what is your fave.....

Hehe, it wasn't deliberately... :)

IIRC, Thrakhath calls him that in WC2 in that specific cutscene. (At least in the German version he calls him "Wurm" which could be either "worm" or "vermin" and I think "vermin" is more fitting...)

From what I remember of that scene, Thrak refers to you by your callsign, and says "I will rid myself of that insignificant pest once and for all."

Best, Raptor

Well if you remember correctly then the translators just took some small liberty again by translating "insignificant pest" with "Wurm".

Or, of course, my memory fails me totally and I made that up but I think not. The possibility always remains though... ;)

Originally posted by Raptor
From what I remember of that scene, Thrak refers to you by your callsign, and says "I will rid myself of that insignificant pest once and for all."
Raptor's right. After Khasra tells him the patrol around K'tithrak Mang was destroyed by a lone fighter, Thrakhath says:

"[callsign]! I will rid myself of that insignificant pest once and for all".

Well, it's not such a bad translation (the German one) as some others they made. Perhaps they used the shorter "Wurm" to fit in the screen.

In the non-speech version your callsign gets mentioned by cats a few times... "I shall return, Maverick" rather than "I shall return, human", for instance.

Back