What were the worst injustices in the Wing Commander Movie?

TCSTigersClaw

Greek Special Forces B' Company "Naoussa" 2007-200
Originally posted by TopGun
Well I like both PSX WC III and IV. Never played the PC originals.
You say that cause you havent played the PC versions....When you do,you ll find the PSX versions not good......


I also started with the Amiga version of Wing Commander Topgun.Yes ,ofcourse it was cool !

There was something unique compared to the PC version.In the simulator,when you select opponent:cool:
 

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
You say that cause you havent played the PC versions....When you do,you ll find the PSX versions not good......
There's very little good about WC3 PSX... the missions are the same and it's got horrible load times. I think it has one more news cutscene than the 3DO version... that's the only reason to own it. :)

The WC4 version is a bit more fun -- especially if you can track down one of those Sony 'dual-joystick' dealies... makes WCIV PSX very easy to control.

There was something unique compared to the PC version.In the simulator,when you select opponent
Rotate, my pretties, rotate!
 

Maniac II

Rear Admiral
Well... i've only ever played WC on my PC... i've had a lot of different joysticks, right now though, i have a sidewinder....now if i can only get my hands on one of those WC joysticks :D
 

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
The Sidewinder is a fine choice, I use it for all the Win9x WC games (there was a WCP profile with the original version of the 'stick!)

For the DOS stuff, though, I'm using a Thrustmaster FCS/WCS/RCS setup... which is supported by most of the old games.
 

Delance

Victory, you say?
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
For the DOS stuff, though, I'm using a Thrustmaster FCS/WCS/RCS setup... which is supported by most of the old games.
I used the CH Flightstick Pro, the official joystick of the WCIV trailer, for WC3/WC4/WCP/WCSO. But now it's old so I got a Sidewinder Precision Pro 2.

I had some old small josystick for WC2. It was the size of an atari stick, but it was very precise. Cool, you had to control the ship like holding a pen.

But I played most WC with the good old keyboard. :) Not by choice, however.
 

Maniac II

Rear Admiral
Originally posted by Delance
I used the CH Flightstick Pro, the official joystick of the WCIV trailer, for WC3/WC4/WCP/WCSO. But now it's old so I got a Sidewinder Precision Pro 2.

I had some old small josystick for WC2. It was the size of an atari stick, but it was very precise. Cool, you had to control the ship like holding a pen.

But I played most WC with the good old keyboard. :) Not by choice, however.

Even though its not as percise, keyboards are alright in my opinion (unless you have a joystick that is) :D
 

Delance

Victory, you say?
Originally posted by Maniac II
Even though its not as percise, keyboards are alright in my opinion (unless you have a joystick that is) :D
Mouse were cool too, specially on WC2. You had to be careful, however, because the mouse cursos could get mixed up with the ITTS.
 

Ghost

Emperor
I hated the use of mice in Fli-sims, i used one to play the original Tie Fighter because the game didn´t recognized the joystick.
it was a pain in the ass.
 

Delance

Victory, you say?
Originally posted by Ghost
I hated the use of mice in Fli-sims, i used one to play the original Tie Fighter because the game didn´t recognized the joystick.
it was a pain in the ass.
Actually... It was better than the keyboard. Much better. The enhanced editions of TIE Fighter would only run on a joystick - no mouse or keyboard.

Note: The X-wing wouldn't run on the mouse, and the keyboard controls were lame. Since not much people on Brazil had money to buy joysticks, since we all live on treehouses next to elephants and lions on the amazon forest, a brazilian guy (I think) made a patch to use the mouse as the keyboad control, and it worked great.
 

Maniac II

Rear Admiral
Originally posted by Delance
Actually... It was better than the keyboard. Much better. The enhanced editions of TIE Fighter would only run on a joystick - no mouse or keyboard.

Note: The X-wing wouldn't run on the mouse, and the keyboard controls were lame. Since not much people on Brazil had money to buy joysticks, since we all live on treehouses next to elephants and lions on the amazon forest, a brazilian guy (I think) made a patch to use the mouse as the keyboad control, and it worked great.
That wouldnt be too hard... if you had the time, it would be really time consuming though....or it would be if i tried to do something like that :D
 

Ghost

Emperor
I don´t know.
i used the keyboard (in Tie Fighter) only to roll and the other normal keyboard functions.
 

Maniac II

Rear Admiral
It seems kinda stupid to me... unless they wanted you to use joysticks, like they thought it would increase the fun.... or maybe they had there own joystick and it was a way to get you to buy theirs... it wouldn't work very well though :D
 

Delance

Victory, you say?
Originally posted by Ghost
I don´t know.
i used the keyboard (in Tie Fighter) only to roll and the other normal keyboard functions.
Yes, now I rememeber. A good way to fly was to use keyboard+mouse. Keyboard for long ups and downs (hard to do with the mouse), roll, and the mose for the precision movement. A little difficult to get used to, but worked fine.
 
joystick w/WCIV

Speaking of joysticks, I'm using a Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital with my newly patched WCIV. It's kind of sloppy. There's a deadspot on center that makes precision aiming difficult, but the game still kicks a$$.

I play Privateer2 with a mouse. It's awesome. I've tried the joystick and it only works smoothly for about five minutes at a time; gets screwed up every time I switch cameras.
And with the mouse, you actually have more maneuverability. It seems to shrink the ships' axis of rotation.
I haven't tried the mouse with WCIV, but all my previous experiences with mice in WC games have been dissatisfactory. It just doesn't feel right.
 

Delance

Victory, you say?
A bit off topic, but... When playing WCSO with my Sidewinder precision pro 2, the roll axis keep inverting. It's bizarre. Too bad I can't reconfigure it to the "q" and "w" keys. Each couple of nav points the ship rolls on the wrong directiong.

I did, however, program a lot of commands like AB, Decoys, Targeting, etc.
 

TopGun

Vampire Ace
Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw

There was something unique compared to the PC version.In the simulator,when you select opponent:cool:
Yep, when you Selected your Opponent, you saw the ships Stats, very Useful :D
 

Ijuin

Admiral
Wait a minute! When/how were you able to select your opponent? I thought only the WC1 simulator allowed that, not WC3 or WCP...
 
Top