what would have happened to sether

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Name, rank and serial number. And you're guaranteed good treatment...

That is, if they follow the Geneva Convention regulations. As recent as Samalia (spelling), they did not honor the Geneva Convention rules. Our men got killed (US), dragged thru the street, and we all watched it on tv. :mad:

RFB

Well, yes, getting a country to actually follow the rules is very difficult... but Confed *does*, and that's what matters here.

Originally posted by Quarto
...you don't just kill valuable sources of intelligence...
Uh huh. Found that out when I blew up the Gamal Gan, just to see what would happen. :)

Seether would probably have been used by Intel...one of those "do this and serve us well or you disappear"

"It wouldn't do any good, Lieutenant...when Confed Intel wants you blanked, you're gone forever." - Eisen

I would have brought him up on charges against humanity, beings he launched the first test of the Flash Pak on that innocent civi medical transport! Then he laughs about it and calls the test a success. He is lower than a snot in the grass! He may have been a product of enhanced genetics, but that enhancement did nothing for his sense of humanity.

RFB

He can easily argue that he was only following orders -- and you can't impose a death penalty for laughter. :)

Anyway, the intel thing is a good point -- afterall, the T-Bomb was devised by a scientist who'd killed masses to prove his theories... something which was ignored because he helped win.

The only following orders argument was no longer legit after the conviction of Adolph Eichmann at the Nuremburg trials.

Ya know, that has to REALLY suck to be put in a position like that. If you don't follow orders, your dead. If you DO follow orders, you may very well still be dead.

Seether may have been genetically enhanced, but he's still human. The guy doesn't have tentacles growing out of his ears, people!

He's just what could have been produced by random genetic breeding...an unlikely proability, but still one within the range of genetic deviation. It's not like the guy has to put on makeup every day to hide his scales...he was modified, but not enough to make him sub/super/meta/non human.

You're right, Nep -- Seether hasn't been engineered to be evil or something... he's just especially good at fighting.

Originally posted by Quarto
In the case of Jazz, it was really just a matter of good manners on Angel's part... Angel very nearly executes Maniac for disregarding orders (treason).
I was just thinking about that. If Blair had every right to execute Jazz, why did Angel stop him, considering she was so ready to execute Maniac? Both Maniac and Jazz were responsible for the deaths of her close friends, and emotion may have temporarily clouded her judgement in Maniac's case, but I don't think Jazz was worth defending.

Of course there's the "Jazz has 'intelligence'" argument and the fact that Angel was going to execute Maniac just for the sake of tension in the movie.

Okay, fine.

It's just funny to think of Angel as a hot-head, especially when she was so calm in WC1/2/3.

No, it's not at all... look what happened when her best friend in WC2 died...

Is it such a surprise that she was angry when her best friend in the movie died? She was cold and calculating there, too... but Rosie's death broke through that, as did Spirits.

Originally posted by Nep Parth
Seether may have been genetically enhanced, but he's still human. The guy doesn't have tentacles growing out of his ears, people!

he might not consider himself human. pilgrims don't and they don't have tentacles either :)

Not only that, the argument that Seether was in some way not human is also excusing his actions. That naturally leads to the idea that "It was just the way he was, and he couldn't help doing the things he did." That, as the Kilrathi say, is the warm leavings of a male cow. The Black Lance were every bit as responsible for their actions as anyone else.

Best, Raptor

Actually.. that's as the human's say :( Kirah was trying to imitate a human expression. He just kinda screwed it up.

TC

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
Ya know, that has to REALLY suck to be put in a position like that. If you don't follow orders, your dead. If you DO follow orders, you may very well still be dead.

It must also REALLY suck to be have your body dissolve into mush after you have bioweapons dropped on you. I find it hard to feel any sympathy for the Black Lancers. If any of the pilots disagreed with their orders, all they had to do was to take one of those cloaked dragons, head for the nearest Confed BW base, and blow the entire plan out of the water.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by TC
Actually.. that's as the human's say :( Kirah was trying to imitate a human expression. He just kinda screwed it up.

TC

I knew that. I just didn't want to use the human expression on a public board. Kind of like saying "Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot instead of what you really mean :)

Best, Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back