What is the best death scene, IYO?

Well, my first contact with WC was 'illegal'. (please don't ban me, if anyone feels I'm breaking the rules here I'll remove the post).
My uncle had given me some 250 old disks he didn't need anymore, and I could always use disks back then (somehow, I always seemed to break them :D ).
Among them, was what probably was his personal back-up of WC2. It was a clumsy ARJ archive of an already installed copy, so no installer anymore, so I couldn't set sound options and the likes. I tried it anyway, but without the manual, I didn't even know you could communicate, let alone that you had to ask for landing!!
After I figured that out I quickly discovered I liked the game and bought it, of course.

Originally posted by Unforgiven

And the fact that you get Sosa handling the comms on the Intrepid is enough reason to defect by itself! :D

That raise some Q:
The UBW have best looking Woman than the Confed ???

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

You're wecome. <g>

No, that was a problem with my joystick. :)
But I admit, I did crash into the Claw and Concordia while trying to land a few times (of course, who hasn't

Ummm, I haven't. For some reason, I just knew where to fly my bird to get her landed. Perhaps I'm a Pilgrim or something?....;)

You never ever crashed into the Claw/Concordia? You haven't lived ;)
But did you play WC1/Wc2 first or did you have already other Wc game experience?

You never ever crashed into the Claw/Concordia? You haven't lived ;)
But did you play WC1/Wc2 first or did you have already other Wc game experience?

I began w/ WC3.

(...) But I admit, I did crash into the Claw and Concordia while trying to land a few times (of course, who hasn't?). But it didn't take me years to realize I have to fly to the front of the ship or to ask for permission to land. :p
You crashed into the Claw and Concordia while trying to land a few times? You are as stupid as me and Zor Prime! I welcome you to our club! :p

I tend to be fairly heavy handed on the controls (one reason I prefer heavy fighters) and I've always been gratefull for the auto-land. I have this image of deck crew frantically taking cover when they hear I'm on the way in. :)

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Preacher

I began w/ WC3.

Then you had a easier way to learn about carrier landings (and asking permission) since landing on the Victory was indeed easy. But it doen't really matter (and I am not even sure my point is valid ;)).

And mpanty: I feel really... honoured.

ok

Does this count? When fighting to protect the Claw, and a Krant or something is close to the ship, sometimes when I try to maneuver for a firing solution I crash into the carrier:p .LOL!

Blasted sprites. I've done that a few times myself with both the Tiger's Claw and the Concordia. Fortunately, most 'encounters' were not fatal.

Back to the topic: I'm part way through replaying WC2, and I felt a bit frustrated when Spirit kamikazies into Heaven's Gate starbase. She says "If you are truly my friend, tell no one of this." (Regarding the revelation that her fiance is on the starbase). I was just thinking, if we were truly her friend, I think telling Angel (in private) would have been the best thing for her. She was almost like Maniac in SM1 - completely suicidal.

Back