What were the worst injustices in the Wing Commander Movie?

Dont worry,if you Crush while installation cause of the Autodetection of the Sound Card etc.Just install the files ,dont choose sound card and dont test the Video.

Just install it that way and then install the patch.The game will work Perfectly .Ive tested at Win95/98/98SE/XP and its OK :cool:

WC3

There doesn't seem to be one for WC3 either. I thought I might replay that one first, then redo The Price of Freedom. Oh, well, I'll have fun with WCIV then. I love the high degree of interactivity in the game planning...and the Dragon...and the Leach guns...and the intrigue...and the complicated and unpredictable ending..and...

Have you tried... just running Wing Commander 3? It works for a good number of people.

WC3

I lost my original crappy Aureal 360 sound-video card over a year ago. I had to replace it with a Sounblaster card, which is great for windows, but my pc doesn't have an ISA slot, so I can't install a DOS soundcard.
So I can play it, but without sound--which is kinda pointless.

No, have you just tried running it in windows?

Also, all sound blaster cards are capable of running in DOS... You just need to install the right DOS drivers.

How about getting a Playstation? Works for me. A second hand Playstation would cost sixty dollars Australian, which, correct me if I'm wrong, would work out to thirty American and fifteen pounds, and I think about three thousand yen. The game itself I can get for fifteen dollars, or seven and a half, three and three quarters or seven hundred and fifty.

Yeah,I bought it only for those extras.But.......it generally sucks....its not like the PC version......:(

Originally posted by TopGun
Never even played the 3DO

Argh! That is very unfortunate. Don't get me wrong, it certainly wasn't the best system ever... but it sure did have its moments. I will give it one thing, it was definitely "unique," in many ways.

The 3DO version of Wing Commander III was my first ever WC experience, so it will always hold a strong place in mine heart. The only cons to it were the lack of atmospheric missions (which were, for compensation, replaced with mega-kick@$$ FMV sequences) and noticably ugly polygons. Besides that, everything else was done in a superior fashion to the PC. Also, personally, I felt the PSX version sucked hard. It felt... rushed....

That is, of course, my own opinion on that ;)

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Also, personally, I felt the PSX version sucked hard. It felt... rushed.... That is, of course, my own opinion on that

I thought they did a fine job on porting WC3 to the PS. In fact, it was the same team who ported it to 3DO I'm pretty sure.

WC4, on the other hand, is best left bought only by WC completists.

Originally posted by LeHah
WC4, on the other hand, is best left bought only by WC completists.

Oh yes... now that was rushed. It was a terrible port! Makes me sort of glad the 3DO one never saw the light of day....

Well I like both PSX WC III and IV. Never played the PC originals. For those who've played Starlancer, did you see that they used Scenes from WC Movie in the ACN News Broadcasts in the game.

Back