What is the best death scene, IYO?

Eisen ramming the Victory during the losing end game video in WCIII. :)

hmmm...

yes. your death by my fists would be a good scene indeed! :p

Oh, where Eisen rams the Kilrathi dreadnaught? I actually went inside the hangar bays of that thing and took forever destroying it.

Well, the best death scene was either Paulsen getting his throat cut in WC4 or Jazz getting blown out of his fighter in SO2. Those two sure deserved what they got... assholes! :)

But what really made me sad was seeing Spirit ram that space station (in Heaven's Gate, IIRC) with her torpedoes armed.

--Eder

Vagabond :eek: ! he was one of my favorite characters, his death was mindblowing, about on par with spirit, so I suppose it's a tie in my mind.

Yeah Paulson's death was wonderful to see. It was actually well-made in my eyes. Even if it was Seether who made.
Paulson deserved it.
But what really made me feel sadness, was the death scene with the medical-cargo ship at the beginning of WC4.
The flashpack....it was cruel. Well-made for the story, but I sat in front of the PC and didn't believe. I needed 1 minute to realize what I saw there...

Originally posted by Eder

But what really made me sad was seeing Spirit ram that space station (in Heaven's Gate, IIRC) with her torpedoes armed.

--Eder [/B]

I agree. I really hated to see her die.:(

Seeing Angel bite it at Thrakhath's hands..er, claws, during WC3 was pretty cool. Especially the fact that, in the game, it was broadcast by Thrak over the comm to Blair while out on a mission... You can't get an opponent too much more demoralized than that

BTW, I thought they did a much better job on Thrak than Hobbes in WC3, as far as quality of the makeup/masks/prosthetics/etc. that served as his "howdyado" to the player. Much more realistic than Hobbes'--no wait: not more realistic, just more menacing, which was key....

Originally posted by Shooter
I know it's not a scene but when you have to kill Hobbes in WC3... It's kind of sad.

...yet strangely ehxilarating, as you've now proven yourself "the best of the best" (since you have to kill both kitties in that mission).

Best death scene in which sense? The most saddening or the coolest?

Most wingmen deaths were sad somehow, though killing Hobbes was really hard. Vag's death wasn't neat either.

Coolest, can't say. Maybe Tolwyn in Wc4...

sadest=Spirit, or Tolwyn, I felt bad for the guy, he was such a hero and fell so far, it was sad.
Best=jazz, i felt no pitty and I enjoyed watching his fighter be destroyed

a ship's death...

...well, as far as destroying ships, I liked it when I took out the Kilrathi dreadnaught in WC3, then watch Eisen ram it in a cutscene. I mean, I watched it die twice...in 2 different ways! Twice is nice!:D

Re: a ship's death...

Best: Seeing Tolwyn pay the price for his crimes. No one is above the law, even he's some great war hero.

Saddest: Shadow. Two weeks short of retirement. :(

Best, Raptor

Best and most humillating= when Blairs beg mercy for Trakhath....
Fuss... laser bolt to your chest !!!

Re: Re: a ship's death...

Originally posted by Raptor
Best: Seeing Tolwyn pay the price for his crimes. No one is above the law, even he's some great war hero.

Ok, just be a blatant idiot. Despite the fact Tolwyn saved billions of lives in the Battle of Terra, you're willing to say you enjoyed his death though his evil, no matter how gruesome, was still minor compared to his victory?

Tolwyn did great things in the Battle of Terra, but Raptor is right even Tolwyn is not 'above' the law. I did not enjoy is death, but I found it was justice! I pitied the death of the war hero, but I didn't pity the death of the nazi he had become. I mean what he did was very bad. And so the good and and bad things give a balance in my eyes.
I think that is what Raptor meant.

Coolest (and sad at the same time), Angel getting disemboweled...

Do novels count? If so, the numerous sacrifices support ships made to save the bigger important capships, those were quite important and beautiful IMHO...

Back