Which fighter type is your favorite?

Which fighter type is your favorite?

• Light Fighter (Ferret, Arrow, Banshee)

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Medium Fighter (Scimitar, Hellcat, Vindicator)

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Heavy Fighter (Raptor, Sabre, Thunderbolt)

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Super Fighter (Excalibur, Dragon, Vampire)

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Bomber (Broadsword, Longbow, Devastator)

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Multi-Role (Strike Sabre, Avenger, Strike Vampire)

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Interceptor (Wasp)

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by Dominator
There was - in the first mission in K'tithrak Mang (first with Jazz) You are ordered to destroy Ralatha.
I know, but I was referring to the two missions that come after that - the asteroid patrol when you sighted the Strakha, and the subsequent Jazz-hunt. Since WC2 allows for multiple fighter loadouts, these two missions may have been played without torpedoes. But I can't remember :(.

Wow, people really like the Wasp. It stood alone in interceptor list and got a decent voting...

Hey weee ima new member..... ANYWAY i joined up to say the BROADSWORD IS TEH WIN. That is my favorite of all video game ships. EVER. I have no idea why. It was just sooo cool, it looks huge, flys like a boat, and carrys a load of guns. It had its own jump drive(even though if u torped your carrier you would still drift aimlessly through space and die). And i flew it the most of any wing commander ship. Mainly because the jump system on my copy of wc2 was bad and i had to fly manually on all of its missions, so like a half hour to the point and a half back.. it was cool. If I ever was to get a ship to randomly travel through space on, thatd be it. It would be cool, you know, with like a mini bar and a little like rv house deally in the back.

By jump system do you mean autopilot? It didn't work? Amazing how you could play the game this way.

Re: Re: For you Dragon lover's

Originally posted by Delance
What about adding a new one?

"TEH GUYZ WHO DON'T PLAY WITH THE EXALIBER ON WC BECAUSE IT HAS 2 PLASME GUNS WHICH ARE NO SKILL DRAGON SUX DARKET R0X0R"

Finesse has nothing to do with superfighters. The Rapier from WC1 is a superfighter and, accordnig to Iceman, the best pilot of the Claw after Blair, that's a ship that takes finesse. Same thing with a Raptor, a heavy fighter, and even a Hornet, a light fighter. But not the Scimitar, which is an ordinary medium fighter. [/B]

Thank you for proving my point!
The Rapier is a super fighter for WC1, But you still need skill to fly it!
same goes for every ship in WC1 and WC2 (even the Crossbow and the Morning star)

In WC3 the Excaliber is a super fighter, but you still need a little skill to fly it as it cannot take everything (decpite the fact that her guns go after the target by themselves).

Same goes for the WCP's Vampire - if you wont look out for your self - you'll die.

But the Dragon? - all you need is to charge up these big fuision guns, get real close on the targets ass (most of them cant even out fly you, and on top of all - you can see other cloaked ships), and let the big guns rip, sending them to hell in a single shot!
And they also work against CAP-ships!

Now. putting all the techno-babble aside - were is the fun and the challange in that?!

By jump system do you mean autopilot? It didn't work? Amazing how you could play the game this way.

Wow, I think by jump system, he meant jump system.. and SHOULD have been autopiloting..

well i obviously chose the superfighters, ahh the fun i had in the dragon !! flying that thing really gave the impression of being in an exculsive elite... cos it looked mighty cool coming outta cloak and wacking hellcats with the cannons all charged up !! :D

but if the superclass were omitted i would have the banshee anyday... dunno why...kinda liked it, even if it was hopelessly undergunned...

dunno how u guys could pick the hellcat or tunderbolt... hated them... especially the latter... far too slugish... eww..

Re: Re: Re: For you Dragon lover's

Originally posted by HammerHead
And they also work against CAP-ships!

But not on CAP-Sheeps.

Now. putting all the techno-babble aside - were is the fun and the challange in that?!

On taking all the technobabble aside?

Listen, go play WCIV on "impossible" and see how much skill it takes to use a Dragon. But regardless of that, this "AH TH1S 1S A N0 SK1LLZ SH1P/W34P0N/M0V3" attitude is anti-gaming. It's like those people that complain when someone uses some weapon they don't like on a Multiplayer game saying it's a "n0 sk1llz w3ap0n". How would it sound if the other pilots started whining that Schumacher has "N0 SK1LL" because he piloted a Ferrari in the last championship?

