What's the Stupidest Way You've Died? (Now 20% More New And Improved!)

While defending Lyten in SO I rammed a capship missile while trying to shoot it down in a Vampire, which didnt become stupid until the sixth time in a row it happened

Dumbest way I've died...hmmm. Well, I was playin' WC4, and on one of the missions you are supposed to force 2 Border World capships out of system. Well, me being the smart little kid I was, I afterburned my ship straight at the biggest of the 2 capships. Right before I smack into the hull, I launch my 2 capmissles. I didn't pull up quick enough. First I bounced on the hull a few times, turret's rippin' me up nicely, and then the ship explodes, and I go down with it.

Then , for second place, I was playing WCP. It was the first patrol mission, to investigate the Kilrathi ship that the bugs tore up. Well, when the first bugs came through, I ordered my wingmen to attack. One of them gets beaten up pretty badly, and says he has a bug on his tail. I launch a bunch of dumbfires at the trailing bug. I over shot. My wingman was a little offended( he blew up cursing me). The rest of my pals finished me off.

And those are the 2 dumbest ways I've died. Lame, I know.

Well, I remember a couple (a lot actually) of times when I was lining up the Tigers Claw in WC1. You had to come at it at a certain angle or the landing sequence wouldn't kick in and you would hit it. Well anyways, I lined up the deck perfectly and hit the afterburners. Heading straight in at full speed, at the last second the Claw moves and I go careening nose first into the side of the hull, sometimes blowing up the Claw as well.

On another note, I remember going through one mission in WC1 in a most peculiar way. It was a typical patrol mission in a Hornet. At Nav 1 I was shot up BAD (I don't remember by what), the eject light was flashing, the damage screen going nuts, and I was left with one laser left. I, not being one to quit, went on and finished the mission, destroying a couple wings of Dralthi in the process:D . That made me very happy:D

Originally posted by The Phantom
...I was shot up BAD (I don't remember by what)...

Translation: "I was shot up real bad by a Salthi" :p

edit: HEY! I got my posts back after the "Twigboy" incident :) Thanks Kris! Wow, I'm so happy :D

Thank's Eder, now I don't have to whine to Kris next month ;)

But I don't want to bring any further flashbacks of the incident to you poor soles, so I'll act responsible and request that you all go back to the topic at hand (but feel free to congratulate me when you're done talkin' 'bout it :p )

Originally posted by Mav23
Translation: "I was shot up real bad by a Salthi" :p

Hey, I played thru the SMs again recently and I've noticed that Dralthi give me less trouble than Salthi... the Salthi just keep flying circles around me, at least when I'm in a Raptor.... but the Dralthi is slow enough for me to keep it in my sights, and weak enough for 2 or 3 well placed gun bursts to do the job. Anyway, it really takes a LOT of Salthis to do any damage, but still, they're more annoying than Dralthi IMHO.

--Eder

Let's see... You all have some interesting deaths, but have you ever died LAUNCHING?
Every so often (usually after several hours of playing) I'll drift to one side while leaving the carrier(WC3)... and smack into the wall.
*bam bam bambambambambambambamBOOM* :D
This stupid death has been brought to you by Bex Beer. Don't drink and fly folks!

Originally posted by Manic
Let's see... You all have some interesting deaths, but have you ever died LAUNCHING?
Every so often (usually after several hours of playing) I'll drift to one side while leaving the carrier(WC3)... and smack into the wall.
*bam bam bambambambambambambamBOOM* :D
This stupid death has been brought to you by Bex Beer. Don't drink and fly folks!

I have ya beat. I am the only person here (as far as I know), who can say that they have died on an autopilot takeoff! I hit auto and them WHAMWHAMWHAM and some summersaults and stuff then BOOOOOOM! I got to watch my wreckage takeoff after that!

Ok, I just remembered another. One time in wc2 when I was in a Sabre, I died from my own launched torpedo! After I launched, an enemy shot in front of me, so while I'm pursuing and he's turning, I end up hitting my torp at some point.

Yes, I too have had the joy of sitting there slack jawed as my flaming wreckage was hurtled off the flight deck.

As for my stupidest way of dying (as in the one that actually took some active stupidity from me), like most people, it has to do with landing on the Tiger's Claw. I actually completely mid-identified which end of the Claw was the front, and tried to land up its a$$. I guess I didn't fit :p.

Other stupid ways to die include 'reconfiguring' my shields (read 'switch off') while battling kilrathi in an asteroid field.

Oh yeah? Ill take your challenge!!!!

I tried to land on the side of the Tigers Claw using FULL AFTERBURNERS!!!!!

its kind of hard to fit a fighter thruogh a vieport.

well... yeah... I knew that... but they're the only fighters I know of that could possibly fit through the Tiger Claw's view ports :p

well I can understand running into the side of the Claw or the Concordia, due to the horrible graphics... but the Victory?!?!?!

P.S. Does anyone know Kris V.'s e-mail address, I'm too lazy to look for it :)

Whats really fun, is when you die on a landing, especially, yes you guessed it, an autopilot landing. i have done and WILL do it again.

Back