what would have happened to sether

Status
Not open for further replies.

$tormin

Vice Admiral
if the ge program had really been canceled. would he have been destryed with the rest of the research materials?
by research materials i mean the lab animals.

[Edited by $tormin on 04-30-2001 at 22:06]

good question...maybe he would end up like the howards and have to commandier a ship and escape the confederation

Destroyed like an animal.... he is bad but...
He is dead after his encounter with Blair (i think)

oh, and $tormin, it's SeEther, not Sether. I am reffering to your post topic, not sure if you actually thought that, or if it was a typo. Just some friendly advice :)

Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix
"He is dead, Admiral."
I always enjoy watching Blair say that line! :)

Tolwyn (I'm probably misquoting...): He is perfection... he is...
Blair: He is dead, Admiral! :cool:

[Edited by mpanty on 05-01-2001 at 01:09]

Considering he executed that pilot on the Lexington and killed many many civilians im sure he would be rotting in jail if he hadnt been killed.

From a legal standpoint, he was within his rights to execute the pilot... I'm sure that, had he been arrested, he'd have fallen back onto the old "was only following orders" routine with regards to destroying those transports and such...

Emergency Decree 242 grants military authorities 'extraordinary powers' -- which the Admirality Court used to rule that the Border Worlders had rejected Confed's authority and were thusly not bound under the Article 9 of the Articles of Confederation...

Which means that, as a traitor, the pilot could be executed without a trial...

Well... what was the pilot saying about "his name" and "wing assignment" or something like that, and telling Seether "that's all I have to tell you"...?

Boy that sucks for them. Im sure that ConFed could have found some way to persecute Seether. He was in command of those strikes that killed civilian transport captains and ConFed personnel.

Originally posted by mpanty
Well... what was the pilot saying about "his name" and "wing assignment" or something like that, and telling Seether "that's all I have to tell you"...?
It was the old rebels vs. nation debate. The Border Worlders wanted independence, so they behaved like a nation-state would, and expected to be treated that way. This includes the Geneva Convetion and so on - POWs generally have certain rights. However, the Confederation - or rather, the Admiralty - declared that the Border Worlders were just rebels - not a nation, and therefore not subject to the Geneva Convention et cetera. The upshot of this was that the Border Worlders were (sometimes - I do not believe that Seether's actions were the norm) treated like traitors. And what happens to traitors? Ask Jazz :).

Seether would have been arrested as we see for earlier on in the serries that even tratos are allowed trails eg Jazz, Bear ect and also seether could be done on following an illegal order if the transports weren't military or if confed hadn't declared the boared worlds as trators.

My two cents ps I have yet to play WC4 so i could be taking out my arse about the transports but if you use the bear example that should show proper prosedure.

Judgement only for "human" criminals

I think another problem of bringing Seether before court would be the fact that he is not a normal human. He is a product of the genetic enhancement programm, trained to kill. So maybe he is not as guilty for his acts like a normal person. But it does not matter anyway because whatever he did or was, I FRIED HIS ASS!!!

Originally posted by Dark Tower
Seether would have been arrested as we see for earlier on in the serries that even tratos are allowed trails eg Jazz, Bear ect and also seether could be done on following an illegal order if the transports weren't military or if confed hadn't declared the boared worlds as trators.
In the case of Jazz, it was really just a matter of good manners on Angel's part. Blair would not have been court-martialled for summarily executing Jazz (though he would have gotten a severe reprimand from Tolwyn - you don't just kill valuable sources of intelligence).
Bear's example is also irrelevant - the people on those transports were unarmed civilians of the opposite side. They were neither traitors nor rebels, but non-participating citizens of another state. The Kilrathi do not follow the Geneva Convention(s), but the Confederation sure as hell does. Hence you can't kill civilians - but you can kill traitors.
You may also want to refer to the WC Movie, where Angel very nearly executes Maniac for disregarding orders (treason). Nobody tells her that she *can't* do that - just that it might not be the best idea :).

Originally posted by Quarto

It was the old rebels vs. nation debate. The Border Worlders wanted independence, so they behaved like a nation-state would, and expected to be treated that way. This includes the Geneva Convetion and so on - POWs generally have certain rights. However, the Confederation - or rather, the Admiralty - declared that the Border Worlders were just rebels - not a nation, and therefore not subject to the Geneva Convention et cetera. The upshot of this was that the Border Worlders were (sometimes - I do not believe that Seether's actions were the norm) treated like traitors.
So basically you're saying that according to the Geneva convention, unless you are tagged as traitor, all you have to tell the enemy if you're captured is your name and your wing?

[Edited by mpanty on 05-01-2001 at 15:49]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back