What's the Stupidest Way You've Died? (Now 20% More New And Improved!)

Bob McDob

Better Health Through Less Flavor
The return of a classic! This time, it's not just ways YOU die, but other things as well! This includes, but is not limited to: the Behemoth crashing into Kilrathi fighters, or turning "Collisions Off" and then ramming capships to death.

My pick? Running a Wasp into a CapShip missile at near-booster speeds. (That happened today).

Mine...

In Super Wing Commanderall I had was 1 Gun left on a Raptor. All missles taken out, and the Sivar was damaged greatly. I afterburned towards it gun blazing and I rammed it and died, but as I died I saw the beginning of the Sivars explosion, meaning I would have beaten it had I just made 1 more run... (Those damn jalthi were killing me though)

Ben

Originally posted by Ghost
All of them with bad results :p, you are here !!!

thats cause it keeps things interesting :D if this place was as boring as it looks i would have been long gone

Angel is credited for my stupidest ever WC death. 'twas in WC1, completed a mission, on final approach to the Tiger's Claw.
At the last moment, I realise the landing sequence isn't kicking in. So I break hard to avoid collision. Angel, being the dedicated formation flyer that she apparently is attempts to follow my turn, and crashes into the Tiger's Claw and dies.
*sigh*, and people wonder why I complain about AI. :rolleyes:

Mu stupidest death was in a WC2 mission where you fly a Sabre and have to take out two Ralatha (or were they Fralhtra? I don't remember) and then survive a few enemy fighters on your way to the Concordia... After about 10 tries I managed to (albeit wingman-less and heavily damaged) bag both capital ships, survive the encounter on my way to the Connie, get landing clearance, and then, while using my joystick button 2 to roll into a nicer approach (I was upside down compared to the Concordia's runway) I accidentaly pressed it twice, and afterburned straight into the bridge.

--Eder

Well there was one time in secret Ops i was chasing after a cap ship missle runing right behind it i blew it to bits and released my afterburner. I then pressed to look for new targets( i assumed that all capmissiles were destroyed) then all the sudden another Capship Missile hits me from behind and blows me to Space Debris

In a Secret Ops mission I had to defend the quick strike cruiser (damn, forgot it's name). I chased a Manta and the cruiser wanted to shoot it with it's plasma gun too. I killed the Manta, turned around and ran straight into a plasma shot!

In WC3 on one of the scramble missions, as I launched a Hellcat and a Dralthi chased through the Victory's flight deck. Sadly, the Dralthi smashed directly into me. I didn't actually die from that though. I was just damaged. Then I accidentally hit Maniac with a dumbfire...and I was shot down by my own people :(

I was kiled by an asteroid well flying in a ferret I tried to move but it was the dos version on my p[entium so I was playing at 3000 MPS:mad:

Well, apparently the boys at Origin were getting wind of the tactic used most to kill carriers (flying into the hangarbays) when they made wc4. So when I flew into the Lexington's hangar bay, it steered about ninety degrees and I crashed!:p

Originally posted by Valor NR
Well there was one time in secret Ops i was chasing after a cap ship missle runing right behind it i blew it to bits and released my afterburner. I then pressed to look for new targets( i assumed that all capmissiles were destroyed) then all the sudden another Capship Missile hits me from behind and blows me to Space Debris

Well, better that YOU die than your ship (Cerberus, isn't it?). Even tho' it was unintentional on your part, you saved a lot of lives by your sacrifice. You died a "hero", in other words...

(a stupid hero, perhaps, but a hero nonetheless!:D )

Originally posted by Lynx
In a Secret Ops mission I had to defend the quick strike cruiser (damn, forgot it's name). I chased a Manta and the cruiser wanted to shoot it with it's plasma gun too. I killed the Manta, turned around and ran straight into a plasma shot!

I am always doin that

Oh you want a dumb death i see. ok heres one. I was flying a shrike and i thought it would be fun to fly under cerberus's bridge. well I went under and after bouncing up and down a few time I blew up.

Back