Whatever Happened to...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col.Dom

Spaceman
What happened to all the cooler characters from Wing 3? You know, the characters like Flint & Flash (even Vaquero)? I'm so glad they kept Vagabond in 4 (I would've been mad if they didn't)!

Still, though, I really thought Flint was awesome and expected her to be in Wing 4... even that dumb*** Radio Rollins....

Anyone know of her/their fate? Any reason nobody cared to see other familiar, likable faces in Wing 4?

:confused:

Flash: Dead (Defending the Behemoth, right? I forgot.)
Vaquero: Killed by Hobbes when Hobbes escaped.
Flint: Died over Kilrah as one of Blair's wingmen. :(
Cobra: Killed by Hobbes (Obviously)
Vagabond: Died in the game version of WC4, was barely mentioned in WC4's novelization (He didn't defect).
Lt. Radio Rollins: Unknown, most likely reassigned to waste recycling. :)

Really??

I knew about Vagabond. That was a sad moment. Too bad he had to go. He was a very likable guy.

How do you know about the others? Are you getting your info from the novel of WC3? If so, it sounds like interesting reading (with Flash dying and all defending the Behemoth). Isn't it amazing that almost none of the Victory's "star-studded cast," pilots survived (except for the man- the Maniac)?

I guess Flint was wrong; they were a bunch of scrubs out there...!

Yes, this is all from the WC3 novel. I suggest reading it, it's quite good. I still don't like the fact that Flint is dead though. :(

:'(

Neither do I. Like I said, I expected to see her in Four. I was very disappointed to see her missing. She was a good pilot and a very deep, complex, emotional character. I thought she was wicked cool.

Plus, she wasn't too bad looking to boot! Imagine her in the Space Force service dress, as seen in Wing Commander 4? NOICE!!

Also, I found myself more attached to the Victory's "crew," than in any other Wing Commander game (with the exception of Vaquero... I didn't care much for him). Maybe it was because they were more real? You know, the average joe/jane. Maybe it was because they were the underdogs....

Lt Rollins: IIRC he serves in the Mt St Helen in WC4 (I don´t know if this is from the WC4 FMV, or maybe i´m mistaken and is from a FanFic, i played WC4 long time ago).

Who needs Radio when you have the equally annoying Naismith.And speaking of the book how about the whole Catscratch deal in the WC4 book,or lack thereof.And all I remember about Flash was that when the dead prince shows Blair the way Angel really dies Flash gets it in that fight because Hobbes is'nt properly covering him, I think it was after his original personality was awakened. I could be wrong I have not read HotT in a while.Flint was nice , it is sad that she bought the farm.:(

Ugh

Yes. Naismith was indeed incredibly annoying. He was like nails scratching a chalkboard. I really disliked that man....

I mean, Radio Rollins wasn't entirely annoying. He was just a little dorky, you know? I mean, overall I liked the guy.

Can anyone confirm Radio Rollins working on the Saint Helens?? Wow, that'd be cool. So very true-to-military (how the world, er, galaxy gets a little smaller when you're in)! Plus, perhaps he was one of the insiders he was going to appeal to back in Confed...?

I thought Rollins commanded a destroyer against the Vesuvius when Naismith bought the farm suffering from his torrid love affair with Pauls...wait. That was WC4.123106 :D That thing should be CANON, man, CANON!!!!!

Wing Commander 4.123106 (n.): 1. an incredibly popular fan-made Wing Commander retelling of the saga of Wing Commander 4: The Price of Freedom, found in the articles section of http://www.wcnews.com 2. Just plain stupid (And we're all the better for it :) - Ed)

https://www.wcnews.com/articles/art10.shtml

It's the only fanfic I've ever bothered reading (I'm not into unofficial stories - as good as some of them might be (as Holding the Line appears to be) they're not canon).

Just beware of the final chapter - at first I found it very disappointing, but later thought that it was an appropriate ending. It's just the sudden change of tone which shocked me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to recall that the fanfic was done before the novel -- so it doesn't take into account that source's further information on the capture of the MSH.

Originally posted by Wedge009
It's the only fanfic I've ever bothered reading (I'm not into unofficial stories - as good as some of them might be (as Holding the Line appears to be) they're not canon).

Well, it should be kept in mind that the same applies to *anything* done by the fans, be they fiction, fan made games/mods or fan movies. While I agree that these non-canon prjects are not everyone's cup of tea, in many ways being non-canon is a good thing. It lets the writers and creators of these projects work according to their own vision, while at the same time not forcing those visions on anyone else. Over the past three years working on HTL, we've developed ideas that we writers wanted to see in the story, like a well armed and assertive Border Worlds Union, the mythological and psychological aspects surrounding the arrival of Nephilim (we've tried to make them much more fearsome than they were in the game) and the non-governmental/miltary groups caught in the troubles, such as the Tanfen Corp. Within the Aces club itself (where Holding The Line began) reaction to those themes has ranged from very supportive to violently opposed, and the same would be true in the wider WC community. The fact that it's a fan project though, means that only who want to take account of the story have to do so, and those who don't are free to ignore it. It makes life much more pleasant all aound. :)

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Bob McDob
I thought Rollins commanded a destroyer against the Vesuvius when Naismith bought the farm suffering from his torrid love affair with Pauls...wait. That was WC4.123106 :D That thing should be CANON, man, CANON!!!!!

How can a radio become a destroyer commander ?

Ehhh?
He is in some weird mission against the Dogarthi in the Xenius star empire (former alliance)......mmmhhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back