what is your fave.....

Originally posted by mpanty
Thought I would have liked ALL the cutscenes being spoken... :)
Ah well, I didn't like Tolwyn's and Blair's voice anyway, to the contrary of the Kilrathi voices, which are just plain awesome! :cool:

Some believe that a full-speech version of WC2 exists... in Japan.

Tolwyn's voice in WC2 was that of Martin Davies, who later became president of Digital Anvil.

There's a fairly simple reason why all of the cutscenes (actually, most of them) couldn't be 'speeched'; the characters called you by whatever name or callsign you put in at the beginning of the game; it would be impossible for Origin to have compiled a database with all possible names & callsigns, recorded them in all of the characters' voices, and then implemented it in a mass-produced game.

Remember, WC2 was before you were ONLY Maverick and ONLY Blair or Casey in WC3/4/Prophecy.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
I can do a fairly good WC2 Kilrathi/Dr. Claw voice. I actually sound a lot like that other Kilrath guy in the WC2 cutscene who's talking to Thrakhath (Melek?) when I do the voice.

Do you use an audio editor like sound forge to transform your voice ? I ask that because I'm working on a WC short movie and I'm trying to do good Kilrathi voices. But... with no success :( . But I will try again when I'll need these voices !
BTW did you wach the WCRA trailer ? The voice of the Kilrathi pilot is great !

With the speech pack, WC2 was 20Mbytes large. It was hudge for that time ! They simply could not sale a "full spoken" game, beacuse nobody had a CD-ROM nor wanted to install a 78 disk game...

I didn´t like WCP beacuse bugs were ripped form B5 and the plot wasn´t really much... Even HTL has better story than WCP

I'm trying really hard to decide whether I should be flattered or insulted by that statement. :D

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Rampage3051
There's a fairly simple reason why all of the cutscenes (actually, most of them) couldn't be 'speeched'; the characters called you by whatever name or callsign you put in at the beginning of the game; it would be impossible for Origin to have compiled a database with all possible names & callsigns, recorded them in all of the characters' voices, and then implemented it in a mass-produced game.

Remember, WC2 was before you were ONLY Maverick and ONLY Blair or Casey in WC3/4/Prophecy.

Well... they did full speech versions of WC1 for consoles at the time -- the reason they couldn't do it for WC2 is that it would be too darned big... this was before the invention of the CD Rom.

I think Rampage3051, Sadic and Bandit LOAF are all right: no full digitized speech because of space (storage) reasons, NAD callsign problems...
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Some believe that a full-speech version of WC2 exists... in Japan.
In Japanese? That ought to be fun... :)

But then, how did they overcome the space storage problem? :confused:

Did I say it was in Japanese?

ANyway, the Japanese have multiple versions of WC2 for their FM Towns computer -- which had CD drives before our puny human PCs... it's possible that one has full speech (there's a full speech Ultima VI for FM Towns -- the first full speech CD game, IIRC).

Maybe they just all call you 'sir' or 'Captain' (since that's what you are all through WC2, at least 'till the end.); that's how it was handled in Privateer; all the people called you 'friend' or 'flyboy' or just 'Privateer.'

Yeah, that's right -- that's how they did it with Privateer... (in WC1 they give you a callsign -- Maverick in SWC, Hotshot in the FM Towns/SegaCD version)

The dude in WC2 talking to Thrakhath is Khasra, one of Thrak's cousins.

Khasra was killed by Blair when he (Khasra) staged an assassination attempt on Prince Thrakhath while he himself was escaping from the Bonnie Heather.....

Did anyone else get that dodgy cut scene problem in SO1? That bit...

Blair : Like Hell! Thrak, I hate you and everything Kilrah stands for, but I'm not going to let that bastard kill you in cold blood!

Thrakhath : Then I will fight with you!

Blair : You're staying locked up in the brig, furball!

Nice scene....thing is...when Thrakhath speaks, I sometimes see another Blair or a naked Major Edmonds....WTF!

P.S Major Edmonds is GORGEOUS! :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Did I say it was in Japanese?
No, and neither did I... :)
Originally posted by Chameleon102
P.S Major Edmonds is GORGEOUS! <G>
She's a cartoon !!
But then again, who doesn't like Jessica Rabbit? :D

In any case, calssign problem mystery solved...

[Edited by mpanty on 07-04-2001 at 14:24]

Isn't there someone who stands next to Khasra in one of the cutscenes? This could be Melek. IIRC, he's wearing white.

Isn't it the same Kilrathi that tells Thrakhath that a single human fighter destroyed their patrol around K'tith'rak Mang and Thrakhath then decides to deal with the vermin himself?

I think he's wearing green...

Back