What were the worst injustices in the Wing Commander Movie?

Oops

Yes, thank you. I meant Hellcat. It's been a few years since I've been able to play WC3 or 4 because of an upgrade to Windows 98.
Btw, what was the name of the ship introduced at the end of WC3 with the auto targetting guns? That was a cool one too.
My favorites are that one, the Dragon, and just about everything from WCP.

Originally posted by Aries
what's menacing about a giant green shaved monkey with a beard? that's what they looked like.

At least they weren't furry. Most people associate furry with cute&cuddly. Name one menacing creature in a sf movie made in the last decade that had long, well-groomed fur.

Re: Oops

Originally posted by DarkeningAddict
Yes, thank you. I meant Hellcat. It's been a few years since I've been able to play WC3 or 4 because of an upgrade to Windows 98.

Wow, what? That doesn't even approach being a reason to not be able to play WC3 and 4...

At least they weren't furry. Most people associate furry with cute&cuddly.

well all they would have to do is show a Kilrathi gutting someone with its claws and most people wouldn't think the cats were so cute and cuddly. but in the first place, how could anyone think that a 7 foot tall feline that wants to kill every human in sight (that doesn't help it) is cute and cuddly. hell, even my sister didn't like the cats and she thinks damn near everything is cute and cuddly.

Btw, what was the name of the ship introduced at the end of WC3 with the auto targetting guns? That was a cool one too.
My favorites are that one, the Dragon, and just about everything from WCP.

Oh, you mean the Excalibur. Twelve missiles and TOTAL overkill guns! If the armor were thicker, it would still rival the Vampire!

As for what he means about being unable to play because of the upgrade, I think he means that WC3/4 won't run on his machine with Win98 :(

. It's been a few years since I've been able to play WC3 or 4 because of an upgrade to Windows 98.

I have the same problems with Prophecy on my new computer, which really sucks, now i dont have any of the games i can play with my favorite computer....well i might be able to plat SO, but i dont have it....damn!!!:mad:

Originally posted by Col.Dom
I AM THE HELLCAT COMMANDER!!

:p

Was there a discussion i missed??? OR is he just boasting his abilities with a piticular fighter like any good little Confed. pilot?

Re:Excalibur & Windows 98

Originally posted by Ijuin
Oh, you mean the Excalibur. Twelve missiles and TOTAL overkill guns! If the armor were thicker, it would still rival the Vampire!

As for what he means about being unable to play because of the upgrade, I think he means that WC3/4 won't run on his machine with Win98 :(

Yeah, the Excalibur. Awesome ship. And that's exactly what I mean. I played WC3 and the Price of Freedom via the Dos reboot in Windows 95. Windows 98 doesn't support it. You can start the game, but eventually you run out of memory and it begins crashing. I had the same problem with Privateer. I could play about halfway through before it started crashing every time I loaded it.
Now my original sound card has long since died and my crappy little Compaq Presario doesn't have an ISA slot, so I could load the games, but would have to play sans sound; which sucks.

Prophecy however plays great in 98, at least on my system.

Most people can play the DOS versions straight from Windows without rebooting to DOS. Have you tried the WC4 Win'95 patch?

Originally posted by Maniac II
Was there a discussion i missed??? OR is he just boasting his abilities with a piticular fighter like any good little Confed. pilot?

No no. Although I am a bit of a Hellcat ace :cool:

Waaay back when, I had a cadre of hellcat fans lead a series of posts about the superiority of the Hellcat V in any thread about fighters. We were heavily loyal to the Hellcat V (I still am) and we were... very adamant about our decision to stick with the finest fighter Confed ever produced. Oh boy!

That's where the whole Wild Eagles thing comes from in my sig, also. We ran around posting about "73H R0X0R1N6 H3LL(47!!!" like that. It was fun. It didn't stop there, though. Then people got pissed.

The Wild Eagles are survived through me, though....

Originally posted by KrisV
Most people can play the DOS versions straight from Windows without rebooting to DOS. Have you tried the WC4 Win'95 patch?

No, I haven't. But I'm using a Win98 system now with no DOS soundcard. So unless there's a Win98 version of WC3 or WC4, I can't play it until I get a new/old pc.

No, I haven't. But I'm using a Win98 system now with no DOS soundcard. So unless there's a Win98 version of WC3 or WC4, I can't play it until I get a new/old pc.

Yes you can... Both Wing Commander 3 and 4 should work natively in Windows 9x. Any problems you *may* have with Wing Commander 4 will be fixed by applying the Windows 95 patch (which updates it to the Windows 9x version of WC4, which was also released and sold)

patch

Crap. I just dug out my WC4 game. It's a DOS version. I used to play it in WIN95 using the Dos reboot. Will the patch still work? Will I have sound or not?

That's the whole point of the patch... it updates the DOS version to the Windows 95 version...

Back