Why did you pick your name?

I played Crusader back in the day... I remember seeing the demo in the store for the first time <G> Twas a keen, keen game... a shame Tony left for DA.

It was the only game which made me think for very short time that the violence was too explicit... only for a minute or so. :) Then I enjoyed shooting, disintegrating, boiling and liquifying my enemies again. :)

Well, mine is not wierd...My nick is and always has been Viper, but someone here took it - wait 'till I catch him:D. Anyway, I like scorpions too, so Scorpio...And Mav23...Viper also came from Top Gun...Mike Metcalf, callsign Viper...and, as I'm a race car driver, I love the Dodge Viper...

Originally posted by wcwraith
a wraith is a mythical creature that sneaks up in the night and steal things. thats were i got my nick from im sure you can guess were the wc comes from
Umm... you stalk toilets at night and steal toilet paper, right? :)

Crusader is an awesome game... probably the only non-first-person shooter that I really got into.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Yeah, the dog on Johnny Quest is named Bandit...

The creator of Johnny Quest, who died in the mid-90s, HATED Bandit. It was forced on him to make the show more kid friendly.

As for Crusader, it was a fantastic game! But it doesn't hold a candle to the original Syndicate. That was a game I feared and loved...So addictive...!

Now I wish they left in the dogs and the Women with Baby Carrages as Civies >.< God, how sick is that?

Russell Shaw, who did the sound on that game, found out that Steven Speilberg was addicted to Syndicate for quite some time...one of his favorite games...

Originally posted by LeHah
(...)
But it doesn't hold a candle to the original Syndicate. That was a game I feared and loved...So addictive...!
(...)

Yes, it was. One of my favourite games. But the sequel was so disappointing...

Crusader was truly an awesome game. I never understood why they didn't continue the series. I thought both were comercially successful and game companies usually milk a successful series dry before dumping it.

Syndicate Wars was a fine game unto it's self, but after playing the original, it was a self-inflicted injury. I did like the addition of the Cataclysm Satalite Weapons system though...Signal it off and watch a block's worth of buildings and civilians get blown to MacAuliffe...

He was working on DA's car game, and got fired when CR left... he may or may not still be working on it at a different studio.

Zor Prime is the bad guy turned good guy from a series called Robotech. My fav. TV show! He's kind of like Darth Vader was. Good, then bad, then good again!

Originally posted by $tormin
Some of you have interesting names and i wanted to know why you chose them.

My callsign "Sonntag" has nothing to do with sunday (Sonntag is German for Sunday) I was called so by my class because nobody here in Denmark could speak my name rightfully, so somebody started calling me Sonntag. Actually, nobody knows why I was called that way and who had started with it. Still I chose to keep it in Wing Commander and so on, as it was good to have one callsign on the net you could use and that you feel fitting.

I've used Icedagger for years, as my callsign in flight games, and my player name in others. I'm not exactly sure why I use it, but I guess when I thought it up, it sounded kind of sinister. I don't know. Now I'm starting to use the name Ragnarok (it's from Viking mythology) as my name in many other games, including Counter-Strike.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Zor Prime is the bad guy turned good guy from a series called Robotech. My fav. TV show! He's kind of like Darth Vader was. Good, then bad, then good again!

I have the whole colection of robotech books. i hate them but i have em. :\
I saw the movie macross plus and it was ok. was the serise like that?

Originally posted by Quarto
Crusader is an awesome game... probably the only non-first-person shooter that I really got into.

Besides Wing Commander - right?

Crusader was a really addictive game - and I loved those roll manouvres that magically made you impervious to gun fire :)

I remember getting to within a few levels of finishing 'no remorse', and coming home one day to find out that my new flatmate had used my computer while I was at work, and he'd deleted my saved game files by mistake. There was a little friction in the household that night to say the least.

AD is simply my intials but it goes well with the other callsign I usually used in the WC games: Awesome. Anyway I always thought AD sounded (and looked!) neat.

-AD.

Originally posted by Zor Prime

Yes Robotech Masta! :D

What I really wanna know is what mpanty means...:D LOAF, too, but I'd be killed by Death if I found out...^_^;;;

Back