats.

That's kinda sad. We never gave them a chance to comunicate.

Actually, we did, and all they could say was:
"You pathetic descendant of monkeys"

Blast the sucker to hell!!!!

I know I'm probably going to get yelled at, warned, whatever for this, but after seeing the super polymer missles reference in the 'decoy ships' thread, I had to find out what it meant. After reading this, I just knew it had to be bumped to be appreciated by a new generation of forum browsers. Sorry.

What? Are we to believe this is some sort of magic xylophone? Boy, I really hope someone got fired for that.

Start a new thread then...don't resurrect something from last year. Especially when you are only adding 2 lines of text with nothing of any value to anyone....in all honesty I think most of us would like to forget this thread and not let new CZ users have to deal with it. Next time you should just read it yourself and not feel the need to add a dinky post to the end.

Mad Cow said:
I know I'm probably going to get yelled at, warned, whatever for this, but after seeing the super polymer missles reference in the 'decoy ships' thread, I had to find out what it meant. After reading this, I just knew it had to be bumped to be appreciated by a new generation of forum browsers. Sorry.

I'm pretty lazy, someone come up with a good custom title for this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back