WCPedia: Summer Projects

Well the new editor is definitely helping out...although it's a bit tricky...see below

I've started to add alternate text tables (thanks Shades for the formatting idea).

Here's the first mission of WC1 Alpha Wing (Enyo System)

I'm going to start going through missions and adding tables like this.

Now in order to format them to look like that, for some reason the rich editor wouldn't let me use bold/italic/underline so I had to go back to the code and add it manually (which was fine but strange).

So Shades if you want to start adding stuff let me know. Basically what I'm doing is making a ton of tables for each section of variant text.

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of presentation, most of the changes are nice, if trivial. Especially some of the text colouring in the special pages. However, I do miss the old highlighting style of the 'Show Changes' option when editing a page. And yes, the rich text editor does some funny things.

I'll stick with the old editing box - I'm used to hand-coding stuff and I don't find WYSIWYG helpful in the way that they have a tendency to change stuff without you telling it to.

I'm just using the editor to make tables. It definitely helps with that process. It is rather odd though.

Madman, I can show you how to do the setup tomorrow.

Everybody is coming to the party right? :p

Hey,
Can you write something for the front page? I've got a slot open for a WCPedia update with the birthday stuff--what's going on with the site right now, what kind of help it needs, whatever you want.

Well the new editor is definitely helping out...although it's a bit tricky...see below

I've started to add alternate text tables (thanks Shades for the formatting idea).

Here's the first mission of WC1 Alpha Wing (Enyo System)

I'm going to start going through missions and adding tables like this.

Now in order to format them to look like that, for some reason the rich editor wouldn't let me use bold/italic/underline so I had to go back to the code and add it manually (which was fine but strange).

So Shades if you want to start adding stuff let me know. Basically what I'm doing is making a ton of tables for each section of variant text.

It looks good. Very Nice job Dundradal! So that the table didn't get too intensive I separated the debriefing into two tables. The Debriefing and the mission report. If you look at the other file I sent you (not the OLD version.) you'll see what I mean.

I also liked to Center and bold (and if possible change the background color of) the decision parts of the table so that it wasn't too confusing. Do you think we can do that?

Looks great though.

I'll be gone the end of this week through the weekend so maybe the fallowing weekend I'll be able to jump in again and help.

It looks good. Very Nice job Dundradal! So that the table didn't get too intensive I separated the debriefing into two tables. The Debriefing and the mission report. If you look at the other file I sent you (not the OLD version.) you'll see what I mean.

I also liked to Center and bold (and if possible change the background color of) the decision parts of the table so that it wasn't too confusing. Do you think we can do that?

Looks great though.

I'll be gone the end of this week through the weekend so maybe the fallowing weekend I'll be able to jump in again and help.

Yeah I saw that...still playing around with it. We should be able to do all that. I just wanted to see what this would entail. It's certainly not a quick process (at least for me) but it will get the job done.

Are you coming to the party tomorrow? We are going to have a meeting about the project at the same time.

Are you coming to the party tomorrow? We are going to have a meeting about the project at the same time.

I was. I haven't missed one in years. Unfortunately I think I'm going to miss this one. I might be able to pop in later that night though.

That's sad. :(

SM1 and 1.5 now have image maps at their top level. Sm2 has the image loaded but no map yet. I won't do that until we get all the systems and missions created.

These mission trees are the creation of NinjaLA. So thanks! Like I said on IRC, 3 down...12 to go!

Shades per your suggestion I've started to color the tables...Alpha Wing debriefing.

Oh that...yeah. I'll make sure to do that to all the future ones I work on. If you are around drop by IRC. I'm trying to get as many convos down before the bday tomorrow.

Managed to get through 3 missions tonight. Will try to do a few more tomorrow as well.

How does everyone like the format?

I just picked the color by opening the color box and picking one that i thought looked like Confed blue.

Tried to keep it in the CIC/WCPedia theme....

so ive run through the first mission of sm1.5 and added in the alternate speech - not sure how you want it laying out, so at present it's under 4 sub headings under mission briefing.

There's a lot of duplication using that method. Try to use the rich text editor and follow the other articles as an example, if you think you want to have a go at it.

phew! that took ages - i've run through the first two missions to fill in a table in the style of enyo 1 (which incidentally, i almost broke while palying with, it should be back to your last update wedge but please check i didnt break it!) what do you think?

Back