Delance, in what way is the Vind similar to the Hellcat?

Manuverability: Same as Thud.

Speed: 20kps faster than Thud.

A/Burner: 50ksp slower than Thud.

Armor: 50cm thicker than Thud.

The Vind is marginally faster than a Thud, however generally it is the same. It has heavier armor and 2 more Torps. Just becase they screwed up doesn't make it a Medium.

If they lable the Dralthi a Heavy does it morth into a heavy.

Super fighters! And let's take out the CAP Sheep and make a sweater and some chow!:D

I really don't have a favorite. Every one of these groups has strengths and weaknesses that give them a certain advantage in battle. A good pilot will use his abilities as well as those of his fighter to acheive victory.

Originally posted by BattleDog
Delance, in what way is the Vind similar to the Hellcat?

They are both medium fighters. Not all medium fighters have to be identical, you know.

by that i mean both!!!!!..... BUT YES. The auto pilot wouldnt take me anywhere but the jump points... and the jump system didnt work... folowed by a complete failure of the autopilot. As it turns out the jump coordinates could be flown to... a mere something like 100,000 - 200,000 kilometers away. As you can amagine this took quite a while going maximum velocity in a bradsword.. somewhere around 300 km/s. Instead of causing me to be disgusted with every aspect of the ship, the huge amounts of pointless micromanegement lead me to respect the finer aspects of the ship. Like how it rocks.

They are both medium fighters. Not all medium fighters have to be identical, you know.
I like how you completely ignore what he says and fall back to simply restating the position he's arguing against. And by the way, the Banshee and the Thunderbolt are both heavy fighters. I know this, because the manual says so.

Originally posted by Quarto
I like how you completely ignore what he says and fall back to simply restating the position he's arguing against. And by the way, the Banshee and the Thunderbolt are both heavy fighters. I know this, because the manual says so.

The Banshee from Armada is a heavy fighter, the one from WC4 is a light fighter. If you are confused, I suggest that you check the Ships Database. There's no argument here, at all. If you don't like how ships are classified in WC, too bad, direct your complains to the Border Worlds Militia, or to the people who made WC4.

Everyone may say a specific ship "fells" more like a different classification, but what's the point in that? One could very well argue the Crossbow is a heavy fighter and not a bomber. Anyone can argue reasonably that the WC1 Rapier is a light, a medium or even a heavy fighter. It has little armor, but very good guns and the best shields in the fleet. But confed made a decision when they classified it and I think it’s better to keep using it. Nothing we can discuss here will change the factual reality of how the game classifies the ships.

On a side note, I didn't ignore the message but in fact responded it adequately. Since, apparently, you didn't understand, I will explain it in more detail to you. I said that the differences that he pointed are irrelevant because medium fighters don't have to be all alike. Let's illustrate that affirmation with an example: If medium fighters had to be identical, they couldn’t be any different from a scimitar. It's utterly silly and useless to nitpick about statistics. I could point out that the Vindicator is only 20 meters long, against 27 of the hellcat and 34 of the thunderbolt, what means it's exactly the same size of an arrow, a light fighter. But the only thing that matters, really, is how the ships were classified by the people who made them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Banshee from Armada is a heavy fighter, the one from WC4 is a light fighter. If you are confused, I suggest that you check the Ships Database.
Perhaps you are the one who's confused - I am referring to the fact that the WC4 Banshee is listed as a heavy fighter in the WC4 manual. This is clearly a mistake. BattleDog's point, meanwhile, to which you most certainly did not reply anywhere near adequately, was that the Vindicator's stats are so similar to the Thunderbolt that it's more proper to classify it as a heavy fighter. I don't necessarily agree with his point of view, but if you're gonna try to prove him wrong, I'm afraid you'll have to do better than "it's a medium fighter because it's a medium fighter".

Last edited by a moderator:
i said i liked medium fighters... not too slow... good amount of armor and firepower.... but i guess everyone thinks otherwise....

Back